1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Batman Beyond RPG: Part 2 (Continued in Part 3)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Nightwing, Sep 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

Batman Beyond RPG: Part 2

[color=00FFFF]This thread is for the next coming chapter(s) of The Batman Beyond RPG. The previous thread is the first, which is now closed so RPGers can get a fresh start with their new story idea.

I believe there are some character casting mishaps since some players have gone missing, so I can't be sure of the current roster, but if everything is as it should be, carry on. If not, let me know of the current roster and problems so I can post them here. Otherwise, enjoy! [/color]

#1 Nightwing, Sep 9, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2001
  2. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

Thanks Nightwing!

Right now we have the following players and characters:

Myself - Stalker, Barbara Gordon, and third character who won't be introduced until near the end of the Joker story line

Shriek - Batman/Terry

Bird_Boy - Bruce Wayne & Warhawk

Blight - Blight, the Joker

flhero311 - Dick Grayson, Max, & The Ninja (custom character)

Kitty Pryde - Batgirl

DanaTan (doesn’t know how much she'll be posting) - Dana Tan

There were also some other people, but they haven't been around for awhile.

3. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Though I still have the Ninja, he may only show up at the beginning of the story to wrap up the loose ends left by the last RPG. Unless there is some need for him down the road in the storyline after the Joker one (which you all are going to love, trust me...), he may jsut be retired. I may pick up a back ground character to add to DG and Max, but only if I can find a really good one and a good way to include them... I guess we wait for Blight (Joker) to make the first move(?)...

4. Mr. Obsession

I'm glad you've got faith in my story ideas flhero311, I'm just hoping that Shriek and Bird_Boy dig 'em once my plans are set in motion. Between the Joker story line and mine Bird_Boy should get a bunch of mileage out of Bruce.

And I was just posting which characters have been claimed, doesn't mean that you have to use 'em. I also know there were some other claimed characters but those posters haven't been around in a long time and I'm too lazy to go dig through the old thread to find out who they were.

I'm guessing that the best person to start off would be Blight. Or someone else can get us started off and Blight can jump in with the Joker whenever he feels ready.

So exactly how much time has passed between the end of chapter's 1 (Stalker vs. Batman) & 2 (Ra's story line) and the beginning of chapter 3 (Joker story line)?

5. Kitty Pryde

Kitty Pryde Guest

We need people playing Commisioner Gordon and dana and charaters like that as well as bad guys

6. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

I say we have the new RPG start where the new Cave is settled in already, bruce is back from the radiation crap and all of that. So, lets start the RPG in September (we were still posting in july last time..lol).

I think this is the chapter thing:

Chapter 1 (batman vs. Willie Watt), Chapter 2 (batman vs. Stalker), Chapter 3 (The Ra's/London thing) and now Chapter 4 (Joker Returns again).

Well, KittyPryde, Mr. O is Comm. Gordon, and we sorta have a Dana..but she isn't posting much. So, we can voice her or whatever if we need to w/o asking permission. Unless sombody wants to pick up her character.... ?

-BB

7. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

OOC: Hey, i'm glad to see the new thread is up and running. Anyways, I guess i'd better start this baby off!

IC: I sit at my command center, watching. I quickly type a few commands and the camera zooms in on Batfake and Brucie, "Y'know, I still can't believe you never told me about this place" says Batfake. I laugh to myself at that, "There's alot of things that the old man hasn't told you, kid" I mutter to myself, "But he was kind enough to share these little details with me!".

That's when Ghoul barges in, "Hey, boss, guess what. I've got some news about Wayne's condition" he says. I whirl around in my chair to face Ghoul, "What have I told you about interupting my time with the computer!" I yell at him. "S-sorry boss, but I just thought that I should inform you..." He stutters. "I already know that Wayne's all better now you idiot!" I scream as I jump up from my chair. A knife slips out from my sleeve and I bring it down on Ghoul's face. He gasps as the knife stops centimeteres from his nose. I smile at him, "Y'know, in most cases i'd kill you right here and now, but you really are esential to my plan, so i'll let you live" I say as I slip the knife back up my sleeve, "Just don't let it happen again".

