1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Batman Beyond RPG: Part 2 (Continued in Part 3)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Nightwing, Sep 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

"Kat you take the guy! Watch those staffs though because they hurt. I've gotta help Dick!"

"Oh sure! He gets to play the hero. That's fair." Just then the guard runs at me. I roll my eyes. Are those stupid little sticks supposed to scare me? HA!

I jump in the air and spin my leg outstretched, the staff goes flying across the room. I land easily and flip backward onto my hands my feet connecting with the guards chin. I finish the back handspring as the guard gets up. I send two fingers into his throat then bring his head down to meet my knee. He falls.

I run up behind Terry and Dick. "Are you ok?" I ask Dick.

Terry is helping him up. I see Nightwing lying on the floor unconscious. And here I thought I had taken care of her. Ah well. It's not important.

2. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

Derek Powers

IC: I watch this Spellbinder character closely. He seems genuine about his offers, but it's impossible to tell when he's wearing a mask. I normally woulden't make deals with his sort, but with what he's offering me...

"So what lab are you going to assign me to?" Spellbinder asks impatiently, jerking me back to reality.

"Here" I say, handing him a digital map, "You can use the lab circled on the map. It's an unused abandoned location, so you're unlikely to be disturbed. I suggest you only use it after hours however, as you could be seen in daylight. And make sure you tell me when your device is complete. I want to make it known that I'm back in charge of this company as quickly as possible".

"Very well. Nice doing buisness with you" he says as he gives me a little bow. He then turns and walks out the door.

OOC: Oh, it feels good to have a secret plot! :D This reminds me of the old Joker days! By the way, you were right about the video monitor thing Asmor, so I'm going to go back and edit my post after I post this.

See ya!
    Blight

3. Asmor

Asmor Member

IC

It's been a long time coming, but finally, it's all within my reach.

With the things available to me in this lab, I can finally complete it... my dream... my ultimate weapon.

It only takes a matter of days. That clueless moron Blight thinks I'm working on a ray that will turn him into a cat so he can sneak into warehouses and offices to steal inductrial secrets, but he's wrong, dead wrong.

Or maybe just dead.

With a maniacal cackle, I press the button on the now restored ancinet nuclear bomb I discovered while hanging out with Jokerz.

The better part of Gotham goes up in a mushroom cloud.

OOC:

Anyone know what today is? I can't seem to remember the date for the life of me...

4. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

:eek:

Wait?! You can't just blow up half of Gotham... can you?

5. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

OOC: I'm not too crazy about that idea myself...

6. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

*cough* Read that last part of his post again:

I think it was a Joke....

anyway. I wanted to let you guys know, no I'm NOT dead. Just been busy of late. But, I'm off this week. Expect some posts by yours truely.. :)

-BB

7. Asmor

Asmor Member

Yep, it was an april fools joke. :p :D

8. Blight

LOL!!! That was great! I think o'l Spellbindey's taken a bit too much medication. :p The day Blight agrees to be turned into a cat is the day he becomes my LEAST favorite character.

See ya!
    Blight

9. Mr. Obsession

:eek: :eek: :eek:

...I'll just wait to post something IC until Trent, B_B, or Shriek does...

10. Blight

Paxton Powers

IC: I continue to sit in my cell, feeling as depressed as ever, when I see my father approaching. Only he is not the same person I saw only yesterday. His plan was obviously sucessful as he now has his skin back!

I stare up at him in horror as he smirks at me. "You see, son?" he says, "Everything I told you was correct, and I now have my skin back in its proper place. I was also correct when I said you will pay for your betrayel. You see, after I announce my return, I plan to publicly humiliate you in every way I can think of, and then, once I've had you tortured for a while, I'll kill you. It's as simple as that"

I continue to stare up at him in shock, before it quickly turns to anger, "You'll never get away with this! No one will believe you, everyone will know you're a big fat fraud!"

