1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Batman Beyond RPG: Part 3

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Bird Boy, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow..on Part 3 already. I'm suer we all know who's taken, but as it is customary to list characters taken...:

Heroes:

Shriek: Batman/Terry McGinnis
    Bird Boy: Bruce Wayne, Warhawk
    Trent Lane: Dick Grayson,The Samurai (custom character)
    Batgirl_2005:Katharina Queen (Custom character)
    Matthan: Blue Dragon (custom character)

Villians:

Blight: Blight/Derek Powers, Paxton Powers
    Mr. Obsession: Ibn (Check RPG for story),Stalker
    Bird Boy: Willy Watt, Mr. Freeze (Both retired for now, but will be back)
    Asmor: Spellbinder

I assume Blue Dragon is a hero, Matthan? Not sure yet.. :)

-BB

2. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

Hey, if it's okay, could I play Barbara Gordon and possibly a JLU member?

#2 JLU Dude, Apr 5, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2002
  3. Matthan

Matthan Member

A quick history for the uniniated

OOC: This whole post is out of character. With two full threads of history, I thought it would be a good idea to post a summary before anything really takes off. I would still recommend reading all of the past two threads (they're fun and got me interested enough to join), but hopefully this can be a quick reference. Oh and I'm going to repost my last post like Bird Boy asked. Asmor I assume you'll want to as well. Anyway, here's a quick history.

The story began with a lot of fast paced action when Willie Watt and the Stalker both made appearances in Gotham at the same time. Watt led a merry chase, but was eventually subdued.

It was right before the final battle with Stalker that Blight made his reappearance in Gotham. He had finally conquered his debilitating condition and seemed unstoppable. The battle was on when he kidnapped Max. Blight actually manages to discover Batman’s identity and blackmails him to fight him. Batman trashes Blight and saves Max.

During this, a mysterious character appeared known simply as the Ninja. The descendent of the ninja from the original series, Kyodai Ken. He was sworn to avenge his ancestor’s honor by killing Bruce Wayne, and if he had to kill Batman to do it then so be it.

Stalker and Batman then met for one epic battle. Though the battle was close, Batman edged out a poetic victory. Stalker was left a broken man. It was this broken man that was picked up by the NSA. Stalker was refitted with even more powerful prosthetics and is currently working to pay back the debt to Agent Bennet.

Blight returns to Gotham after his defeat. Through a series of struggles, the Ninja and Batman make an alliance to end Blight’s reign of terror. Blight was subdued and the Ninja was forced to accept the truth about his ancestor. The Ninja had been duped by the Society of Assassins which was led by Ra’s Al Ghul. Conveniently, it was during all this that it was discovered that Ra’s al Ghul was still alive in Talia’s body.

The story went to London to get Bruce medical aid, and the Ninja became the Samurai. The plot goes wild as Blight becomes the loose cannon that can tip either side. He temporarily sides with Ra’s and then Batman. The story jumps stateside quickly as, Ra’s gathered his Society of Assassins and pursued Batman into the Batcave. In the ensuing devastation, the original batcave was destroyed. Ra’s also finally died.

Rest didn’t come like many had hoped. A new larger batcave was found underneath Wayne Manor and quickly adapted to their needs. The place still shined with new equipment when the Joker returned.

The Clown Prince of Terror came back to strike one final blow into the heart of Batman. The maniac’s mad quest eventually brought Dick Grayson back into the fold. It was during this time that a young girl that had been stolen by the government from Bruce many years ago. She is physically incapable of feeling fear and that gift has also been her curse as she tends to be reckless and undisciplined. Katharina may have stumbled and fouled up along the way, but she desperately tried to help. Stalker was sent in to bring the Joker down by Bennet. Eventually, the Joker was located and in the battle was slaughtered. The Joker was dead once and for all though the NSA took his body.