Ghoul sighs, "T-thanks Joker". He turns and starts to walk out of the room, "On second thought, goons like you are easy to replace" I say, grinning, as the knife appears in my hand. Ghoul turns to look at me as I shove the knife into his left eyeball and rip it out. Ghoul clutches his socket and screams. I flick the eyeball away and bring the knife down on Ghouls neck. He falls to the floor, dead. I lift up the body and look into his face, "Hmm, you don't look so good, I think you need an eye doctor! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!" I laugh insanely. Then I walk over to the garbage chute and throw Ghoul into it, "Make sure to feed the rats with your corpse!" I yell down at the falling body.

I walk over to the command center and shut in down, "I'll get back to you later, Batfake" I say to myself as I start to walk out of the room, "Right now, I've got places to go, people to kill".

OOC: I hope you liked my first Joker part! Wondering when i'll reveal how The Joker came back? Don't hold your breath! I won't be revealing that until the end of this story!

See ya!
    Blight

#7 Blight, Sep 10, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2001
  8. Mr. Obsession

ooc: Blight I love you're interpretation of the Joker, just as sick and twisted as the RotJ (uncut) version. And you're just starting off. Good job man.

I'll post something ic later.

9. Blight

Thanks Mr. O! I actually watched ROTJ twice last night just to refresh my memory about how sick The Joker is! True, it was the edited version (since I don't have the unedited) but just watching that reminded me of everthing he does in the unedited, so it probably helped out my writing a bit.

See ya!
    Blight

10. Kitty Pryde

Kitty Pryde Guest

New Hero

Ic: A new school and another new family.
    As I walk down one of Gothams historical avenues I cant help but feel fear, i can almost smell it. I come to a cross roads in the more modern street of west Gotham one way will most likely get myself beaten and mugged by a gang of Jokerz and the other will get me on the front page of the papers for being the forth victum of any one of the numerous Killers stalking these streets. I silent my thoughts as i pick one, I pick the Jokerz.

I think about my new family as i walk the lonely ally way leading to my house. I see how Scot and Andy are similar to my parents, yet it is not the same no matter how hard I try and force myself to forget about my real parents, it never goes away....Never.

Suddenly I feel a hand touch my left shoulder I turn swiftly and get my fists ready to strike. Only to be disapointed and happy to see a large group of girls from my new school.

" your not around here are you " says one of the girls, she is probably their preppie ring leader or something.
    " No Im not " I say to her in the similar aggresive tone she gave me. " so thats why you had no clue you were walking into Jokerz territory. " im not scared of a bunch of wannabes". Both her and I exchange evil glares. I think to myself what her deal maybe but it is way to late to have guessed.

I feel the cold body of a Jokerz Bike hit into my hips sending me to the floor. I look up to see the rider stop next to the girl i was trying to talk to. He and her must be an item as they start kissing as i feel the boots of 2 other Jokerz kick into my ribs. The pain is so immense I nearly puke up. Then suddenly with out thinking I leap for the Girl and the Joker laying a heavy punch into the Jokerz head. To his team mates surprise he falls to the floor. I notice that there is still a huge gang of Jokerz all around this area. All I wanted was to go home, Suddenly I find myself kicking another Joker onto the hard gravel as his Jokerz bike lands beside him.

By now i had got on the bike and was making a quick get away.
    All I could hear to get the sound of their laughter out of my head was the sound of my own heart beating fear into my vains. My bike crashes and I awake strapped to the Gotham twin towers.

