1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman Begins" Talkback, Part II (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jun 15, 2005.

?

Rate and Comment "Batman Begins"

1. *****

122 vote(s)
    58.7%
  2. ****1/2

58 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. ****

17 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  5. ***

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. **1/2

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. **

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  10. Just end, already!

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Beyond Batman

Beyond Batman The Tomorrow Knight

Great film. And what I like most about it is that friends of mine that aren't even "into" Batman liked the movie. And that's just it, they made it a great movie. Not just a "Batman" movie. Every aspect of the movie was functional, everything had a purpose from the batsuit design to the batmobile design. They opted to make sense out of things rather than dress up sets with neon lights and throw bat symbols everywhere.

2. bat313

bat313 Active Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. I especially loved it how the explained the batcave, suite and where the weapons all came from!

3. Batboy

Batboy Member

I just wanted to say that the Widescreen Edition of Batman Begins has been released. Those who are intrested can check it out here:

http://www.axelmusic.com.

I'm going to wait for the Deluxe Edition though.

4. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

Unused posters of the film.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one is really good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is beautiful.
    [​IMG]

5. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

ah...but there's more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can I say...beautiful?

I don't see why they resorted to releasing those uninspired ones that they did!

6. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

^^wow, those were some great posters! Too bad we got that craptastic poster w/ Batman holding Katie on it.

???
    It wasn't supposed to be released untill the 18th, with the DE.
    Amazon isn't selling it yet. I mean, other than pre-orders.

7. Batboy

Batboy Member

Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd too but axelmusic is a good site. I've ordered movies from them before and if they say that they've got the film, then I guarantee you that they have it.

8. Silly McGooses

maybe it does, but it's not supposed to--I checked and it's not officially released till the 18th.

oh, about a month ago I saw this movie in a hotel room. It's nowhere near as good on a TV screen. It looses a whole lot, especially in fullscreen.

9. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Those are some lovely posters! I liked some of the ones that were released, but really, these are quite cool - and are just more catching to the eye.

-Tim

10. Silly McGooses

I can see why WB might be afraid of putting some of the more artsy ones up in american megaplexes, but I think that it's some of the best advertising I've ever seen.

11. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Well, considering that the WB went the other route with this movie and put quality over just keeping their eyes set on the almighty dollar, I don't see why they'd stop at the movie posters. Some of these are really good!

-Tim

12. Silly McGooses

I think my favorite is the one with the Bats coming out of Bruce's eye.

13. dc_gothamite

dc_gothamite dead is dead

me too...:)

i also like the one with the wide shot of bruce looking up in the cave, with his reflection in the water being that of Batman... its a little bit too "star wars, episode i" but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

hell, all those posters are sweet.

14. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

For those interested:

-Toon Zone News & The World's Finest Reviews "Batman Begins"

That above is a thread to discuss the DVD release for Batman Begins. We can continue talking about the film itself, arguably the best film of 2005, here!

Current Domestic Box-Office Gross as of Oct. 9th: $205,197,285

15. MR.MXYZPTLK

MR.MXYZPTLK Mild Mannered Reporter

I actually only just watched this I now. I no its despicable for a d.c fan to do but I havn't had time to go to the cinema. I have to say I din't like it. I can see why some people think its good but I go for the bizare batman were pretty much anything can happen as long as it looks cool. But this seemed kinda bland I found ra's al ghul and scarecrow kinda a dull though I love em in the comics. Though in no way was it a bad movie it just didn't hold my attention like tim's movies still at least it ain't batman and robin

7 stars a good movie but won't hold everyones attention

16. mookie75

mookie75 Active Member

I've been watching parts of this movie for the last few days and I thought I'd revisit the talkback for a couple of observations/curiousities.

1. I wonder what the story is behind the guy who at first appears to be Ra's al Ghul. It's too bad we don't know more of his story since I assume he is more than just your average League of Shadows member. He fought very well against Bruce and I'm assuming he must have been the real Ra's' second-in-command or something like that. Or is he supposed to be a real DC character that I'm not aware of? I seem to recall Ra's having a bodyguard of some kind in the animated series.

2. I may be the only person that noticed and is aggravated by this, but what is the point of those guys in the Wayne Tower control room that are giving the play-by-play of what's happening as the train with Ra's and Batman on it races toward the tower? Obviously they are telling us what's happening, but it seems unnecessary to me since it really disrupts the flow of the movie at that crucial moment. Everytime they come on I have this urge to say something like "That's for all of you who may not have been paying attention...now, back to our story!" :anime:

3. This is just one of those silly detail things, but I have to take a moment to mention it. I'm curious which part of the train Batman's grappling hook managed to latch onto that allowed him to be dragged beneath it for such a long distance. If you look at the architecture of the track supports you can see that they have canopies that wrap up and over the train. I would think that Batman would have gotten hung up on the first strut that he encountered. Oh well, I'll let it slide because it made for some cool drama. lol

4. I know that this has be discussed in depth (and beyond) on the talkback already, but I think I have a new theory for Batman's actions at the end of the train scene. I too have been curious why he broke the window at the front of the train: was it to give Ra's an opportunity to save himself? Well, after watching a few times, I think the reason he broke the window was to create a wind current in the car so he could use his cape/wings to fly out the back after he blew it open. In reality, I wouldn't expect a broken window to generate much of a wind current, but the train was moving very fast (too fast for an L-train in my opinion, but that's a whole other issue :sweat: ) and if you watch you can see debris flying toward the back of the train as Bats delivers his now infamous "But I don't have to save you" line.

Anyway, just a few observations....

17. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Ken Watanabe as Ubu? Very interesting thought. I also think of Ubu being a big huge guy, but I like the idea. I could see that.

18. mookie75

mookie75 Active Member

Yeah, that's the name....it's been too long since I've seen the cartoons. Actually, that thought only occurred to me as I was writing my previous post. Before that I just assumed he was a character made for the movie, but he still seems like someone who would have been important.

19. Robin

Robin Guest

According to BOX OFFICE MOJO, Batman Begins has ended its theater run. Total domestic take stands at $205,343,774. The overseas box office still stands at $166,480,873 as of September 1, 2005.

20. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

So overall a pretty good take im glad.