1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Batman Beyond RPG (Continued in Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Inque, Apr 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

I grab Warhawk by the head and slam him into a case with an old Batman costume inside. Then I kick him upside the head and start throwing radiation balls at him. He is slammed into the ground. I notice he is standing on one of the traps me and Ra's had managed to set before he and the Ninja had busted in. I press a button on the switch Ra's had given me and the ground explodes under Warhawk. The explosion slams him into a wall.

That's when I notice that Batman has entered, and Ra's is pointing a gun at him. "No!" I scream and blast Ra's away, "I will not let you take my vengence away from me!" I grab McGinnis and pin him to the wall, "Guess what, McGinnis" I sneer at him, "I'm not afraid of giant bats anymore!" I laugh as Batman's eyes widen in horror. I slam my fist into his face. I pull him up inches away from my face, "This ends now!" I say as radiation starts to build up inside of me.

See ya!
    Blight

#301 Blight, Sep 5, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2001
  2. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Ra's al Ghul

I get up, still a little shakey after that walking biohazard knocked me over. I knew I couldn't do what I had originally planned now that the boy was already here.

"I've tried so many other plans so far, and either you or that bumbling Ninja has screwed them up," I begin. "Even the plan I had in mind this time is of no use: but now I end it all- for ALL of us!"

Blight drops the Batman, who slumps by the wall, and runs past the tied-up Ninja and Warhawk. "Whoa!" he yelled. "That's not the plan I was aware of. What are you doing?!"

"Sorry, Blight, but this is how it ends," I reply. I pull out a detonator. "This little thing is capable of leveling a four block section of a city, so I'm sure the cave will fair no better." I start to press the activation button, but Blight grabs it from me.

"NO!!!" he screams. "You promised me a better life! Not death! I want the Batman dead at any cost, but not by sacrificing myself!"

"Fool! No one defies me and lives!" I pull out a my gun with a special lead bullet and fire. It penetrates Blight and he drops to his knees. He gasps for air as he drops the detonator. I go to grab it, but get a kick to the head by Batman.

"You monster!" he yells. He lands another kick to my mid section. I roll over in pain. Batman flicks a batarang toward the tied up Warhawk and Ninja and frees them. During that split second, I rech over and grab the detonator.

"You have lost, boy!"

#302 Trent Lane, Sep 5, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2001
  3. Trent Lane

ooc: I made the assumption that WH was down after his tussle with Blight, and the Ninja was KO'd by Ra's (I should've mentioned he was pistol whipped). My post was to follow Shriek, but Blight posted as I was writing also. We'll just need to decide on which post we pick up after. Open to suggestions...

4. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

My guess is as good as your for all this.

5. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

ooc: Hmmm, now you've done it. Three post's done around the same time, each contradicting each other (sorta) and taking the story in mildly different directions.

I vote on following flhero311's last post.

6. Shriek

I second that vote.

7. Blight

I agree too. Can you just edit your post so that it comes after my post, Flhero?

See ya!
    Blight

8. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

OOC: K, I deleted my post. I'll post again later with a "correct" version.

-BB

9. Trent Lane

ooc: I slightly editted my post, just to make things a little less choppy. It should fit in right after Blight's post...

10. Blight

ooc: Thanks Flhero! Everything makes sense again! I'll post the next part now.

ic: "You have lost, boy!" says Talia/Ra's. The pain in my chest is extreme, but not enough to keep me from stopping that vile creature! Even I am stunned by what he is doing. "No!" I scream as I leap for Ra's. I grab his arms and pull them behind his back. I throw him into a case with a strange armored costume with bug eyes and wings. The detonator falls to the floor and I grab it. Batman leaps at me, spin kicks me in mid-air and grabs the detonator.

"You can have the detonator!" I scream at McGinnis, "Just don't let Ra's get it!". Batman doesn't seem to hear me. He raises his fist and I grab it, "Listen to me, McGinnis, we can't just keep fighting amongst each other. We have to keep Ra's from getting that detonator at all costs, are you with me?" I ask him. Batman stares at me for a long time, then starts to respond.....

ooc: Take it, Shriek! This could be big!

See ya!
    Blight

11. Shriek

"Do you hear me McGinnis?"