"Let me introduce myself" a shadow of a man can be seen, I must have had my back to the edge of the building and this guy is planning on pushing me off, my knuckles tighten.
    He steps out into the lights of the neon lit sky "Im the Joker" he says in a completely serious manner. I lift my head up to check him out and notice that he is just a young kid like me in make up, Just a wannabe.
    "So your the Joker, the mighty clown prince of crime" I start laughing in his face, I am so scared but he has no clue and im hurting his feelings, good people like him never showed feeling for the sorrow in their preys eyes.
    "J - Man what if batman comes" says another one of the Jokerz. I look up in the sky hoping to see him, to actually meet him.

Then I see the fake Joker cut something and I start to fall

11. Mr. Obsession

and so it begins...

Stalker

Standing in the shadows on the roof a building on west Gotham. I stretch and am still suprised at how well I've adapted to the prosthetics.

What kind of assignment is this? "Prowl the streets" Bennet said. "The sooner you're ready, the sooner you can complete my real assignment, and the sooner you'll be a free man."

To be free...

My thoughts are interrupted by the sounds of a struggle and laughter. Looking across the way I see a lone girl tied to one of the Gotham Towers surrounded by clowns. Clowns I taught a lesson to not long ago.

"Let me introduce myself" a man says as he walk out of the shadows, "I’m the Joker".

"Sure you are" I say quietly.

"So your the Joker, the mighty clown prince of crime" she says and starts laughing.

"J - Man what if Batman comes?"

"Oh, you have much more important things to worry about boy." I say to myself, mentally judging the space I'll have to leap to reach them.

Suddenly the leader pulls out a knife and cuts the rope letting the girl fall. I don't know why, I shouldn't care, but I take a running start and jump. The bionics propel me as I expected and I catch the girl. We land on a lower ledge of the towers. She's breathing hard and staring at me. What was she expecting? To fall to her death, or to be rescued by Batman. I shake off the thought.

"Stay here. I'll be back soon to let you down." I say to her as I start climbing the building. I must be going insane.

It takes a minute but I reach the top. Staying out of sight I can hear them joke about what they've done.

"And yet none of you had the guts to watch the fruits of your labors." I say as I pull myself up.

They freeze, the leader's eyes go wide. Perfect.

"If I remember correctly the last time I taught you a lesson I sent you to the hospital. Perhaps this time you'd like to see the morgue?" A small smile forms on my lips.

As I walk forward the others scatter, running for the lone exit. But the leader, their leader can't move, until the last second when I'm only a foot away. He tries to run but I grab his coat and pull his face close to mine. "I can smell your fear."

#11 Mr. Obsession, Sep 10, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2001
  12. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Dick Grayson

OOC; Just an intro, nothing special...

ic: I sit in my car, it's dark and quiet outside. I've been thinking back to the days I used to constantly patorl the streets, at one time by Bruce's side, then on my own. After Tim's fall from the mantle of Robin, I went back to help in Gotham, but Bruce had become somewhat cold and isolated, even more so than ever before. I hadn't talked to him in years. Then just a few months ago the Joker reappeared in Tim. That pyschotic clown wouldn't ever stop tormenting Tim. Luckily, Bruce's "replacement" of sorts took care of him once and for all. I didn't go to visit any of them, Tim, Barb, Bruce, after the incident. Of course, they had never called me either. But now I had come back to Gotham after living the past few years on a round the world trip. I drove up the narrow road on the side of the hill to the gate with the big W on it. I got out and pressed the call button.

"Yes?" Bruce's voice sounded so old and tired.

"Just an old friend dropping by," I replied.

"Dick?"...

ooc: Again, nothing special, the past will be elaborated on more in time...

13. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

I lay in bed. It has to be about 1 in the morning. The sun beats through my window and hits my eyes. I stretch my hands up as far as they go until I hear them crack.

I stand out of bed and look at my clock. 1:44 A.M. I open my blinds and look at the nightsky. I stare to the ground below and wonder if I should go patrol.

I am a bit tired. But the trip could be well worth it. But then again. I go back into my bed. I stretch the covers over my head and fall back asleep.

OOC: This was a sleep. I just want a notification of when people reply.