The smile vanishes from my father's face. He snarls and reaches through the bars and pulls me toward him.

"I suggest you hold your tongue from now on" he snarls into my face, "Just remember, I can still turn you into a pile of ash whenever I wish". He lets go and I stumble onto the floor. He smiles again, "Besides, I can assure you my plan will work, as I now have extra help from a new friend". He starts to walk away.

"What are you talking about? What friend?!" I shout as I get to my feet.

"Keep wondering. You'll find out eventually" he says as he dissapears into the next room.

See ya!
    Blight

11. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: Oh come on Blight... cats are cute.. :D

IC:

"I'm only trying to take back what was stolen from me so long ago Father."

I stare at him.

"Sir"

"What is it?" Ibn snaps

"We've lost Mr. McGinnis."

Ibn stares at the guard. "Then go find him" he says.

"Uh, sir..we've tri--"

I slip around the corner and walk down the hall as fast as I can. This would be alot easier if I could run.

"Do it....NOW" Ibn shouts

"Yes sir,right away sir!" I hear the guard answer.

"Father?"

I slip into a closet.

"You can't hide father..."

I look through a slight crack in the door and see Ibn outside it. He's standing in front of the door. I hate to do this.

I stand back and kick the door. The wind is knocked out of me as the door falls off it's hinges and Ibn falls back un-conscious.

I try to keep breathing. That took every bit of energy out of me. Terry appears in the door way.

"Wayne!"

"Lets get out of here"

"What? We can't leave now!"

"We'll be back before either Ra's and....Talia awaken"

Terry looks down the hall and Katharina comes around the corner, carrying Dick.

Terry takes out a little beeper and presses the button.

"The batmobile will be here any minute. We can't all fit in it though."

"Dick and I will go in it" I say. I flip up the top of my cane and a button appears.I press it. "You two can take the cycle"

"We'll regroup at the cave and decide what to do from there. We have very little time"

END.

OOC: hope that's OK. Don't worry Mr. O, we'll be back.. :)

-BB

12. Asmor

Asmor Member

Hey, long time no post. I delayed posting to give the other peeps a chance to advance themselves. Anywhoo...

Spellbinder

I decide to go check out the lab at the address Derek gave me. For an abandoned lab, it doesn't seem abandoned. There's a couple cars parked outside, and just now I saw two people leaving, I guess for a lunch break. I don't think anything of it and just chalk it up to stuff changing while he was out of the picture. Won't matter, I'll only be there at night, noone'll ever know I'm there.

Nothing better to do, so I decide to change into plain clothes and go follow them. I've changed my hair to blond, and put on a couple extra muscles, so if you didn't know me well before you probably wouldn't recognize my new alter ego.

They stop at an all day breakfast place, Michelle's. Not a dump, but not terribly fancy either. I go in and get seated not too far from them, so I order some eggs and discreetly set up a small directional microphone that should let me hear them. Hopefully I'll learn something about the lab, and who else works there.

13. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

The batcycle? Sweet. I've only driven that bad boy once. This will be cool.

"Kat let's get them to the roof then. The batmobile should be here by now." I order.

We all begin cautiously walking to the elevator.

"Roof." Wayne says.

The elevator quickly moves to the roof top. The doors open only to reveal 6 armed guards surrounding the batmobile.

"That's not good." Dick says faintly.

"Ah well! Hey Dregs!" Kat shouts as she charges them full fists in air.

14. Mr. Obsession

Ibn

"Sir!"

"Uhhh..." I start to come to, a guard kneeling over me with a concerned look on his face.

"Are you all right sir?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I underestimated Father. Where are they now?"

"On roof 3." He puts a hand to his ear. "They've engaged the guards... two are down... the other four have taken cover and are keeping the intruders under fire and away from their escape vehicle."

"What!?" I pull out a small communicator which connects me directly to security. "This is Ibn. Pull back the security on roof 3."

