1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Batman Beyond RPG: Part 3

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Bird Boy, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: Sorry it's been a couple days since I've posted. Oh whats that? Oh...ok, so it's been over month. :eek:

IC (Jazium):

11:36am

A ringing in the distance awakens me from my brief nap--ah who am I kidding. I was sleeping completely...Batman really wore me down...and I used all I had on him...

Another ring and my hand reaches out for the phone.

"Yes"
    "Is this Jazium?"
    "What do you want"
    "Mr. Derek Powers would like to have a meeting set up with you."
    "I don't do meetings. Give me the details now"
    "The meeting will be well worth your while, I assure you"
    "And why can't Mr. Powers call me, instead of you, Mr. Winston?"

He pauses and then begins with a "How--"
    "Doesn't matter. Answer my question"
    "It's just the way he does things. Would a meeting at 12:30pm suffice?"
    "Noon, sharp"
    "Very well. See you--"

I cut off the phone connection and change into a pair of jeans, a plain black shirt and then search around for a small pistol. No doubt he'll want a demonstration...they all do.

END.

IC (Terry McGinnis):

11:26am

"She Knew!?" The words are sitting in my head, and I know no matter what answer I give it's going to be the wrong one.

"Dana..it's like this" I say, looking up at her. She's either hurt, mad or both. "Remember awhile back when Max was doing a report on Batman? She sort of found out while doing that."

"So you felt you could trust her with it and not me?"
    "I didn't say that! I just said she found out on her own."
    "But she could know and not me?"
    "I didn't think you'd understand what was going on. I didn't want to make you a target of anything. If anyone found out we were dating..."
    "Little late for that Terry" Dana says. I look back up at her as she turns away and heads towards the stairs.

"I knew something like this would happen" I say...
    "Hey, it'll all work out. It's got to, right?" Max says, looking down at the laptop on the table. "So, wanna see what I was able to dig up?"

"Why don't you get it all up and ready. I have to go talk to Dana..." I say and before Max can reply I'm out the door.

END.

IC (Jazium)

12:00pm

I sit in Powers office with my feet propped up on the table, playing with a small pocket knife, and wait for him to show up. He's already late...already one mark on his track record.

"Who're you?"

I hear a voice behind me and I immediately swivel around in the chair.

"You wanted a meeting with him...so here I am"
    "You're the bounty hunter?" He looks me over and laughs. "I expected something...less pathetic."
    I smile and lean forward. "Lets get down to business, shall we?"

Powers moves around to his chair and sits down. "Yes, lets."

END.

OOC: Boo Yah! I posted :p I'll be back, hopefully, later with more.

-BB

2. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

IC: Melanie/Ten

12:20pm

I lay face first on the ground, and odd substance welding my hands together with an amazing force. Without the added strength from my suit, I would've never been able to break it open.

I remain on the pavement for a moment or two, letting a large crimson stain spread over my mask before taking the time to remove it.
    Since it was ruined anyway, I place the black side against my gash, waiting a while for the dizziness in my head to dwindle away.

I briefly inspect my broken knuckles, sighing with the realization that adrenaline alone was running my hand.
    I need to see a doctor, but my current status with the law would send me right back to the nut house....maybe I really DO need to go there. Ever since he died I've been....
    I rub tears from my face as the past creeps up on me, the desperate need for some kind of comfort overpowering me.
    Hitting the code on my wrist, I call for my card, leaping onto it clumsily as it swoops down to collect me.
    Needing to tend to my wounds, I head back to the broken down building that I'd begun considering a shelter from the cold city.

12:25pm

I gingerly lay gauze on my forehead in an attempt to stop the bleeding. Only time will tell if that works or not.

Pulling on my jacket, I look at myself in the broken mirror, hoping that I look presentable enough.
    Checking the wrap on my hand one more time, I finally head out, starting on the long walk to a long desired friend...if he'll even still talk to me.

3. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

OOC: Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in so long, especially considering I'm usually the one to urge everyone to get moving. :eek: But anyway, I'm back now, so you need wait in suspense no longer! :D

Derek Powers

12:00pm

IC: I walk down the hallway to my office, carrying a few folders with information about Jazium that Ms. Winston had given to me. I arrive at my office door and press a few buttons on the control pad on the wall. The door slides open and I step inside, only to drop my folders in shock as I notice a man sitting at my desk!

"Who the hell are you?" I demand, picking up my folders.

"You wanted a meeting with me... so here I am" the man responds cooly.

"You're the Bounty Hunter?" I laugh, "I must say, I expected something a little less..... pathetic" I say, looking him over.

Unshaken, the man who claims to be Jazium leans forward and smiles, "Let's get down to buisiness, shall we?"

I walk over to my chair and sit down, "Yes, lets".

I lean back in my chair and glance at my folders, "I did a little reading up on you" I say, showing him the folders, "You have a very impressive track record", I lean forward, glaring, "If you're the real thing, that is. I'm sorry to say that unless you can prove you are Jazium, you will not be leaving this office ever again".

The man smiles, "I had a feeling you'd say that, which is why I prepared a little demonstration for you" he says, standing up.

