1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Batman Beyond RPG: Part 2 (Continued in Part 3)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Nightwing, Sep 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

ooc: woo hoo! ummm.... I'm gonna write the fight scene that's cool right? ack.. if its not let me know. here goes....

ic:

Automatically I slide into a fighting position as Nightwing jumps down in front of me. I send my foot flying toward her face. She catches it and spins me toward the ground. I plant my hands on the ground and push my feet into her chest. She staggers back slightly but regains her balance quickly.

Were I able to, I would be fearing for my life right now. Fortunately, I can't and instead get another rush of adrenaline as Nightwing rushes toward me. I drop down and flip her over my shoulder and into the old batmobile. As she races at me again I step back on my right foot and spin to my left with a quick kung fu move which wrenched Nightwing's arm, painfully.

Nightwing spins and sends her leg into my stomach knocking the air out of me. As I struggle to regain my breath Nightwing sends her fist flying into my face. As she comes again with the other fist I catch it, spin and hurl her over my shoulder.

I back up slightly so she'll have to run at me, sparing me a few seconds to regain my breath and come up with a strategy. Nightwing is good, I hadn't anticipated that.

She gets up and comes at me and I spin in a roundhouse kick that connects with her face. I spin and plant my hand into her throat. Not as hard as I would have liked, she's still breathing.

I'm starting to get tired, it's bovious and Nightwing notices it too. The adrenaline surge from earlier is wearing down. I have to finish this or she'll finish me. I step back and stand in a kung fu position. Nightwing rushes toward me and I rise onto the ball of my foot and raise my legs and it comes in contact with her throat and she crashes down.

I f she gets up or not I don't know as I collapse then from exhaustion and lack of adrenaline. Hopefully she's done for because if not, I'm as good as dead right now.

ooc: dang.... i suck at this... foo...

2. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

ooc: Nah, you don't suck at this. In fact you're getting better.

Nightwing

She can fight. I underestimated her. Well time to show the world what I can do. Raising my legs and using my arms to provide momentum I leap to my feat.

"Not bad girl. Not bad at all." I say to the obviously exhausted and slumped figure kneeling on the ground, my voice coming out scratchy and raw. "That last kick hurt more than you can imagine." I start walking towards her. "I'm going to have to fix that."

She looks up at me, fear strangely absent from her eyes. And somewhere, deep inside that scares me. "Well I will say that someone did teach you how to fight, but it obviously wasn't Dick. You lack his flare."

Suddenly a Batarang comes out of nowhere and sticks in the ground in front of my feet.

"That's enough Alisha."

"Speak of the Devil. Either that was a warning or your age is catching up to you. How have you been Dick?"

"I'll be better once I've removed the mantle from you."

"Why? So you can give it to her? Please. You'll have to kill me first. Not only do my youth and this suit make me more of a match for the both of you, you've already taught me everything you know."

"Not quite." He says with a smile.

ooc: Well that parts open for either Batgirl or Trent to continue, and I've got to wait for either Shriek or Bird_Boy to continue where I left off with Ibn. Guess I'll just have to wait in the corner until somebody posts something. ;)

3. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Dick Grayson

I stand over the fallen combatants. Nightwing starts to get up, and I kick her side.

"Stay down, you'll feel a lot better," I say. I hear a moaning sound from the ledge where Nightwing had sprung from. I climb up onto some boxes and find a beaten Samuri laying there. I pull him towards me and lower him to the ground. "What happened to you?"

"I saw w-what they had in there." He points to the main towers. "No good will come from it. The girl hit me from behind. I had no chance. Y-you must stop them..." He passed out and fell to the ground. Katharina was still out as well. Looks like it's up to you, I said to myself. I go to the Batmobile, grab a pack, and head into the building, not knowing exactly what was ahead of me...

4. Mr. Obsession

ooc: Uhh Trent? Was your last post suppose to come before or after my last post? :confused:

5. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

ooc: i'm not trent but I do believe the answer to that would be after. But either way I'm going to continue on. 'cause it works.... It could go either way. So... for the fact that I'm bored I'm going to say after.

ic:

I'm starting to get my strength back... slowly. I'm not quite as recovered as I would have hoped for, but I can get up. Out of the corner of my eye I see Dick head toward the building. I struggle to stand up and see Nightwing doing the same. I'm still extremely dizzy though. I shake my head trying to clear up my mind.

Her foot lands in my stomach suddenly, catching me off guard.