"The name's Batman," I say darkly. I flip up in the air and land next to Ra's. I back hand Talia and her nose begins to bleed. I almost feel bad for her.

Then she knees me in the balls. Almost feel bad for her. I headbutt her repeatedly. I push her back into the Harley Costume and the case shatters.

She is covered in broken class and bleeding consistently. She rises from the broken glass with a walkie talkie. "Back up. In the cave. Immediately!"

I stare to the unconsious WarHawk. I dive towards him. I begin slapping him in the face. "GET UP! GET UP! We've Got Trouble!"

The humming of several engines begin to fill the batcave. About 5 hovercarts carrying 4 passengers each emerge from the darkness with heavy weapons.

20 to 2. Well 3 if Blight helps. I will still rip his heart out if he helps. I crush the detonator in my hands.

I flip backwards. I look around the cave carefully. I have found my weapons.

12. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

IC (warhawk):

I'm walking around. There is nobody around the JLU center. I wonder where they are?

I hear sombody yelling "GET UP! GET UP! We've Got Trouble!"..then my face starts to sting.

My eyes open up into reality. I see the cave ceiling and move myself up off of the floor. I shake my head a couple times, bringing everything into focus.

I look around and see Batman flip up in the air. I see 5 hovercrafts. I slip into a dark corner. I make my way to the glass case, and reach in. I rip off of the cloaker off of the bat-suit. Hopefully this works. I put it down on my belt and connect a few wires. I hear fiz and it connects. I turn the knob and turn invisible.

I jump on top of the case of suits and walk along it. I survey the area. Not much time to make my move. The hovercrafts are in position. They could blow this house up in a matter of seconds. I look down at where the hover crafts are at. There is plenty of memorbilia that the old man probably wants....screw the memorbilia. I'm sure he'd rather have the cave than that old crap.

I flip over a lense on my eye, and focus on the ground. I shoot out a beam and it cracks through the ground, slicing it off from the rest. I watch 2 of the tanks fall, but my focus is broken by a hard hit behind my head. I fall forward, and the cloak de-activates. I look over and see a couple of men. They infiltrated the house.

They have a visor over their eye. Must've been how they saw me.

I flick my wrist forward and my glove growns longer. I swing my feet up, letting them reach the mans chin, then throwing him forward with my feet. I grab his gun. I hit the other guard with it.

I look down at the gun and switch the setting to "Stun". I don't want to kill them..

I run up the steps and begin firing rapidly at the oncoming men. The gun starts to over-heat and explodes, sending me backward. I have to keep these guys from entering the cave. I get back up and see 4-5 of them gawking at the site of the cave. I take their dumbfounded-ness to my advantage. I hit the jets on my boots and fly forward. I hit them in the gut, sending each one backwards. I hit another twenty on my way up the steps.

They're all knocked out by the time I switch the jets off. I take a quick glance up into the house. No more to be seen. I run back down the steps and enter the cave again. Batman's flying around now, throwing bat-a-rangs and the men. This isn't working.

I see one of the tanks warming up. It's getting ready to fire at the ceiling. I jet up towards batman and take a fresh bat-a-rang out of his hands.

"HEY!" he yells at me.

I crumble it in my hands, forming a tiny ball. I stop in mid air and throw the deformed bat-a-rang into the gun hole. I take out a tiny pellet and put it down the shaft as well. The pellet releases a tiny shield, capable of stopping a shot twice the size of what this tank can send. Unfortunantly, it only lasts for a couple of seconds. All I need.

The tank fires as the shield forms and the cannon explodes. The tank is thrown backward and falls off the edge. It falls down into the depths.

Still 2 more tanks to go. I look back and see a blast usher from one of the tanks. It hits the ceiling and thousands of pieces of rocks fall from the ceiling. I jet out of the way and land in front of the tank. I jump in front of the tank that fired. I twirl it's cannon over to the other tank and straigten it out. Just in time.

Another shot fires out of the tank before they can stop it. It connects with the other tank and blows it out of the cave, back down from where it came. I watch it fall off the cliff and out of site.

The tank I'm holding regains control and points its blaster at my chest. It fires and I'm thrown backward. I connect with the cave wall, then slide down into the depths of the cave.

END.