A new face arrived in Gotham after that. Ibn claimed to be Bruce Wayne’s long lost son with Talia. He played the enigmatic route. He even enlisted Dick Grayson’s one protégé who went awry. He had a ruthless, female Nightwing on his side. Ibn regained the dead body of Talia / Ra’s and brought the new and old Gotham knights to his towers to see his plan unfold. He managed to clone a young body for Ra’s and transferred Ra’s into it. He also managed to bring his mother back from the grave.

During the course of Ibn’s coming to Gotham, Dick Grayson decided to take on a new student. Katharina has begun to train under Dick. The results haven’t been overly apparent yet, but it would seem that Katharina holds nothing but promise.
    Meanwhile, across town, Blight returned again. He kidnapped his son Paxton from prison and brought him to a secret laboratory. It was there that Blight regained a permanent skin that can only be burnt off a will. Derek Powers had returned and has already started to garner support for his official return to power. He is aided in this by the mysterious Spellbinder who has only recently returned to Gotham and offered his aid to Blight.

There has also been one report of a new vigilante. A group of four Jokerz were found with a light pole wrapped around them. The only lead is one of the Jokerz kept saying, “Blue Dragon,” over and over again. Whether this new vigilante will get along with current defenders of Gotham has yet to be seen.

We left off the last thread with Batman, Bruce, Dick, and Katharina retreating from Ibn’s corporate building to regroup and figure out there next move. It’s a shame that from the looks of it, they are about to be hit from all sides.

*edit* I've addressed Mr. O's discussions and expanded Katharina's entry.

#3 Matthan, Apr 5, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2002
  4. Matthan

Matthan Member

Repost of last part of Two

The elevator comes to a halt on the ground floor. Paul and I step out and flash our ID badges at a lady behind a desk. She is a short, oriental woman with her dark hair pulled into a sharp bun behind her head. She glances towards us and we let our badges drop around our necks.

Paul speaks up, “Sorry, Margaret, Jack and I need a bite to eat. We’re headed over to Michelle’s. Do you want anything?”

A smile crosses her face showcasing the wrinkles that she desperately tries to hide. “No, that’s fine. My shift is winding up in a few minutes anyway. You two just take care of yourselves.”

“We will, Margaret. See you tomorrow.”

We step out and leave the vehicle in the lot. Michelle’s isn’t a long walk and today I feel safe on the streets. Paul silently falls in beside me. The Police are just wrapping up with the Jokerz and the light pole problem. We silently walk to the other side of the street to avoid the onlookers. I can’t help but smile as I see them lift the twisted light pole into a harness to be lifted and carted off.

“You know, maybe that wasn’t the best way to introduce yourself. A bit to in your face, isn’t it?”

I glare at Paul, “This isn’t the time or place, Paul. Save it for when we’re alone.”

He opens his mouth to retort when we hear it coming. The symbol of justice for Gotham City soars through the sky streaming past us. We follow the bat mobile with our eyes as it banks further into the city.

“A little later, we need to talk about getting a ride like that,” I whispered.

“What happened to a time and place?”I shoot him a grin. “I’ll add it to the list.”

We finally make it to Michelle’s. It’s a tiny, 24-hour breakfast diner tucked into the corner of 24th and Old Main Street. We pass through the doors and grab our usual booth. A haggard looking woman passes us and asks us if we would like the usual. We both nod and she scurries off to the kitchen.

I absentmindedly pick at my waffles as Paul talks. “…and the eye design isn’t coming along quite as fast as we hoped. Then, there’s the… Are you listening to me? Jack! Are you listening to me?”

I shook my head, “Sorry, Paul, I got lost in thought.”

“Do I need to ask?”

“I was just wondering where he was going.”

“Who?”

“Batman. What crime was he after? Who was he stopping?”

“Think about it later. Your hero worship is cutting into valuable time. Our bosses want some new prototypes soon. Prosthetics is a dying field when they can grow new tissue in a test tube. It won’t be long until they break through the legislation keeping them from growing entire limbs and organs in cloned bodies to distribute to the needy masses. We have to build something better than just an average human limb or organ.”

