1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman Beyond: Season Two" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 24, 2006.

?

Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Batman Beyond: Season 2"

1. *****

41.9%
  2. ****1/2

29.0%
  3. ****

19.4%
  4. ***1/2

6.5%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

3.2%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. .c.h.r.i.s.

.c.h.r.i.s. Iron Man Fanatic

I live in Calgary, Canada and have not been able to find this set anywhere. Any other Canadians able to get this? If so, where?

It's not listed on the futureshop or BestBuy websites either.

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The new release date is November 14th, Canada. I've asked Warner Home Video Canada about the delay in release, and so far I've yet to get a response.

To those who have the set, any new comments about the collection? The extras? The packaging? What are your thoughts on Batman Beyond: Season Two on DVD?

3. Palin Dromos

Palin Dromos The Abyss Stares Back

I held off on getting this set, with the weak hope of trying not to spend money. Didn't work, addiction won out and I picked it up.

Show looks great and I loved being able to see some of my favorites again like Bloodsport, Lost Soul, and April Moon.

There were some eps that I hadn't remembered to clearly, like Revenant. The A plot was simple enough to recall, but I totally forgot about the scenes with Matt wanting to see his dad again. That dinner table scene in the middle was an emotional sucker punch, and totally great.

The mini doc was great, The fact that the creators are still lightly debating these old episodes is really amusing.

I think it's awsome that Will turned out for the commentaries if for no other reason than I now know how to pronounce his last name.
    Also b.t. noted a plot hole in the "Splicers" commentary about Terry being able to take on the Bull-guy without his suit and then later having trouble with him. Well 2 scenes later we see him get an injection from Cuvier which could conceivably have upped his strength and stamina. Heck I thought that was one of the main reason he dropped in on the doc, so that he could get his strength enhanced cause he had just been schooled by a "norm." Just wanted to toss out my 2 cents on that.

My only word of note on the set (and this has been mentioned before) is that during "The Eggbaby" commentary track the show audio is noticeably absent (or really really quiet). It's only irksome because there are points when the commentators refer to dialogue or sfx that they're hearing. Granted I can go back and watch the ep without the commentary and pick up on those notes but it is ever so slightly grumble inducing.

But I really love BB and can't wait for the final set in the series.

4. .c.h.r.i.s.

.c.h.r.i.s. Iron Man Fanatic

thanks for the update!:)

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

One thing I forgot about was the transfer to digital that happened around, "Eyewitness" and just seeing some episodes I forgot about. Stuff like whatever happened to Stalker and Shriek in season three? or was Dak supposed to be set up as a Robin Beyond? or the Dakota City reference on "Zeta." Good nostalgia and a friendly reminder that I'm getting older and older.

6. Batmex

Batmex Avengers Assemble!

Well, altought the menu screen has no animation, the colors and artwork look sleek and awesome on my tv/pc screen :D
    [​IMG]

7. matthewscott614

Anyone out there know if there are there any Easter Eggs on Batman Beyond Season #2?

8. The Huntress

The Huntress Guest

Hi, I just finished watching Batman Beyond season 2, I have to say, it's more enjoyable watching these episodes the second time around. I have noticed an error on the first disc. I get this weird chapter glitch that is bothersome. I would pop my dvd in and select the "play all" option. The episode starts and ends fine, but here is where the problem occurs. When the next episode "Earth Mover" begins, It's still chapter one on my dvd player, when it should be two. Basically, the 7 episodes on the first disc registers for only 6 episodes, but "Splicers" still plays. I was wondering if this is a known problem with the release of this set, or is it just that I picked up a defected set. Thanks in adv.

9. FireWarrior

FireWarrior The Ultimate Warrior

I've noticed that too on my DVD player but I don't think there should be anything to worry about. As long as the episodes play fine without any glitches, skips, etc. it seems fine.

10. The Huntress

The Huntress Guest

Here I am debating if I should exchange my copy for a new one. Thanks for clearing this up :).

#50 The Huntress, Nov 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2006
  11. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Btw guys in the commentary for "Eggbaby" do you notice that when the guys stop speaking,there is no audio from the episode playing?

12. MacGyver

MacGyver Active Member

Yes I have. And others did as well.

13. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Ah I didn't see that.Thanks.

14. LazyReaper

LazyReaper I'm weird. You wanna doubt it?

Does anyone know what's going on with the release of Batman Beyond's Season 2 in Canada? I'm not seeing it in any of the stores over here, and the only Canadian site that has it listed is Amazon. I thought I'd ask about this over here before I bought it from Amazon because there's no picture to go along with it on their page and I didn't want to accidently get a bootleg copy instead.

-Aximlli-

15. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce Active Member

Amazon wouldn't sell bootlegs. Ive ordered it from the uk amazon & they don't have a pic up either. It should arrive soon, if u havent got it by then i'll let u know what theyve sent me.

16. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Its available in any HMV and Futureshop store.

17. LazyReaper

LazyReaper I'm weird. You wanna doubt it?

The Futureshop in my town doesn't have any in its store, and it's not even listed on their website.

I'll probably just go ahead and order from Amazon then. The specs for the set seem to be right enough on their page.

18. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I just noticed this but did anyone else wonder why Batman Beyond: Season Two has a Canadian rating of 14A?

19. Joker1238

Joker1238 Active Member

Compare to the other sets, I feel I may have to grade it a F as a set. too many errors, like Eggbaby repeating it self over and over again and NEVER getting to Zeta, So I have to go to the guild section and press into Zeta. That is pretty major if you want play ALL. Non of the other sets had this problem.

Over all I like the set. but it has too many errors to be "Perfect".

20. FireWarrior

FireWarrior The Ultimate Warrior

Are you sure that your set is not defective or something? I have had no problems with it. Personally I'd rate the JLU set lower than this one.