1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman Begins" Talkback, Part I (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jun 15, 2005.

?

Rate and Comment "Batman Begins"

1. *****

105 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. ****1/2

54 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. ****

13 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. **

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  10. Just end, already!

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Yep, me too! I've only gone thrice, so far! :p

Besides, there's nothing else I even want to see right now.

-Tim

2. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

well, it looks like WB is using the "SEE IT AGAIN!" ads that always show up when a big movie is fading. $172,105,000 now, so i dont think it can break $200 million, but there's still a chance, i suppose. 'm glad to see it's still doing very well overseas...

3. TimTwoFace

It's still pulling in a lot more than 2 million on average per day; it'll hit $200 Mill. Beyond that, I can't really predict - but I think that it can limp across my projected $251 Mill finishing line, if we're lucky.

$172 Mill isn't bad at all, though.

-Tim

4. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

[​IMG]

Deleted scene?
    [​IMG]

These were featured in the Batmnan Begins movie book...

5. TimTwoFace

I wouldn't doubt that some scenes were deleted. I've yet to see the movie book, though - you think it's worth pickin' up, Phantasm? :)

Anyway, I'm sure that any deleted scenes, etc, will be included in the DVD release. Then again, at 140 minutes, just what else WAS cut? It was pretty long as is!

-Tim

6. TimTwoFace

BOX OFFICE UPDATE

On Tuesday, July 19, BATMAN BEGINS has earned a total of $184.8 million, thereby surpassing BATMAN FOREVER and making it the second-most grossing Batman movie to date.

The movie will easily surprass the $200 Million dollar mark. That's pretty much a given - and it'll happen within two weeks or so. How close it gets to the $251 Million set by BATMAN (1989), however, is anyone's guess.

I'll make a more conservative estimate and say $220 Million, final total. :D

-Tim

7. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

I saw it twice and man it is awesome. I like the final words between Bats and Ras.

RAS: You finally learn to do what is right.
    BAT: I wont kill you. But I don`t have to save you.

8. TimTwoFace

Go back a few pages in this thread; there was quite the debate about that exchange and what it meant. :D

-Tim

9. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Speaking of the last scene, I thought I'd post this up from another forum. Maybe it'll spark up some discussions:

[​IMG]

I guess we'll definitely know the answer to this mystery once the DVD comes out...

10. TimTwoFace

Whoaaa, nice link, buddy!

:eek:

-Tim

11. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Heh, don't get too excited though. It is still fairly low-res after all and it could be mistaken for debris.

But..I still have high confidence he indeed lives? Why? This film makes it crystal clear deception is Ra's signature. The fact that the had Neeson close his eyes to "accept" the crash, and then doing a wide shot of the train falling just makes it obvious to me that Nolan and Goyer are also tricking the audience.

Oh...and the fact that the novel written by O'Neal, who has been in close ties with the writers on the film, explained that Ra's body was nowhere to be found. :)

12. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I see an utter non distinct blur that's pulled into close up to reveal and even more non distinct blur...

I have no doubt he's meant to survive, whether we see him or not from here on. That's the nature of the character, I agree. I'm not seeing the evidence in this footage, but as we know, a DVD scan will be a far more telling medium. Interesting.

13. TimTwoFace

...just as was stated in the original screenplay. :D

-Tim

14. Robin

Robin Guest

I won't bother posting anything long-winded about my thoughts on the movie. I saw this movie opening day and simple loved it. Easily the best live-action Batman movie I've ever seen, and I've seen them all. Great work by all those involved.

I'm also glad to see the movie will cross the $200 million mark in the next two weeks or so. It's up to $191.1 million so it's only a matter of time. This movie deserved to make a lot more but I'm glad to see it's doing really well. Easily the best movie of the summer.

15. PowerZord

PowerZord It's time to change.

I saw the movie, here's my opinion:

It was Good, Really good, but not the best Batman movie. It was badly edited, His parents dead was really rushed, The Acting.. Horrible.

It was good, just not worth a Sequel.

I give Batman begins: 5 stars out 10

16. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    WHAT?!

17. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

To be fair, I'm not so hot on Bale's performance as Batman either. It still sounds like he's doing a bad job at trying to do a Wolverine voice.

18. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

Finally got around to seeing it and I loved it. Couldn't quite buy cute little Katie Holmes as a DA, but Liam Neeson is the man, so there you go. During the training with the League of Shadows, I had flashes of Christian Bale as Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai. Loved the Joker homage at the end as well. Overall, loved it and would definitely see it again.

Batman Begins gets a 8.5/10

19. sidewinder

sidewinder Member

But...but... the Scarecrow....the Batmobile... Not worth a...
    Good sir, I do not agree with your opinions, but I will defend to the death your right to say them.

20. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

But that's likely due to expectations born of comparisons to the likes of Keaton or Conroy. There's no requirement that he sound like them. Bale's vocal choice isn't surprising given his characterization of Batman as a "beast" or "creature" in interviews. His Batman voice certainly has that quality and it's no less valid than anyone else's interpretation. Naturally, everyone's not required to like it. But it has nothing to do with bad acting. Also, Bale's performance as Batman involves a whole lot more than his voice, encompassing all of the character's personas. In looking at what he did as the "real" Bruce Wayne, the Bruce Wayne social veneer, and Batman, I'd say he performed very well.

Note: Discussion Continued in "Batman Begins" Talkback, Part II (Spoilers).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.