“We can build stronger prosthetics, Paul. That’s not the issue. People don’t want to have a bunch of electronics running through their bodies. They want to be natural. We need some kind of an edge. Something more than just brute strength or functionality.”

“You’re saying we need a gimmick.”

“Exactly. What if we integrated entertainment into our prosthetics?”

“What are you talking about?”

“We’re on the final design phases on the eye, right?” Paul nodded. “What if we fiddled with the design a bit? Tweak it out. We’re already sending artificial signals to the brain to allow it to see. What if instead of just allowing the incoming light to program the signal, we allow the user to intercept that signal and put in a custom signal.”

“You’re talking about an extreme virtual reality.”

“Exactly! Think of the video game market. We could design some signal blockers for the other senses as well for a complete immersion. We would just have to implant them on the proper nerves. Then, all we need is a wireless control unit to upload the information to the prosthetics.”

“Isn’t that a bit extreme? Not to mention dangerous.”

“Think of it as cutting edge. Not to mention the more practical applications. We could treat addictions by literally blocking the sensory signals which set off the craving and replacing it with normal signals. We could set off adrenaline in soldiers. Incapacitate criminals by cutting off the signals coming from their brains.”

“Or take over complete control of their bodies if you make it go both ways.”

“Good point. So we put in a fail safe on the consumer design not to allow that.”

“We can run it past the higher ups tomorrow.”

“Let’s not mention the complete body control part, eh?”

“Fair enough.”

“Whose turn is it to pick up the check?”

OOC: There it is again in it's lengthy glory. Asmor, I think I wrote this independent enough of your posts that you can post after it and still be understood. And as for being a hero, I hope to be, Bird Boy. I just don't have any ethics yet like the Bat team. We'll see how I turn out.

5. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

Matthan! Nice job dude! I'm really thankful and appreciative that you wrote all that summary up. Congrats! And I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, "Thanks and a job well done!"

6. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

ooc: Excellent job Matthan. I would correct a few minor things, first that after the fight between Stalker and Batman Stalker was left very injured and now has several prosthetics making him even stronger, more agile, and deadly than before. The whole ordeal has focused his need to hunt and kill "The Great Bat Spirit". Since then Stalker has found himself under government employ until his current debt is repaid (this will all change shortly :D ). Salker also assisted Batman against the Joker, under direct gov't orders, and after the Joker was killed snuck off with the body.

The Joker's body is now in the possession of the gov't.

And if, between this and my last post in thread #2 I didn't drop enough hints about my current plans, well you might just be blind. :D

Oh, and Justice League Dude, by all means take Barbara. :)

I'll probably post something ic tonight.

7. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

Wow, Matthan! :eek: You really paid great attention to all the posts in the previous threads! Great job with the summary, man. I'm impressed! :)

See ya!
    Blight

8. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Yow Matthan! That was great... :eek:

Looks like we may have a new RPG member guys. Since our Max and Dana people have both seemed to "die", BleuUnicorn has PMed me asking if she could have them. So, she should be joining in soon.. :)

I'll post later...

-BB

9. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

Commissioner Barbara Gordon:

I'm in my office when I hear the phone ring. I hear the phone ring. I answer it. "Hello?" I say.
    "Ma'am," an officer says. It's Thompson. "There's a gang of Jokerz with a street pole wrapped around them and a note saying 'Blue Dragon.'."
    "Okay," I say. "I want you to investigate."
    "Yes, Ma'am," he say. I hangs up. Who could do that? Wonder if Bruce knows about the person. What doesn't he know. Well, I'm sure him and Terry will get to it. Still, we need to to do something to ensure by ourselves. After all, we can't alway rely on Batman. Hard to beileve. Forty years ago, I was Batgirl, an ally of Batman. Now, I'm in my father's old spot on the force. Those were the good old days.

10. Mr. Obsession

ooc:
    Yay! Hostages! :D

ic: Ibn

I walk into the medical lab where Grandfather is strapped down, next to him is Ubu. They stop talking as soon as I walk through the door.