14. Kitty Pryde

Kitty Pryde Guest

IC: was that Batman?.
    Who was it if not Batman I think to my self as I am stuck up in the roof tops of Gotham. All I feel is fear, I hate that feeling. It is that fear that keeps me going though, that fear that made me get down from that roof top.

I can still hear the screams of the Jokerz some of them laughter others in pure terror. Who is that man I could tell from his accent he did not come from here either.
    This time I cant back out I have to know if that is Batman.

It is easy to follow where he is going by the trail of Jokerz screaming in fear. I follow the chorus until I see two shadows on the roof tops.

My heart starts to beat faster

OOC: Hey Guys sorry that i dont seem to be leading any where but trust me I am.

Luv Kitty

15. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: Once again, I'll be posting soon, so don't worry...just got school to deal with first.then...I'll post away! :)

-BB

16. Blight

The Joker

I walk up onto the small stage and stand in front of the microphone. I grin down at Chucko, Woof, Dee Dee, and Dee Dee. They are all that remains of my insolent little gang. I clear my throat very loudly, "Ladies and gentleJokers" I say into the microphone, "I am pleased that you could all join me tonight. And I am very pleased to say that my plan for Gotham's destruction is almost complete".

I pause as if to gather my thoughts, "Tonight we are going to pull off a couple of heists. Dee Dee and Woof will be stealing what we need from Foxtecha. And Dee Dee and Chucko will be stealing from Wayne Enterprises. I have already informed you about what we will be stealing, so i'm not going to go into details. I will be joining Dee Dee and Chucko to Wayne Enterprises, I have a few things to settle over there".

I step off the stage and walk over to the gang, "And remember, any and all Jokers who argue with my plan must except their future of hanging on my wall as a trophy. Now, to the hovercrafts!"

See ya!
    Blight

17. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: WooHoo..my first IC post on this RPG!! Yippers! :)

IC (Wayne):

September 11th, 2001
    6:07am

The Bat-cave's repaired..somewhat. I was able to upload the bat-computer into a new, up-to-date machine. With a 900gigs of space left on the harddrive, it will be able to hold up to 10 more mantles of Batman...if he survives the second one tha tis.

The sensors pick up a car near the gates. The call button is pushed.

"Yes?" I say into the speaker.

"Just an old friend dropping by," the man replies

I know that voice...it's somewhat aged..but I know it.

"Dick..?" I reply in a low voice.

My mind wanders back to the day when we were Batman and Robin. Gliding along rooftops....

"So, you going to let me in or what?" a sarcastic voice comes over the speaker. I must've been thinking about the past too long.

I don't reply, but instead press the "Open" button on the gates. I watch on the monitor as a car pulls in through. A man gets out and steps inside. Ace perks up his ears and runs upstairs. I hear barking and a "DOWN MUTT!". I grin and whistle for Ace.

Ace runs down the steps and sits by my side, still growling. There is a new entrance to the cave since the last one was dimolished. Dick won't be able to find it.

I grab my cane and walk up the steps. The door opens and I walk out of the room. A room hidden behind the wall of the manor. I remembered it as a child...I never showed it to the others. It was loaded with dead spiders and cobwebs. After some pursuading, I got Terry to clean it out. I touch the wall and a thin panel slides away. I see Dick looking around the clock, pulling on it.

"That entrance doesn't work anymore." I say outloud.

He looks over at me. "Ah..I didn't even hear you. Which is unusual..." He grins.

I motion for him to follow me and we make our way back down into the cave.

He whistles.

"What happened to the old cave?"

"It was destroyed a few months ago. Ra's came back with more firepower than Terr-" I cut my words short, "Er, Batman could handle"

Dick nods and looks around somemore. The batmobile in the far corner spins around on it's turn-table and boosts it's engines and flys out of the cave.

"Where's that going to?" Dick asks

"To pick up Batman" I reply.

Dick raises an eyebrow.

"He'..doesn't live here?" he inquires

"No." I reply.

