1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman Beyond: Season Two" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 24, 2006.

?

Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Batman Beyond: Season 2"

1. *****

41.9%
  2. ****1/2

29.0%
  3. ****

19.4%
  4. ***1/2

6.5%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

3.2%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The future is here. Twenty-six more episodes of Batman Beyond have arrived on DVD!

[​IMG]

Synopsis: WHV brings you the second installment from the Emmy-Award Winning TV series Batman Beyond on DVD! Batman Beyond: Season Two features Terry McGinnis, the impetuous teenager who doubles as the crime fighting Batman. Still a newcomer to the scene, Terry lacks his mentor’s experience and doubts his fighting abilities. Taking down criminals like Shriek and Curare helps build Terry’s confidence and makes him accept his role as Gotham City's newest guardian. The twenty-six gripping adventures in this four-disc collection will have you on the edge of your seat with Gotham's newest Batman.

Extras Include:
    *"Splicers" Commentary – Producer Bruce Timm, Director James Tucker and Producer Glen Murakami, Voice Director Andrea Romano, "Terry McGinnis / Batman" Voice Will Friedle
    *"Eggbaby" Commentary – Producer Bruce Timm, Director James Tucker and Producer Glen Maurakami, Voice Director Andrea Romano, "Terry McGinnis / Batman" Voice Will Friedle
    *Inside Batman Beyond: The Panel – Batman Beyond Season 2 Panel Discussion continues with Producer Bruce Timm, Producer Alan Burnett, Producer Glen Murakami, Producer Paul Dini and Moderator Jason Hillhouse
    *Trailers

Please post all discussions, comments, etc, about the DVD here! Please discuss the episodes featured on the DVD in the proper talkbacks, links provided below:

#41. Ace In The Hole, #40. Where's Terry?, #37. Sentries of the Lost Cosmos, #36. Payback, #35. April Moon, #34. The Eggbaby, #33. Plague, #32. Sneak Peek, #31. Armory, #30. Final Cut, #29. The Last Resort, #28. Zeta, #27. Eyewitness, #26. Terry's Friend Dates A Robot, #25. Babel, #24. Revenant, #23. Mind Games, #22. Rats!, #21. Hooked Up, #20. Once Burned, #19. Hidden Agenda, #18. Blood Sport, #17. Lost Soul, #16. Splicers, #15. Earth Mover, #14. Joyride

Discuss This DVD!

Note: If you don't plan on buying this release, then please refrain from posting. We appreciate and encourage discussion, but one-word/one-line posts are unnecessary. We'd like to see actual discussion and real comments from those who purchased this release or intend to. Please keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. We will issue warnings if we believe it necessary.

Related Discussion:
    -"Batman Beyond: Season One" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

2. Garada

Garada Mechanical Monster

Although Season 2 has it's share of stinkers, I'm really excited to be able to watch Earth Mover again... creepy!

Got this one in the mail on Monday along with JLU s1. Sweet.

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

4. MacGyver

MacGyver Active Member

So, has anyone looked at "The Eggbaby" yet? I'm just wondering if anyone else has the credits cutting off boefore they finish? And does anyone else have only the commentary, but no audio from the episode itself as they watch it with the commentary?

5. FireWarrior

FireWarrior The Ultimate Warrior

Love the holographic cover. Managed to get it on sale at my local Wal Mart for 28.69.

6. MacGyver

MacGyver Active Member

$27.99 at my local Circuit City. Same with Justice League Unlimited Season 1. 2 dollars cheaper than the weekly ad had listed.

7. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

actually the audio is REALLY LOW, you have to "squint" your ears to hear it:D

btw, loved the Hover El Camino

edit: i did hear some of the audio but most of the ep is commentary is over silence.

#7 Anarky, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2006
  8. Dean Cain

Dean Cain Member

Why are episodes 38 and 39 not listed?

9. FireWarrior

Episodes 38 and 39? What do you mean? If I remember correctly, there are only 26 episodes on this disc.

10. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

i think dean cain is referring to this:

#41. Ace In The Hole, #40. Where's Terry?, #37. Sentries of the Lost Cosmos, #36. Payback, #35. April Moon, #34. The Eggbaby, #33. Plague, #32. Sneak Peek, #31. Armory, #30. Final Cut, #29. The Last Resort, #28. Zeta, #27. Eyewitness, #26. Terry's Friend Dates A Robot, #25. Babel, #24. Revenant, #23. Mind Games, #22. Rats!, #21. Hooked Up, #20. Once Burned, #19. Hidden Agenda, #18. Blood Sport, #17. Lost Soul, #16. Splicers, #15. Earth Mover, #14. Joyride

11. MacGyver

MacGyver Active Member

Well, that just leaves me wondering about the credits, and why they abruptly end with the end of them being cut off.

12. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

This is a great set and I really like the foil finish to the covers.

For Canadians I managed to find my copy at Wal-Mart. I did ask around places like Future Shop, HMV, and a few CD stores and they all said it won't be released until November 7th.

13. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh...that is interesting. Don't know why it cut off to be honest, seems rather strange. That kinda sucks for those that were credited after the animation studios...

-BB

14. j3h

j3h Member

wow...this set has more episodes that I haven't seen (or flat out don't remember seeing) than I originally thought. All the titles seem familar, but now that I'm sitting watching the set, I'm surprised at how much is unfamilar and wonder how much of season 3 I actually didn't see...

I'm glad I don't have to wait for boomerrang or cartoon network to air this series again.

15. ROBOTRON

ROBOTRON 100% Pure Robot!

Awesome set.

Revenant, Sneak Peek, Armory, April Moon and Plague makes the whole set worthwhile of one the badddest toons ever made.

Where the heck is the episode with one of my favorite villians, THE REPELLER featured in an episode called "UNTOUCHABLE" I think it was? I've been wanting to see that again so bad.

[​IMG]

16. SilentBat18

SilentBat18 Hmm, so, yeah

that would be in season three. and all i would like to say about season two is that it was....AWESOME! just like the entire series really :p (minus a few episodes here and there)

ok that's all. :D

17. jasonhill

jasonhill Member

I picked it up for 29.99 today at Walmart.....love the set but i want Season 3 already :-\. Does anyone know exact date when its release or has it even been offially announced?

18. Gpoliceman

Gpoliceman Member

I'm surprised this thread is not getting as much attention as the JLU Season 1 DVD. I've actually been watching more Batman Beyond Season 2 than my JLU DVD box set. I haven't seen these episodes of BB in so long (like 5 years, right?) that they seem so much more fresh and entertaining. Hell, I've seen "Doomsday Sanction" like a million times (I taped it when it aired on tv), so like I said, the BB set is much more exciting than the JLU set, at least for me.

Greg

19. jasonhill

jasonhill Member

Batman Beyond isnt as popular as Justice League is. I love Batman Beyond and im happy with my set, i put it over Justice League but Justice League Unlimited is my new #2. I finished up my JLU Season 1 & 2 set, now im watching my Batman Beyond Season 2 set. Cant wait for the last sets for both series. My #1 show is Batman: TAS :-D

#19 jasonhill, Oct 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  20. FireWarrior

Me too, I've seen the JLU episodes very often since it premiered, so I started on BB before I got to JLU.