"Ahh here comes the conquering hero now." Grandfather sneers.

"Untie him Ubu."

Grandfather sits up slowly, as he gets off the table Ubu reaches to help him. Grandfather waves Ubu off. He's a little wobble around the knees, but otherwise he's fine.

"Good. I was hoping that we could prevent atrophy. I've set up a exercise regiment for you until you can get back to you're old self."

"Grandfather lets out a quite growl, grabs a scalpel from a nearby tray and comes at me. I smile and do nothing. The moment he gets within five inches of my face he freezes, terror, confusion and anger in his eyes. It's obvious that he wants to hack away at my face but he can't. Grandfather's entire body trembles until he drops the scalpel and he falls to his knees. "Why?"

"Because I have no illusions that I'm safe for a minute around you, without precautions. Among the improvements I made to you're new body are several ingrained instincts, you can no more slit my throat than your own."

"There's more than one way to skin a cat Ibn."

"True, which is why if I die, be it natural causes or in any fashion that could conceivably be considered foul play, I have left orders with trusted members of the Society to kill everyone of my enemies. And you, my dear Grandfather, are on the top of that list. You best hope that I decide to remove you from that list before my time is up."

"What happened to your 'leaving family out' ideals?"

"I still have them, it's just my will to live is slightly stronger Grandfather."

"Master." Ubu pipes in.

"Oh yes, as we discussed my friend. Grandfather I hereby assign Ubu to you as your loyal servant, as you did to me once long ago. For his lifetime of service you rewarded him with the rejunivation of the pits and guardianship of myself. In response to the one request that he has ever made while at my side, I now return him to you're serve. Now if you'll excuse me..."

"Where are you going? I'm not happy Ibn."

"No, I suspect you're not. We'll discuss you're place in the world tomorrow. Right now I have to check on Mother's condition and then some calls to make."

"Ibn..."

I ignore him and walk out of the room, leaving Grandfather to stew in his anger.

11. Asmor

Asmor Member

Repost of my last post in thread 2

IC

I stay behind a little while to finish up my coffee while I think about what I just heard.

Could be interesting, maybe I should take a look in their computers while I'm there. At the very least get some ideas.

I spend the rest of the hidden, observing the building. Not too many people work there. I didn't even see any security, they must just call in a squad from the main offices when something happens. Small lab, but should be adequate.

When everyone's left and it seems safe, I sneak in. With the key provided me by glow boy, it's not too hard. He also gave me the security code, so the alarms weren't a problem either.

If I'm gonna be working here, I should probably take care of the surveillence cameras.

After looking around for a while, I finally find the security closet. One of the keys opens it, and I go in to check out the system, and find quite a surprise. Seems someone's already decided to fix it for me. All the cameras are frozen and just showing one particular image. I try panning the cameras, and the image doesn't change. Curious. Someone's trying to hide something.

12. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

Y'know, I betcha if I shouted loud enough, my voice would start to bounce off the walls of this empty thread and continue to do so for about 3 hours, creating the longest echo in history. :p Come on, people! Stop snoring and get over here! Hey, I just realized I haven't written an annoying "Wake up" post like this in a really long time! Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long. :D

See ya!
    Blight

13. Matthan

Matthan Member

A little shorter this time

OOC: I hear you, Blight. I guess everyone is just waiting on the story to really start. Well, I'm pushing the time to night. Everything exciting happens at night anyway. Right? :p

IC: Blue Dragon

Paul and I turn our separate ways as we step out of the diner. We live near each other but he said something about having to pay a bill. I don’t think I’ll ever understand why he doesn’t just automate the little things like bills. He always talks about wanting to know where his money is going. He’ll grow up one of these days though.

Some light from the fading sunset bounces off a parked car and catches me in the eye. As I blink, I shield my eyes and look up to the sky to see the common murky purple color of the sky at dusk. The smog that tends to hang around the city has long ago stolen any natural striking colors from our sunsets. It’s just another reminder of the war that rages for our future.