I make my way over ot the chair and sit down. I flip on all of the lights Terry and I installed. The one next to the case of suits flips on. Dick looks at the suits and gives a small sigh. "Seems like yesterday.." he says under his breath.

"so, what's the mutt's name?"

"Ace" I reply.

Dick nods and bends down. "Here..Ace" he says.

Ace looks up at me, I nod, but Ace decides to stay near me.

I let Dick look around for awhile, while I upload a few more remaining files into the computer. Our attention is drawn to the incoming Batmobile that lands with a jolt.

The cockpit opens and McGinnis jumps out. He's about to take off his mask when he sees Dick.

He makes his way over to me.

"Who's that?" he says, while looking at me.

Dick comes over and sticks out his hand "Dick Grayson. Former... 'employee' "

END.

OOC: All I can think of for now..just wanted to get things a-go...:)

-BB

18. Mr. Obsession

Stalker

"...it was only a joke..." the pathetic bleeding gang leader wheezes as I toss him to the ground.

"She wasn't laughing. Neither was I."

My gaze turns to the remaining Jokerz on the rooftop, the one closest to door scrambles to get it open. Behind I hear the sound of someone struggling to climb over the ledge to reach the roof.

"It can't be." I say to no one. My curiosity gets the better of me and I walk to the ledge. To my suprise is the girl I rescued moments before, the one I told to stay put. Her eyes go wide as I reach down and pull her up over the ledge.

Taking advantage of my distraction two of the Jokerz rush forward to retrieve their beaten leader. "Go ahead and take him, but I recommend you leave as fast a possible" I say not even bothering to turn around.

As soon as I can no longer hear the sound of their escape I turn My attention back to the girl.

"Batman?"

I try not to laugh, but a smirk forms on my lips.

"What's so funny?" she says becoming defensive.

"It seems that this is your night for mistakes."

Her disappointment is apparent. "Do you at least know him?"

"You could say that."

"Then could you take me to him. Or at least point me in the right direction."

I ponder that. Why should I? I still don't know why I saved her in the first place. I need time to think.

"I could" I say, "but you're going to have to give me one good reason why I should."

#18 Mr. Obsession, Sep 12, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2001
  19. Blight

The Joker

The engines come to a stop as the Hovercraft lands on a balcony of the Wayne Enterprises building. This is the same balcony where Brucie made his returning speech. Chucko and Dee Dee jump out of the craft and run into the building. I step outside the craft and pull out my Yo Yo.

I play with it for a while, until a guard comes at me from behind and raises his weapon. I grab it from his hand and toss it off the balcony. The guard gasps as I turn to face him. He gasps again when he sees that my Yo Yo is actually Ghoul's eyeball with a string attached. "Like my new Yo Yo?" I grin at him. He starts to raise his walkie talkie and I knock it from his hand with my Yo Yo, "Naughty, naughty" I shake my finger at him. Then I pull my knife from my sleeve and start to cut into his face.

The guard screams for a while until he faints from the pain. I finish and step back to look at my work. I grin when I see the crudely cut smile that I carved into his face. That's when Chucko and Dee Dee appear and jump into the Hovercraft, "Come on boss, we've got what we need" Chucko says. I nod, "Keep smiling. Tootles!" I say to the smiling figure on the floor. Then I turn and jump into the Hovercraft.

"One more thing" I say as Chucko starts the engine. I pull out a detonator from my pocket and press it. The lab from which Chucko and Dee Dee just stole the items we need explodes and the building shakes a bit. "HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!" I laugh as we fly off into the night sky.

See ya!
    Blight

20. Blight

OOC: Hey, is it me, or is this place rather, um, empty? Come on people, post! Please tell me you don't all have writers block! I know it hasn't been THAT long since someone posted, but i've never seen such a long period of lull on this particular thread (well, except during the Stalker/Batman fight in the old RPG, but I was on vacation during that! :D ).

See ya!
    Blight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.