"Good, but this had better be worth my time" I warn him.

"Oh, it will be. Have no doubt about that", he says, smiling confidently.

OOC: Well it wasn't exactly the longest post I've ever written, but hey, at least it's something. I'll be back with a post as The General later, hopefully.

See ya!
    Blight

4. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Exit Stage Left, Two parting

It's with a heavy heart I must say I'm departing all RPGs I'm in. I have The World's Finest website itself to deal with, MODing these forums, and other net responsibilities, and as much as I hate to say it, they come before RPGs, and since I've been neglecting them for so long (and apparently losing interest in them), I've decided to depart. What am I going to do with Jazium? I give Blight full control if he wants him, since he and Derek have a plot coming up, or if Blight doesn't want to control him, he can be a freely controlled RPG character, since he's sort of weezled his way into the story as is. If anyone is interested in taking up Batman/Terry right now, let me know via PM. I will still be actively MODing this board however, so you can still PM me for whatever RPG you want to join.

In addition to my leaving, Selena Kyle has departed this RPG as well. She's still participating in the others she's in, so if you can't live without her posts, check those out :)

-Bird Boy

5. Blight

I'm really sorry to see you and Selena leaving, BB. I can't believe so many players have been leaving, though I can certainly understand why. This isn't exactly the busiest RPG around. I'm extemely grateful you wish to hand over full control of Jazium to me. I wish you could stay on and play him, but I know you've got other responsibilities, so I'll happily accept Jazium as my newest character. I think I speak for all of us when I say that your contributions greatly helped this RPG become what it is today, and we'll all miss your great posts. I couldn't believe it when I realized, after reading your post, that I'm the only RPG player left that's been here since the beginning. I must say, I really miss the old days. :( I really hope this RPG can last, but I know I'll stand by it no matter what.

See ya!
    Blight

6. AceOfKnaves

OOC: Sorry I couldn't stay everyone! With all the RPGs I have going on right now, and my new website devoted to them, I don't really have the time to keep up with all of it. *HUGS ALL OF YOU*

~Selena~

7. Dark_Angelus_18

I'll still be here if we can keep it going

8. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

I'm alive again if I'm still allowed to be in here. I know I disappeared for a long while, and I apologize to no end. I've been way busy and my computer had died for a while. But I'm back now and pretty soon I'm not going to have anything going once school ends (3 weeks from today! WOO HOO!) So if no one objects I'd still like to participate if the RPG keeps going... :) If not that's cool too.
    Thanks bunches,
    BG2005 :bubbles:

9. Blight

I hate to say it guys, but I fear this RPG is done for. Believe me, that's the last thing I want, but the fact remains that no one has posted here in over a month, and I don't think anyone really cares about this place anymore. I would post myself, but I was the last person to post IC here, and I hate posting after myself.

I truely don't want to see this RPG fade away, so please guys, post something, anything! This RPG has lasted through 3 incarnations, the only RPG to do so, I might add. We've come so far. This place means alot to me especially, because I've been here the longest.

I think about 5 people have left in the past few months, and I think this has affected the RPG greatly, but we still have the strength to continue, if we all just do one simple thing: Post! Please guys, don't let this RPG die out. :(

10. Matthan

Matthan Member

Gimme a few hours

Ok, for you, Blight, I'm going to write a post tonight. I haven't cleared this by BB, but I'll take over Terry for a little while. That cranks up my character count, but I won't have all of those characters for very long. Besides we need a Batman. Let me do a quick mental count. We have about five people up for posting? Blight, DA, Guitar Slayer, Batgirl, and myself. That's plenty. Let me reread the last few pages and I'll get something up tonight. For those who are kind of lost, I think the next big event we have is the charity event. Try and get your characters there.

*edit* scratch that, I'll get you one tomorrow, I got sucked into a chat for to long tonight.

#290 Matthan, Jun 12, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2003
  11. AceOfKnaves

OOC: Hey! I actually was able to clear up some time for more RPGing, so if you all still want me on board, I'd love to still participate in this RPG. :)

~Selena~

12. Blight

'Course we want you back! The more the merrier! :) Hey Matthan, what happened to posting 'tommorrow'? :p Well, I'm glad to see people are still interested in this RPG. Now all we need are some IC posts!

See ya!
    Blight

13. AceOfKnaves

OOC: Figured I'd post in character. ;)

IC: Melanie/Ten

12:40pm

My hands wrap gently around the large gate that surrounds the grounds, the cold metal sinking the feeling of numbness throughout my entire wrists. I don't notice, my mind too consumed with the decision laying in front of me.

Should I even bother?

Last time I came to Terry, he didn't seem all too thrilled to see me, let alone help me out. But I don't know anyone else in this city...well, no one that I really can count on anyway.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes, trying to push the negative thoughts from my head. Maybe I should just talk to him and get it over with...what's the worst that could happen?

A sick feeling in my throat and chest overrides my choice to go up towards the house, my feet automatically turning in the other direction. Too bad my cab left...it's a hell of a walk from here.