My mind begins to race as I think about what could be. My hands begin to clench into fists and I can feel the itch. I want to be out there. I need to fight this war. No more standing by and hoping the world turns out ok. I’m finally doing something. My walk picks up more and more until I’m in a light run.

I cover the short distance to my apartment in a few minutes. I step inside and am confronted by the stark emptiness of my loft. My wedding picture still hangs over the couch. The hallway still leads to an unfinished nursery. There are still boxes scattered about from when Paige and I first moved in. We had just gotten the Loft the week before she was murdered. It was going to be our home. Now it feels like a coffin. I walk to the guest bedroom where I’ve been staying for the past months. I haven’t been able to sleep in the same room where she and I slept. A room made for two can be so lonely when there is only one.

I gently seat myself behind my computer and call up the news over the net. My earlier fiasco has quickly faded into the edges of public consciousness as another movie star gains weight. I suppose I shouldn’t have expected to have Batman’s reputation in one little fight with the Jokerz. I just didn’t expect most of the talking heads to think of me as some drug induced fantasy. Repeat showings will show them that error.

An email pops up as I’m about the shut the system down. Apparently, Paul has made it home and found a site online I should check out. I laugh out loud as I open it. Some kid with way too much free time has already made a site about me. He’s got theories on who I am. Scratch that. What I am. An alien in Gotham? The kid has got imagination for sure. At least, I’ve got one fan. Maybe that’s one life I’ve won for this war. I need to get back out there. Heaven knows there are some Jokerz or T’s causing trouble somewhere.

I begin to strip off clothes as I step out of the room. By the time I’ve reached my ladder, my armor has unsheathed itself from my body and I’ve been transformed into the Blue Dragon. We purchased the rooftop along with the loft. It had high walls around it and Paige and I thought the kids could play up here as they grew. I suppose it’s fitting that I start the battle tonight from this playground of lost dreams.

With a quick jump, I’m on top of the wall and over it. I began to move building to building making my way towards Old Town. If I can’t find the enemy there, then I won’t find them anywhere.

OOC: Not earth shattering to be sure, but if anyone wants to join me, I'm on top of Gotham headed for trouble.

~Matthan

14. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

Dana

I sit on my windowsill, looking out at the Gotham sky; it’s really beautiful out tonight—not a cloud in sight . . . or Terry for that matter. How did the summer escape me so quickly? It seems like just yesterday it was the beginning of June. Oh, well, such is life I suppose.

As for Terry, I just don’t get him sometimes. I can’t even recall the last time I saw him. Sometime this past month, I’m sure. Mr. Wayne certainly keeps him on his toes; I don’t know why he puts up with it. People need lives, especially teenagers.

“Maybe I’ll give him a call!” I say to myself. I walk over to the phone and punch in his number, it’s late, but I’m sure he’s home.

The line beeps in my ear. “Busy? Who’s on the phone at this hour?” What else is new . . . I guess it will just have to wait until tomorrow.

Or wait, I’m sure Max knows! She always seems to know what Terry’s up to.

I punch in Max’s number.

#14 Bleu Unicorn, Apr 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2002
  15. Asmor

Asmor Member

OOC

I was gonna post something about that too, but decided not to.

As it is right now, I really can't do a whole lot to my character without advancing the plot a few weeks, so I figured I'd make sure you all got all your stuff out of the way.

Maybe I should take up a second character. Right now my thoughts are all taken up with anime characters (Just bought BESM revised 2nd edition) so I can't really think of a good original character unless Gotham is ready for a transforming mecha or a cat person... And I can't really think of who else I'd be interested in playing but who hasn't been taken already. Oh well.

I'll try to post something, anyways.

IC

I've assembled a few parts to start working on what I can, while I wait for the special stuff I ordered under a pseudonym to come in. I curse to myself as I solder the wrong two wires together, I've never been any good at soldering, hands not steady enough. I suck it back up with a solder pump and try again.