"Sir?" comes the reply.

"Do it! Let the intruders go. And so help me, if any harm has come to my Father every fifth man in your division will die."

"Yes sir! The guards are retreating now. Orders?"

"Just let them go, and lock down the towers."

"By your command."

This night certainly could have gone better. As I stand up I see Alisha standing in the doorway, her suit ripped in several places and her mask gone.

"They humiliated me Ibn."

"I know. You, and I, will have our revenge but not tonight."

"I will kill them all."

"All but the boy, I want his sprit broken first. And of course no harm is to come to Father."

"Of course."

"I mean it Alisha. Anything we do, Father must be kept out of it. Being family gives him immunity."

"Ibn..."

"We'll discuss this later. I've got some things to attend to. And some favors to call in. I intend to give you some more training, from someone who has dealt with Batman personally."

"Why later? Why not now? You had them..."

"I let them go because I was feeling generous, and I got what I wanted in the first place. Besides Father..."

"Not dealing with him along with the rest of them is a mistake."

"It's my mistake to make."

"And who say's I need more training?"

"I do. Now as I just said, we will discuss this later. Right now I have some other family members to check on."

With that I cut off the conversation and walk out of the room.

Edit: Ok, I'm basically done with my story, and the Blight/Spellbinder one is starting up. I'm I the only one who thinks that this would be a good time to start up a new thread? BB RPG: Part 3 anyone?

#394 Mr. Obsession, Apr 4, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2002
  15. Asmor

Asmor Member

OOC:

I was thinking the same thing.

16. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

"They're Leaving!" Kat shouts. "Cowards!"

"Katharina. Settle down now! Ibn probably told them to fall back." Bruce says.

I walk over to the ledge of the building. I stare down to the bottom of the street and see a small vehicle whipping the corners and parks outside the entrance.

"Batcycle is here!" I shout excitedly.

"How are we supposed to get down there? Ibn's guards do not like us." Kat says.

Dick and Bruce enter the Batmobile. "Hang onto the Batmobile. We'll bring you down." Dick says.

I can't believe he was one of the Robins. He is so smart. That must be why he became Nightwing.

I climb onto the Batmobile and hang onto a strap from the inside of the cock pit. Katharina does the same thing.

The Batmobile slowly rises and we descend to the ground with the cockpit open.

"Nice and steady please Bruce. I don't want to fall." I joke.

We reach the ground in about 2 minutes. I jump from 6 feet and land next to the cycle. I hop onto the bike.

I start the engine and start reving it up. Kat jumps on the back and we blast off towards the batcave.

17. Matthan

Matthan Member

Here's another long one

OOC: I'm up for a new thread. Asmor and I might not feel like such the newcomers then. Oh and Asmor, I wasn't sure about the time of day in regards to the rest of the story so I tried to write this as time neutral.

IC:

The elevator comes to a halt on the ground floor. Paul and I step out and flash our ID badges at a lady behind a desk. She is a short, oriental woman with her dark hair pulled into a sharp bun behind her head. She glances towards us and we let our badges drop around our necks.

Paul speaks up, “Sorry, Margaret, Jack and I need a bite to eat. We’re headed over to Michelle’s. Do you want anything?”

A smile crosses her face showcasing the wrinkles that she desperately tries to hide. “No, that’s fine. My shift is winding up in a few minutes anyway. You two just take care of yourselves.”

“We will, Margaret. See you tomorrow.”

We step out and leave the vehicle in the lot. Michelle’s isn’t a long walk and today I feel safe on the streets. Paul silently falls in beside me. The Police are just wrapping up with the Jokerz and the light pole problem. We silently walk to the other side of the street to avoid the onlookers. I can’t help but smile as I see them lift the twisted light pole into a harness to be lifted and carted off.

“You know, maybe that wasn’t the best way to introduce yourself. A bit to in your face, isn’t it?”