"I was right before." I hear her say, her voice gravelly, "Dick didn't train you." She sends her leg toward my face again but this time I catch it. I twist her to face the ground and throw her down face first.

I grab her arms and kneel on top of her digging my kneee into her spine. I push her arms toward her head and keep my leg in her spine.

"You're not completely right." I growl menacingly. "Dick wasn't the only one to train me." I force Nightwing's arms up a bit further. "Most of my training is from the original Batman." I lift and jab my knee into her back again. Part of that training is that I don't kill."

I jump off of her and let her stand up. As she come at me again I flip backward on to my hands and scissor my legs so one leg is on either side of her neck. I throw her over and into the ground head first.

"'Course it's not my fault if you die in a hospital." I mutter.

On a whim I take the mask from her face and position it on mine I sit down over by the Samurai to regain my strength and assess injuries.

6. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

Whooh! I love how this is moving along! And great twist, Mr. O, I have to admit I didn't see it coming! I wish I could be more involved, but that's what happens when you're too stubborn to take the part of anyone who isn't a psycho clown or a walking radioactive bio-hazard. :rolleyes: Well, that's just my love for maniacal villians! :D Anyways' I have my own big story with Blight and Paxton coming up (as you people already know) after Mr. O's story, so I should be (hopefully) more involved!

See ya!
    Blight

7. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

OOC:

Guys, I would post. But I am totally lost. I don't know where any character is. Please fill me in. Thanks

8. Mr. Obsession

ooc: I'd be glad to, if you could only help me out and remind me where we were when you took your temporary leave of absence.

9. Shriek

I just need to know where all characters are right now in the play. And does Bruce know that Ibn is evil? And do we all knowwhat's in the grave?

10. Blight

Well, I'm not sure exactly where everyone else is, but Paxton Powers and Blight (my characters) are in a Wayne Enterprises facility, where hot head is currently devising a secret plot to permanently get his skin back, except when he wants to shed it of course.

See ya!
    Blight

11. Mr. Obsession

OOC:
    Ok, Bruce and Terry (not in the suit out of his own choice, and yes Ibn knows basically everything Ra's knew) are with Ibn in his underground lab facility beneath what I call "The Towers". Ibn inherited The Towers (a four block area in an older section of Gotham complete with four skyscrapers) when Ra's passed on.

As of the episode "Out of the Past" we know that Ra's transferred his mind into Talia's body. At some midpoint in this thread Ra's/Talia was killed. That body was in the coffin and Ibn plans to resurrect that body, using a artificial Lazarus pit, for his own purposes.

And Ibn's not evil he's sort of in a shade of gray. ;)

Hope that brings you up to date.

12. Shriek

That's perfect. I'lll post once some more people do.

13. Mr. Obsession

ooc:

*zaps thread with a home made cattle prod until it blows up and burns his hand*

OUCH! :D

Come on people post something, for once the lull isn't my fault and I'm not about to let someone else have that honor. :p ;) I mean really, I'm kind of stuck waiting for either Bird_Boy or Shriek to post, or I would have done so already. :(

Now somebody better post something soon or I'm going to bring the Stalker out of temporary retirement only to go on a murderous rampage and then declare myself the winner. You don't want that now do you? :) The fate of this RPG is now in your hands. DUN DUN DUNNNN!

:D

14. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: I don't know what to post..lol. I'm sorta waiting for Shriek to post....

But, here's a little somthing...

IC (Wayne):

"What is that doing here Ibn?!" I ask

Ibn smiles at me.

"Why did you bring me here Ibn?"

Terry moves closer to my side.

END.

OOC: I meant it when I said little.. :p

-BB

15. Shriek

I stand next to Wayne.

"Your a mad man Ibn! You can't bring your father back from the dead!" I shout.

I dive at Ibn in anger and punch him with my left fist. Before I can even hit him again I am grabbed by a guard.

"Keep an eye on him! Kill him if you must. He isn't needed anymore." Ibn orders.

The large guard drags me into the corner of the room.

OOC: Sorry, I'm just posting.

16. Mr. Obsession

Ibn

"I would highly suggest that you keep that temper of yours in check boy." I say glaring at Terry. "Grandfather made the mistake of underestimating you. Twice. Ultimately it lead to his demise. Mark my words, I will not do the same. Now just sit there and be quiet. I only brought you along to reassure Father that I have no intentions to harm him, much the same as I have for you. Please do not make me rectify this."