I refill my glass from the "Box-o-booze" I picked up before coming here. It's empty, so I toss the box under a table a few feet away and forget about it.

I won't even be able to test this thing til I get the other stuff, and even then I'm gonna need someone to test it ON. But I can't just sit here and do nothing. I'll just end up going out and getting my self in trouble and slagging this whole thing up.

"DAMNIT!" I yell as I burn myself, then throw the small board and soldering iron down on the tile floor.

Screw this, I've gotta go out and do something, maybe even find someone to help me work on this.

I hide what I've got done in a vent in the security room and then leave the office, resetting the security and locking the door as I leave. Too bad I wasn't so mindful about throwing out my trash as I was about securing the place ...

16. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

Max

A warm breeze blows through my open bedroom window. It’s actually a rather nice evening, not even a cloud in sight. I’m sitting in my room, watching the news over the ‘net. Four Jokerz were found tied up with a light post. How interesting! I wonder who it—

My thoughts are interrupted by the phone ringing. I pick up the phone, “Hello?”

“Max! I’m so glad you’re home!”

“Dana? What’s up?” My heart starts to race; I just know she’s going to ask where Terry is. I’m sure he hasn’t talked with her—since he hasn’t talked with me in over two weeks.

“Well, since you ask. I was wondering if you’ve heard from Terry lately. I haven’t seen him in weeks. He hasn’t called. And his line’s busy right now . . .“ I start tuning her out. Terry, where the heck are you? I think to myself. And what am I supposed to tell Dana, this time?

“Max? Max, are you still there?”

“Oh, yes,” I snap out of my thoughts. “I’m sorry, the news caught my attention.” A slight change of subject might be in order. “Did you hear about the four Jokerz found bound up with the light post?”

“What? You’re kidding? Was it Batman?”

“No, apparently, one of the Jokerz was mumbling something about blue dragons, I’m not really sure—you called right when it came on.”

“Oh.” She pauses, and I visibly flinch. “Well, anyway, you never answered my question. Do you have any idea where Terry has been lately?”

“Honestly? Absolutely none.” There is dead silence on the other end of the phone, so I continue. “I haven’t seen him in almost two weeks, Dana. And even then, it was for only a moment.”

“I don’t get him sometimes. What is his problem. . .“ She continues to rant; to no one in particular, I’m sure. But I can’t help but feel sorry for her. It’s not her fault she has to be dating Batman, but regardless, I don’t have a clue what to tell her. For once, even I don’t know what’s going on with Terry.

Luck seems to be on my side, as I hear the doorbell ring, “Uh, Dana, I have to jet, someone’s at the door.” I say a hasty good-bye and all but hang up on her mid-sentence. Oh, well, she can yell at me later.

I run to the door, halfway hoping that Terry will be on the other side so I can tell him how much of a jerk he is for not bothering to call either Dana or I. I open the door and am greeted by. . . .

#16 Bleu Unicorn, Apr 11, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2002
  17. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: Since it's pushed to the next day, I guess we (Bruce, Terry, Dick and Katharina) can go back.. :)

IC: (Bruce)

Terry and Katharina finish packing the supplies we need for tonight.

"Reports have that Talia hasn't waken up yet" Dick says, turning around in the bat-computer chair.

I look up from the table and flip over the saudering goggles. "Good. Then we won't have any trouble getting her out"

"Out!?" I hear Terry say from across the cave.

"I don't want her in any danger. With Ibn and Ra's around, I don't know what they'll do"

"Ibn's her SON! What can he do to her?"

I stare at Terry and he shakes his head "Of course, you and those weirods you've dealt with.."

I turn back to Dick who's having a chuckle over this.

"All right. Everyone ready?" I say.

They all nod. Terry throws the bag into the bat-mobile and hops on the bike. Katharina hops on and puts her arms around his torso. He revs the bike and they zoom out of the cave.

Dick and I climb into the bat-mobile and the shield covers our heads.

"You should really get more room in this thing" he says, trying to sit down.