I glare at Paul, “This isn’t the time or place, Paul. Save it for when we’re alone.”

He opens his mouth to retort when we hear it coming. The symbol of justice for Gotham City soars through the sky streaming past us. We follow the bat mobile with our eyes as it banks further into the city.

“A little later, we need to talk about getting a ride like that,” I whispered.

“What happened to a time and place?” I shoot him a grin in response. He sighs. “I’ll add it to the list.”

We finally make it to Michelle’s. It’s a tiny, 24-hour breakfast diner tucked into the corner of 24th and Old Main Street. We pass through the doors and grab our usual booth. A haggard looking woman passes us and asks us if we would like the usual. We both nod and she scurries off to the kitchen.

I absentmindedly pick at my waffles as Paul talks.

“…and the eye design isn’t coming along quite as fast as we hoped. Then, there’s the… Are you listening to me? Jack! Are you listening to me?”

I shook my head, “Sorry, Paul, I got lost in thought.”

“Do I need to ask?”

“I was just wondering where he was going.”

“Who?”

“Batman. What crime was he after? Who was he stopping?”

“Think about it later. Your hero worship is cutting into valuable time. Our bosses want some new prototypes soon. Prosthetics is a dying field when they can grow new tissue in a test tube. It won’t be long until they break through the legislation keeping them from growing entire limbs and organs in cloned bodies to distribute to the needy masses. We have to build something better than just an average human limb or organ.”

“We can build stronger prosthetics, Paul. That’s not the issue. People don’t want to have a bunch of electronics running through their bodies. They want to be natural. We need some kind of an edge. Something more than just brute strength or functionality.”

“You're saying we need a gimmick.”

“Exactly. What if we integrated entertainment into our prosthetics?”

“What are you talking about?”

“We’re on the final design phases on the eye, right?” Paul nodded. “What if we fiddled with the design a bit? Tweak it out. We’re already sending artificial signals to the brain to allow it to see. What if instead of just allowing the incoming light to program the signal, we allow the user to intercept that signal and put in a custom signal.”

“You’re talking about an extreme virtual reality.”

“Exactly! Think of the video game market. We could design some signal blockers for the other senses as well for a complete immersion. We would just have to implant them on the proper nerves. Then, all we need is a wireless control unit to upload the information to the prosthetics.”

“Isn’t that a bit extreme? Not to mention dangerous.”

“Think of it as cutting edge. Not to mention the more practical applications. We could treat addictions by literally blocking the sensory signals which set off the craving and replacing it with normal signals. We could set off adrenaline in soldiers. Incapacitate criminals by cutting off the signals coming from their brains.”

“Or take over complete control of their bodies if you make it go both ways.”

“Good point. So we put in a fail safe on the consumer design not to allow that.”

“We can run it past the higher ups tomorrow.”

“Let’s not mention the complete body control part, eh?”

“Fair enough.”

“Whose turn is it to pick up the check?”

18. Asmor

Asmor Member

IC

I stay behind a little while to finish up my coffee while I think about what I just heard.

Could be interesting, maybe I should take a look in their computers while I'm there. At the very least get some ideas.

I spend the rest of the hidden, observing the building. Not too many people work there. I didn't even see any security, they must just call in a squad from the main offices when something happens. Small lab, but should be adequate.

When everyone's left and it seems safe, I sneak in. With the key provided me by glow boy, it's not too hard. He also gave me the security code, so the alarms weren't a problem either.

If I'm gonna be working here, I should probably take care of the surveillence cameras.

After looking around for a while, I finally find the security closet. One of the keys opens it, and I go in to check out the system, and find quite a surprise. Seems someone's already decided to fix it for me. All the cameras are frozen and just showing one particular image. I try panning the cameras, and the image doesn't change. Curious. Someone's trying to hide something.

19. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

All right. I'll lock this thread and start a new one. Feel free to repost what you guys posted in here in the new one Matthan and Asmor..

-BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.