OOC: PHEW! that was long...well...it took awhile to type anyway...I figured I'd leave one tank for you to handle Shriek.. :)

13. Blight

Out of the corner of my eye I can see the remaining tank blast Warhawk away. Batman flys over to it and starts slashing at it with the claws that just extended from his gloves. I jump in next to him, "I'm helping you with this one, McGinnis" I say as I start to blast the tank with radiation balls. "What did I tell you about calling me that?" McGinnis yells at me.

As me and Batman try to destroy the tank, I suddenly hear laughter from behind me. I turn around to where Ra's is standing with about one hundred men behind him. One of his men hands him a weapon that looks like a bazooka. "You have lost. My time of triumph is at hand!" he says as he points the weapon at the cave ceiling. I realize with horror that he is going to blast the ceiling. The cave is going to colapse!

See ya!
    Blight

14. Shriek

It's all going to be gone. I grab Blight and pick him up over my head. I throw him into the crowd.

Ra's/Talia shoots the cavern ceiling 2 times. I make a mad dash for the ledge and jump.

I freefall for what seems to be about hours. I extend my wings and activate the thrusters.

I boost down towards the underground river and I spot Warhawk hit the water.

"NOO!!!!" I feel the cavern shake everywhere. I'm not worried about the batcave anymore.

I burst through the surface into the cold water. My mouthpiece activates and I can breath again.

Before I manage to swim the current sweeps me away towards Warhawk. I see WarHawk's helmet close in around his face.

I can tell he is breathing as well. That's good. Now the only thing I have to worry about is getting out of here.

I know the mansion will not be destroyed. Bruce told me that there is a layer of solid steel separating the cave and the house.

I activate the jets as well WarHawk also does. The both of us jet through the water under cavern walls completely out of site from the world.

Fifteen minutes we emerge in Gotham's Main Sewage System. We both climb up the ladder onto the ground.

WarHawk makes a face at the crappy sewer.

"We escaped!" I say.

15. Trent Lane

The Ninja

I wake up out of my stupor just in time to see Ra's fire at the ceiling. Two direct hits, no real damage. While he is distracted, I get up, draw my sword, and charge him.

"THIS IS FOR MY FATHER!" I yell as I slice him through his middle. He gasps, and grabs his waist. "No, not this wa-" He fell in two and died on the spot. His men, masked of course, became sheep without a shepard. None of them knew what to do. They pushed a button on their visors and a rush of gas came from the visors. They all fell to the ground. I took of the mask of one man. He was dead, as were the rest, I guessed. A mass suicide because of the loss of their leader. I didn't know where the Batman and Warhawk were, but I knew I had to find them and hoped they weren't already dead...

ooc: So end's Ra's al Ghul and the majority of the League of Assassains. A corny ending, maybe, but an ending at that. Now to find Batman and Warhawk and finish up the Ninja's story...

16. Shriek

Just so you know. The cave is collapsing and everything is getting destroyed.

17. Trent Lane

ooc: Okay, I wasn't up on that, but whatever works for you guys...

18. Blight

IC: I look up from the ground, dazed. I can see literally hundreds of bodys. And in the middle of it all, is Ra's Al Ghul. His body is split in half, an expression of surprise frozen on his face. "Serves you right, you piece of crap!" I yell at the body.

That's when I realize that there are heavy pieces of rock falling to the floor. The cave is colapsing! I notice that the Ninja is running up the stairs into the mansion. He starts slashing at the steel door, but to no avail.

I jump up beside him and knock him out of the way. I quickly blast open the door with all the power I can muster. I run up into the mansion, with the Ninja following close behind. When we get to the top, I hear a crashing sound and then silence. The cave is destroyed.

I turn to face the Ninja, "Let's finish this!". The Ninja glares at me, "Not now" he says as he kicks me into Wayne's chair. Then he jumps out the front door. I decide not to follow him. I'm tired from the battle inside and need a rest. Still, there's no point in staying here.

I walk out the fron't door and I can see that the Ninja is, of course, gone. I walk down the stairs to the gates, thinking. Batman and the others made their escape this time, but next time it will be differen't. Next time, I will have my revenge! That is, after I take a nice long rest........

OOC: Hey guys, I though I should inform you that Blight is going to be taking a little rest. But do not worry, because my next post will be as the one and only JOKER! And after i've used The Joker for a while, I will bring Blight back into it. But for now, he's going on a little vacation.