"It was made when only one was still in the cave. I didn't anticipate anyone else coming back, or finding out"

The rest of the ride is quiet, until Terry's voice comes over the speaker.

"Hey, what's taking you old farts so long? We're at the building already!"

"Then suit up. And make sure your stealth battery is charged. We don't want to set off any alarms. Dick and I will be behind the building waiting. When you find Talia, let me know. I'll send for the other batmobile"

"Right boss". I hear a un-zipping of his back pack, and Batman's voice comes over the speaker. "We're going in"

END.

OOC: take it away Shriek.. :)

-BB

18. Matthan

Matthan Member

There isn't a problem

OOC: There doesn't have to be a problem Bird Boy. I saw the batmobile headed to pick you guys up as I was walking to the diner. So all we have done is moved your mission to a stealth night mission. All of the posts fit along fine. I'm moving towards Old Town while you guys head towards Ibn. Max is opening the door at the same time as Spellbinder cleans up and leaves.

~Matthan

19. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

We drive down the Gotham street heading towards the Tower. "We need to get in and out without being seen. But the only question is.. How do we get in?"

"Well it's probably locked down like a fortress." Katharina says.

"I've got an idea. I"m gonna crash the bike through the front window and enter that way."

"Are you sure?" Kat asks.

"Activate your cloaking device. As soon as we get in, run and find Talia. Got It?"

"Yes." She answers. She turns on the device.

I activate mine and fllick my wrist and the bikes back wheel begins to spin as we dart forward towards the building.

"Hang on!" I shout as the bike hits the front steps and launches through the window. The glass shatters and flies everywhere possible.

The bike lands and falls and skids into the elevator crashing the elevator door open.

"So much for a stealth mission. Go Find Talia. She's on the 30th floor." I order.

"Where are you going?" Kat asks.

"To teach an old man a lesson." I say coldly. I walk over to the broken elevator door and jump into the shaft. Before I fall a few feet I activate the rockets and blast up the shaft.

When I reach my destination I turn off the rockets and grab the elevator door. I pry the door open with my hands and walk onto the floor.

I instantly grab the wall and begin walking against it quietly.

"Shut up! I said FOOD! I don't want this garbage!" A voice said.

That's got to be Ra's. I walk over to the door of the room. I place my right index finger and middle finger on the door and listen for heart beats.

Only two people including Ra's. I deactivate the stealth and run into the room with fists in air.

I look at the small Ra's and then to Ubu.

"Uhh.. Hi Ubu...." I say slow and scared.

20. Mr. Obsession

Ibn

"Sir, we have intruders in the North Tower."

"Very well, have Miss Ford meet me on the 30th. I'll be there momentarily."

I switch back to the other line. "Sorry to keep you on hold, I know you're time is valuable."

"I understand perfectly, interruptions are sadly unavoidable. If what offer is as you claim we will most certainly have a deal. I'll be there at 9 tomorrow morning."

"Excellent". As I hang up the phone I access my desk terminal. So far only two, one's moving to the underground labs, the other's heading up. It's a gamble, but I'll bet the one downstairs is Batman, I hope I'm right, it's time we come to an understanding.

----

As I step out of the elevator on the 30th I find Alisha waiting for me, she's in costume.

"How many Ibn?"

"Two, for now. I want you to go to my mother's room and stand guard."

"Guard? But I can do more than that."

"I know you can, but I need someone I can trust there. Someone who will follow my orders to the letter."

"And those would be?"

"If any intruder tries to remove my mother, kill them. Kill them painfully. And make it creative."

She smiles. "And if it's you're father?"

"If my Father is foolish enough to come up here keep him away from her, and try not to hurt him too badly. But my offer still stands, kill him and you will die."

"Understood."

"Good." I press the button and the elevator doors open. "And Alisha."

"Yes."

"Tomorrow, remind me to invest in some better security."

Stepping inside the elevator I access the control panel, after entering my access code the decent to the lower labs begins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.