14. Matthan

Matthan Member

A day late and awful short

IC:Blue Dragon (heaven help me, but I’ve lost track of time)

*Bzzzt*

“You want me to get that, Jack?” Paul calls out.

“You keep scraping ice off the wall, I’ll get it.” I throw a sweatshirt on to cover the slits in my arms and look through the peephole.

*Bzzzt*

It’s some guy in a suit. Can’t hurt to meet him. I crack the door, “Yes?”

“Are you Mr. Jack Cross?”

My eyes narrow, “Yes, how can I help you?”

“I was asked to deliver this package to you, sir.” He hands a slim, brown package through the cracked door. I grab it without thinking.

“Do I need to sign anything?”

“No, sir. Thank you for your time.” After that, he turned on his heel and walked back down the hall to the elevator.

“That was odd.”

Paul walks over. “What do you think it is?”

I stare back at him. “How about I tell you as you clean up more ice.”

Paul turns, “Geez, make one mistake and freeze a guy’s apartment and all of a sudden, he’s cold to you.”

“That was a terrible pun.”

“Give me a break, I had to come up with it on the spot.”

“Don’t quit your day job.”

I turn the package over and see the seal. I run a finger under it and tear it open. A folded letter slides out. It’s clean stationary from the mayor’s office. The note is handwritten. What I read makes me go pale.

"Blue Dragon, I regret that I couldn’t meet you in person, but current events of which I’m sure you are aware have kept me very busy. I humbly request your presence in whichever identity you prefer to discuss some of the ramifications of your activities last night especially considering a certain ‘uninvited entrance’ to police holdings. Please come at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
    Luke Sepher"

I began to walk towards the entrance to the roof. I toss the letter at Paul as I strip off my clothes. The armor slides in place and I feel a calculated calmness come over me. If Mr. Sepher wants to see Blue Dragon, he can get more than he ever dreamed. The emblem on my chest flares and I’m gone.

OC: Next up is Bruce and Terry and then the confrontation. Selena PM me if you want to come into the mansion and we can work something out.

15. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

[gasps] SHUBBERY! [gets eaten by lawn nomes.]

16. Blight

I'm really glad to see some new IC posts here. I guess my voice is slightly more important than I thought! :D I'm going away for the weekend, but you can probably expect an IC post from me on Monday or Tuesday.

See ya!
    Blight

17. Blight

OOC: Hey guys, sorry I'm almost a week late. :eek: I've been extremely busy, but not to worry, I'm posting IC now!

Since Bird Boy left me in control of Jazium, this is my first post as him.

Jazium

12:03 pm

IC: I had, of course, expected this sort of inquiry. In fact, had Powers not asked me this I would have deemed him a complete idiot.

"I brought a few items along with me so I could give you an accurate demonstration of my abilities," I say to Powers as I unsling and unzip the bag hanging over my shoulder. I pull out a small gun and a metal target board. I place the target board on a wall and walk to the opposite end of the room.

"Notice how this gun is not laser guided and has no targeting equipment of any kind," I say to Powers, who is sitting behind his desk watching me shrewdly.

I raise the gun and aim directly for the center of the target board. I fire off five blasts, each hitting the center dead on. The smoke from the blasts clear away to reveal a hole singed black around the edges straight in the center of the target.

"Impressive," says Powers, a sneer curling his mouth, "However, I seriously doubt Batman is just going to stand there and let you shoot him during a battle".

"Which is why I'm going to give you my next demonstration," I say, smiling. I put the small gun back in my bag and pull out a larger one. I then walk over to the window and beckon to Powers to do the same. I gaze intently down at the street below, scanning everywhere for a unique individual. My eyes finally fall upon a man with long green dyed hair and a shirt with a skull erupting green flames on the back.

"See the man with the green hair and the shirt with a skull on the back?" I ask Powers, pointing out the man's location. Powers nods, "I like his shirt," he says, smirking.

I press a button next to the window and it slides open. "Note that that man is moving amongst a huge crowd, which will make it almost impossible to hit him. Note also that this gun has no targeting equipment like the other one," I remark to Powers. I raise the gun and take careful aim at the green haired man. I pull the trigger and a high powered laser beam shoots down to the street below. I watch with supreme satisfaction as the beam hits the man square in the back, amid many cries of horror from the surrounding crowd. I quickly lean back and close the window. The crowd would never know where the shot came from.

I turn to Powers and smile, "So, what do you think?" I ask him.

OOC: I would write more, but it's after midnight and I am extremely tired. I'll probably write some more in the next few days.

See ya!
    Blight

18. Blight

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know I'm going on vacation to California tomorrow for 11 days, and I will be back on Aug. 5th. I guess this is kind of unnesecary to say, since chances are no one's going to post in the 11 days I'm gone anyway, just figured I might as well let you all know. :) Hey, who knows, maybe when I get back I'll find twenty new posts! Hey, it could happen! :D

See ya!
    Blight

19. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=c00000]Well this RPG has been dead for a while and since I haven't gotten 5 affirmatives to keeping this RPG alive its going under the axe.

Thread closed.

~RD[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.