Hello Gotham, Joker's back in town! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! (Just experimenting)

See ya!
    Blight

19. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

IC (Warhawk):

Bats and I exit through the sewer pipe. Smells like sh-

"Wayne is gonna be so ticked.."McGinnis says.

"Eh...don't worry about it. I'm sure he'll be ok..it's not like he didn't make a back-up of the bat-computer."

"Yeah..there's one in the new batmo----...Oh geesh.that was demolished too"

"Well Junior...what now?" I say to him

"Dunno..."

I look around. My helmet begins to ring and I touch the side of it.

"Warhawk? Where are you?"

"Hey Barda. I'm in Gotham helping the rookie out"

"The JLU computer went off saying the bat-cave collapsed. That's not true..is it?"

"Yeah..it is.."

There is silence on the other end.

"Do you need any help at all?"

"Nope..we've got it covered. Warhawk out" I let go of my visor and look back at Batman.

"Everything in the cave...gone" he mutters under his breath.

"C'mon..lets go back to the manor, see what's left in the cave..if we can even get into it." I open up my wings and jet off. Batman follows suit and jets up behind me.

We land back at the manor and shut the door. Batman slumps down in the chair and takes off his mask.

I make my way down into the cave and McGinnis looks at me in a "aw geesh..do we have to go down there already?" type of way. He gets back up and heads down with me.

Nothing but rubble down here. The batcomputer is fizzing over in the corner. We can barely move around.

"First" I say "We need to get these stalagmites out of the way. Then we'll be able to move around".

McGinnis nods and puts his mask back on. He takes out a bat-a-rang.

"That's not gonna work" I say to him.

"This one will..it's edges are lazor-enhanced. Ever seen Curare's sword?" Batman throws it down into the rubble and it slices through 8 of the stalagmites with ease and returns to him. "Just like a knife through butter" He says with a smile.

I jump on top of the stalagmites and carry them over to the edge and throw them down into the depths.

After an hour we manage to clear all but one of the stalagmites out. We have to cut it in 3 pieces.

"What's the body count up to?" I say.

Batman pics up another man from underneath one of the rocks.

"99"

I shake my head. I move the boulder and underneath is a body...or parts of it anyway.

"Ra's didn't get away.."I say

"How do you know?"

"Because his/her body is right here." I motion down under the rock where two parts of his/her body lies.

"Somthing sliced it in half...these stalagmites didn't do it"

Batman goes over and picks up the two pieces of body and lays them down to the next of them.

I throw the remaing stalagmite over the edge. I hear a shatter which tells me it was broken into thousands of pieces by the fall. They'll all get thrown into the sewer...thousands of tiny rocks.

McGinnis goes over and checks out the Batmobile.

"Woah..only a few scratches. Must be made out of a heavy strong steel.."

I go up to the batmobile and touch it and a shield throws me backward.

"And a strong shield. At least you have transportation" I say.

"Yeah..and the batcomputer..."

We look at what's left the cave. The suits that the original Batman, Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing wore are in decent condition. Wayne had those protected as well.

"Most of the stuff in this cave is still pretty decent. I imagine Wayne prepared for such a thing.."

"He's always prepared" Mcginnis replys.

He goes over to the batcomputer and looks over it.

"Gonna need a whole new one......what's that?" McGinnis makes his way over to the far left side of the cave wall.

A tiny hole in the wall had a ray of gold coming through it.

McGinnis takes out 4 pieces of somthing from his belt and detonates it. The wall crumbles away.

We step through it to see another cave...about twice the size of the original.

I whistle. "Well..Wayne has a replacement now.."

McGinnis nods and walks deeper into the cave.

END.

OOC: OK, I had got some things started. I wonder if we should end this RPG here. (retire this thread and start a new one [Inque would have to do it]). Anything want to do that? We could throw references back to this thread, but do a completely new thread. What do you think? Because starting a new story(the joker story) in a 16 page thread would kinda be hard to keep track of..to me anyway..

-BB

20. Trent Lane

Agreed. Besides, my characters are pretty much gone, except for Max, but come on. I say we start BB RPG II. Anyone else?... Inque?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.