"Batman: Assault on Arkham" Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Rate and Comment on this Home Video Release

1. *****

40.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

40.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

20.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Want to discuss the Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital releases for Batman: Assault on Arkham? Look no further!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Batman: Assault on Arkham Home Entertainment Release
    Studio: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
    Release Date: August 12th, 2014

Synopsis: When the government teams up a group of supervillains with the code name Suicide Squad and forces them to break into Arkham Asylum to bring back top secret information the Riddler has stolen, Batman soon becomes involved. But things go from bad to worse when one of the Squad (Harley Quinn) frees the Joker, who has the means to not only blow up the asylum, but most of Gotham City as well.

Blu-ray Bonus Features:
    -Arkham Analyzed: The Secrets Behind the Asylum – This is the documentary that traces the strange, demonic history of the location where horror is mixed with the extremities of the criminally insane. A place where Batman must keep his watchful gaze, to insure that what goes in does not come out …. ever.
    -The Joker’s Queen: Harley Quinn – If The Joker were to have a girlfriend, what would she be like? This featurette covers the story of the deviancy and often provocative side to The Joker’s greatest ally, Harley Quinn.
    -An advance look into the next DC animated feature film with the creators and cast.
    -Four episodes from the DC Comics Vault.
    -Includes UltraViolet so you can enjoy the film on many different compatible devices.

Single-Disc DVD Bonus Features:
    -An advance look into the next DC animated feature film with the creators and cast.

Discuss these Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital releases!

Note: This thread is to discuss all aspects of the multiple releases of this title, including the home video release and legal download options. Please discuss the feature film in the proper talkback, as linked below.

Related Threads:
    -Batman: Assault on Arkham Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Assault on Arkham Soundtrack Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Arkham Origins Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Arkham Asylum Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Arkham City Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Son of Batman Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Deluxe Edition Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part Two Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part One Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Year One Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Under the Red Hood Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Gotham Knight Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Injustice: Gods Among Us Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The special features were pretty good this time around but I found it jarring there wasn't a feature on the Suicide Squad and the video game series.

The Joker's Queen was neat - looking at Harley's origins then her impact on the comics. Arkham one was a bit too long and meandered. Didn't care for it. 27 minutes was too long.

DC Vault had episodes from 4 different series. Young Justice was probably the most unrelated one. I think the only relevance was Black Spider. Appreciated they used one from The Batman.

I'm a sucker for commentary. Carlin, Tucker and Corson did a great track. Broke down the scenes, pointed out changes or references well, didn't get too sucked into just watching the movie. The talk about the Denzel line and Corson's anecdote during the credits cracked me up.

3. Zentron

Zentron Member

I think instead of calling them 'Extra's, they should renamed 'Stuff DC Animation had lying around and could throw them on the disc for cheap.'

4. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

The most obvious omission is a piece on the Suicide Squad and a retrospective on the Arkham video game franchise. How do such glaring oversights get passed WHV?

I enjoyed what was here, but as always, a little more effort into the features would be appreciated.

5. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

This was a fine collection of special features. A commentary is always appreciated and the three participants definitely had a lively chat.

I also enjoyed both the featurettes, even if the Arkham one was a little creepy. I'm with the others here finding it a tad odd that they didn't give a more in depth analysis on the suicide squad's history or a discussion of the hit videogames.

Hopefully WB start to develop more features about the actual film. Let's see the actors at work, a few storyboards, what about the editing process?

6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

For those who haven't picked this title up on home video, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is re-release Batman: Assault on Arkham on July 12th, 2016 with revised artwork as a tie-in to the upcoming Suicide Squad theatrical film.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. -batmat-

-batmat- Active Member

They should include a special look into Suicide Squad or something. It's just the same disc apparently...

8. Zentron

Zentron Member

It would cost too much to do another disc, but the new cover looks nice... not really worth bothering with, the previous one was just fine, also, this movie was quite a pointless affair anyway, just a money churner, which I guess was the point!

9. Shadow_X

Shadow_X Gotham's Shadow

Hi!

Do any of you know if this new release is going to have a slipcover?? I like my blurays to have slips all the slips for the DC Animated Movies are quite nice :) and if this won't be the exception.

Thanks!