I turn back to Father. "Please forgive me, I am growing quite impatient as of late, what with everything I've been trying to accomplish. Now to answer your last two questions. First the machine was brought here for study. Why? You'll find out very shortly. And no it will not be used on you or your temperamental help. As for why I brought you here, well I thought you'd be most interested in the end results."

"And those are?"

"In but a moment Father."

At that moment to lab aids wheel in a corpse strapped to a mobile surgical table. The stench fills the room.

"Ah good" I say, "you've finished sewing it back together ahead of schedule. Excellent. Now put it in the pit."

The lab aids attach a harness to the table and release the top from the support legs. The body is lifted into the air and slowly descends into the artificial pit.

We wait a minute and nothing happens. Another minute passes and I can feel Terry's smirking behind me. Finally, after five minutes an air bubble breaks the surface, followed by another, and another. My excitement rises suddenly everyone's attention is on a hand reaching up out of the pit. A normal, healthy hand, from an individual that is most defiantly alive.

ooc: I WILL post some more, either tomorrow (wait is tomorrow :rolleyes: ) or Sunday.

17. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Dick Grayson

I get in the building and start to find the way to the room Samuri had spoken of. I weave in and out of many hallways and finally come to a door that looked promising. As I was about to open it, someone grabbed me from behind.

"Hold it right there!" A guard. He reached for his weapon but something hit him from behind and he slumped to the ground. Katharina walked up from behind him.

"Think I'd let you have all the fun?" she smirked. I looked at her with a smile, but it quickly faded away.

"Fun doesn't describe this. Keep on your toes, there's no telling what's on the other side of this door. I cracked it open and looked in. There was a huge green pool in the center of this room. Bruce and Terry were in there wiht Ibn. I looked at the pool and saw bubbles coming to the surface, followed by a hand. "Oh no..."

OOC: I'm waiting for Mr. O to go before I take it any further...

18. Matthan

Matthan Member

first ever post

ooc: I wanted to introduce myself to make sure I would be through my origin in time for the next story arc. I hope you all don't mind. My character should explain himself in the post, and after this storyline ends, I'll follow up with the next part. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see how this ends. This will be a long post. I hope you guys can forgive me, I'm wordy.

IC: I’m currently in one of the sub-basements of the Wayne-Powers Enterprises research facility that I work in. I’m in the lab that I share with my old college friend, Paul Sanders. My name is Jack Cross.

“It’s no use, Paul. You can’t talk me out of this,” I say.

“Listen, Jack, she’s gone. You have to let her go. Doing this could be suicide!”

I simply start to shake my head at him, “You still don’t get it do you? I died that night three months ago. Paige and I were walking home. We hadn’t done anything wrong, Paul. Nothing wrong! We had heard the reports that Big Time had been spotted, but we thought we were immortal, Paul. Nothing could happen to us. We were newly married and were expecting our first child. Our life was perfect,”

I get cut off as Paul interrupts, “I know the story, Jack. You’ve told me before.”

“Then you need to hear it again!,” I shout at him. I take a breath and continue, “Big Time came out of nowhere and grabbed us both. He said he needed a few creds before his next big job and that we had been elected to help him out. I was an idiot. I had practiced my whole life in the martial arts and my attacks meant nothing to him. I wasn’t strong enough. He slapped me against a wall. He must have thought I was dead because he just left me there. Then, he grabbed Paige,” I can feel the tears start to sting my eyes as I remember but I continue on.

“I can remember hearing his voice as I watched through my blood covered eyes. He said that since I had been so disrespectful, he would take it out on her. He raped her, Paul! Right in front of me, as I lay on the brink of unconsciousness, he raped my pregnant wife! He kept abusing her body until she had died from his brutal attack. He then dropped her and simply walked away. He didn’t even have a shred of remorse!”

“Jack, Big Time was caught. You were found and we got you back to good health. Big Time is in jail now. He’s paying for his crimes. You can’t do anything now.”

“You still don’t get it. This is about more than just one punk kid who got super strong. This is about the whole city who let these kids grow up like this. I’m not willing to sit back and hope the politicians fix things for the next generation. I have to make sure no one else loses someone they love now. Gangs rule the streets. Super powered villains show up every couple of days. Blight alone has shown up countless times in the past two months to terrorize Gotham. Let’s not even mention Joker showing up again or that Watt kid breaking out and terrorizing the public. We’ve gotten lucky with Batman being around. He’s not enough. This is a war now, Paul. We need soldiers and I’ve been drafted whether I wanted to be or not. I can’t let anyone else go through what I went through. I need your help, Paul. You’re the only one I can trust to do the surgery. We developed this suit together, Paul. You know everything inside and out. Help me save lives, Paul. Help me fight for the memory of my wife and unborn child. Please, Paul.”

