"Batman: Bad Blood" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Warner Bros. released a second clip from the film.

Di-- Did they just bring up the "Starfire can't remember without sex" retcon?! :ack:

#201 Troy Troodon, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting, so that villain in the preview was Blockbuster not Brick as some guessed. Makes sense since that's one of NW's rogues in his Bludhaven days in the comics. Nice surprise to have Starfire cameo and even cooler that Nightwing mentioned a 'tower' there at the end. Guess there's a Titans Tower already? Either way, nice to see some build up for the next movie.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I guess that Vic Stone's father didn't build this Titans' Tower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it was just a reference to Starfire's sensual nature. It's not that she has trouble remembering him, she just misses the feeling she gets when they're together and...intimate ;).

So this makes the second time Batfamily business has interfered with their relationship :sweat:.

Is that Kari Wahlgren as Kori? I wonder if that will stick into Justice League vs. The Teen Titans. Would totally love to have her play Starfire :).

Blockbuster is definitely an appropriate foe for Dick to fight in a Bludhaven sequence :cool:.

Titans Tower! Awesome. So the Titans have been active for a fairly long time, at least long enough to have the Tower in-use :D.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Troy Troodon

Before or prior to the New52? Cause if the latter, I'm gonna puke.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

She's always been a hedonist, pre-reboot or New 52, which is "someone who believes that the pursuit of pleasure is the most important thing in life," and Tamaraneans draw power from their feelings and emotions.

The issue with Starfire's initial New 52 characterization (which was fixed for her currently-running solo) was that it ignored how this was usually conveyed in favor of a more shallow and almost sleazy depiction of it.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

True. Probably Batman did. In the comics, Bruce Wayne funded the original team and their original hideout was owned by Wayne Industries' Wayneco Information Services.

I interpreted it as pillow talk. They haven't held hands in weeks.

Correct. Probably will double as Onyx, too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Um...before and prior to mean the same thing. But I know what you meant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

January 14: Nightwing versus Blockbuster was cool. I like the villain's design.

Also nice to hear Starfire speak this time, though her talk with Dick seems to pretty much follow the same pattern as in Batman Vs. Robin. And Alfred's timing could have been worse. :p

January 15:

TV Insider has another exclusive clip.

Dick as Batman versus Black Mask, voiced by Steve Blum. Looks pretty awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Troy Troodon

Two more just came up... Just keep on rolling WB.

• Like Like x 2
    #210 Troy Troodon, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  11. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Home Video sent the following press update about the talent scheduled to appear at the Batman: Bad Blood premiere at the Paley Center in New York City, slated to Tuesday.

Yvonne Strahovski, Sean Maher, Travis Willingham Take Center Stage for World Premiere of
    BATMAN: BAD BLOOD
    Tuesday, January 19 at Paley Center for Media in New York

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Director Jay Oliva, Character Designer Phil Bourassa
    Also Join Festivities to Celebrate Latest DC Universe Original Movie

Yvonne Strahovski, Sean Maher and Travis Willingham will be featured guests when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment presents the world premiere of Batman: Bad Blood at The Paley Center for Media in New York on January 19, 2016.

Director Jay Oliva and character designer Phil Bourassa will join the trio of actors for red carpet interviews and a post-screening panel at the spotlight event to celebrate the release of the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Original Movies.

Strahovski (Chuck, 24, Astronauts Wives Club) makes here DCU animated debut as the voice of Batwoman, while Maher (Firefly, Serenity) returns for his third turn as the voice of Nightwing. Popular voice actor Willingham (Sofia the First, Marvel’s Avengers Assemble) gives voice to The Heretic, a key villain in the film.

All free public seats are now sold out, and any cancellations will be filled from a waiting list of previous RSVPs.

A new video clip spotlighting Batwoman's role in the film was also released wide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Black Mask, too? Nice! And a Talon callback. Grayson read my mind as I watched that clip, lol! Happy to hear Ernie Hudson as Fox in a clip. This universe is getting its sea legs. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice that we're getting so many clips from the movie. The banter between Batman, Robin and Batwoman was pretty cool. The nod to Talon was welcome. And the Fox family scene was interesting too, wonder how they're going to get out of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Ooh, Blockbuster, Black Mask, this movie is already working out well for this thing I'm working on!

15. Srebak

Srebak Member

After seeing the trailer and certain clips, I'm kind of on the fence about this movie.

On one hand; it looks like it has potential, but on the other; certain aspects of it worry me, especially when i think about the last movie.

Also, when i saw a Nightwing related clip on Youtube that had certain cameo in it, my mind basically used it as fuel for me issues with sexist words and thoughts. To be honest, i hate when stuff i like makes me think too much.

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I like seeing Dick in action as Batman and Black Mask is a cool addition, though not sure I'm really digging his design. Maybe given all the other villain designs from Bourassa I was expecting something a little...cooler :sweat:?
    I missed seeing that Dick and Damian banter :D.

Also some interesting stuff between Lucius and Luke :cool:.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Since the first Paley event is this coming Tuesday, I'm pretty sure that's why they released the 3 clips and 2 images.

18. -batmat-

-batmat- Active Member

"I'll drop a note on your launch box"
    haha, that was great. Can't stand Damian, but this movie looks like it could be fun. I didn't really like the previous 2 in this continuity

19. Srebak

Srebak Member

After seeing the trailer and certain clips, I'm kind of on the fence about this movie.

On one hand; it looks like it has potential, but on the other; certain aspects of it worry me, especially when i think about the last movie.

Also, when i saw a Nightwing related clip on Youtube that had certain cameo in it, my mind basically used it as fuel for me issues with sexist words and thoughts. To be honest, i hate when stuff i like makes me think too much.

20. Troy Troodon

Hopefully, for better or worse, this will be the last one and they'll make a movie based on a pre New52 continuity so things will get good again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.