I hold my breath as I wait for his response. I silently pray as his mouth begins to open.

“You could just use it as an exo suit. That was the original design. We designed it with the alloy we created. It’s light and as strong as metals twice it’s weight. The design folds up into a compact form...”

I cut him off, “Paul, I need it with me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You know I can’t lug around a suit like that with me everywhere. It doesn’t matter how light we made it. The fact that it compacts only helps my case. That’s exactly why it will fit and will work.”

“I know, but this is still radical. We designed this for the company. What if they find out? Besides that, I’m not sure if you’ll ever be able to effectively reverse the process.”

I can tell he’s grasping for straws. I calmly answer his random objections, “I know what I’m giving up, Paul. My life was lost to me on that warm night three months ago. The company doesn’t matter. We’ve ordered the parts bit by bit over the last three months as we’ve built this design. They all think that we are still working on better prosthetics. They have no idea what we’ve actually built and will never know about the suit. I have to do this. Come on, Paul. Help me help others.”

His face changes as he begins to accept what I’ve decided. “Have you been taking the gene therapy?”

I say to him, “Yeah, my natural attributes are at their human maximum.”

“You know the government looks at that the same way they do splicing.”

“I know, but I needed it to survive the surgery. It was necessary. I’m not any happier about breaking the law than you are, Paul, but it’ll also make me tougher, faster, and stronger in battle. I need as much of an edge as possible against the new breed of criminals appearing.”

“The suit will do all of that for you too. You’ll be a force to be reckoned with both of those factors together that’s for sure. Go get on the table. I’ll prep the surgical supplies.”

“Wait there’s one last thing. I need something added to the suit.”

“What’s that?”

I reach into my pocket and retrieve the medallion I always carry there. “I need this symbol put on the chest.”

The medallion is a small gold coin, really. It fits into the palm of my hand. It has a colored blue outline of a dragon’s head on one side. The other side has an engraved message that is still painful for me to remember. It’s a message from my wife telling me that she’ll always love me.

He takes the medallion from me, “A blue dragon head? Why?”

“I always liked dragons. Paige gave that to me on our first wedding anniversary. She said it would be my guardian when she wasn’t there to protect me.”

Paul nods his head in understanding. “You’ve got it. I can work the symbol onto the chest area. Since you won’t be able to really carry this around anymore, I can work it into the suit itself if you want.”

“That would be great. Put the symbol on the chest, Put the medallion on the helmet. That way it can still watch over me.”

“You’ve got it, Jack.”

“Thanks, Paul. I won’t let you down.”

“I know, Jack. Now just rest,” it was the last thing I heard as the needle penetrated my skin and put me to sleep.

19. Mr. Obsession

ooc: :eek:

Welcome Matthan! I think you fit in just fine. And tell me if I'm wrong here, but I take it you're one of those posters who likes to play rough. :D

ic:

Ibn

The hand emerges and I smile. It's all working! I motion two guards to step forward, ready for when Grandfather emerges.

And a moment latter She... no he does. True it is the face of my mother, as beautiful as ever, but behind it lies the mind of my Grandfather. Through the eyes I can see confusion, uncertainty, and blind rage. Like all who emerge from the Lazarus Pits, Grandfather is like a wild animal. Suddenly s/he focuses on me, and leaps out of the pit with a superhuman strength and agility, a temporary side effect of the pit. The guards intercept Grandfather before s/he can reach me. Restraining him/her I bring up a small device which releases a small cloud of gas.

"Welcome back Grandfather. We'll have much to discuss when you're acting more civil."

S/he passes out and I turn my attention to the guards. "Take Grandfather to Lab B and make strap him down." My eyes fall on the tattered rags that drape his/her body. "And make sure have one of my personal assistants come down here and put some more appropriate attire on Grandfather."

As they carry Grandfather to the next room I look at Father and smile even wider. "I told you it would work."

20. Blight

Welcome Matthan! That was a great first post! Really intense! Hope your stay here is enjoyable! :)

See ya!
    Blight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.