"Batman: Arkham Knight" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. River26

River26 Active Member

On the back of Origins, there will be once again another Arkham game coming.

By Gaming Bolt

source
    Batman Arkham Announcement Set for December 31st « GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog

2. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Oh boy, here comes the yearly Arkham releases. Because that works great for Assassin's Creed & Call of Duty.

3. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

Technically it does work out great for those two as they're among the biggest franchises in games today. Still if it is a new game at least we know that it's been in development for awhile. If it's a RS game that means it's been under wraps probably since AC which was over 2 years ago now with a majority of the next year to go. So hopefully that means it won't be a stupidly rushed game like Origins ended up being. Now it's what WB does after this could be worrying.

The last thing I want is for something special to become routine, I've made it pretty clear that the AC franchise does nothing for me since they've had the exact same game since 2009 with mostly just a new skin and very little else. The base of that franchise isn't very compelling( bad mechanics and awful story ) so while Batman has an advantage for me there, that won't be enough for me in the future. If it is a new game( Im not sure I buy that it is a new game yet making some of my rant a little pointless :D ) I wonder what system it will be for? Or maybe it's just DLC, it's odd that if it is a new game why they would do such a low key way to announce it.

4. River26

River26 Active Member

I hope it comes to PS4/XONE, PS3 and 360 IMO has had their fair share of Arkham games.

5. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Hopefully it's the new Rocksteady game, and hopefully it's for the next-gen consoles. I'm not too excited about Origins DLC.

6. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

The latest hashtag on the Batman Arkham Twitter account suggests that the countdown is Arkham Origins related. Most likely the exclusive content to those who downloaded the season pass.

7. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

So the announcement was....a tease? Bad form guys

8. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Here's another tease from Twitter

It's still disappointing that it is just a tease and not an announcement. It looks like Mr. Freeze will be making an appearance?

9. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I'd rather they announce that the game will be ported to next gen systems. I'd buy it in an instant, but had to pass on it because I was saving up for the Xbox One. I no longer have my 360, so... unless there's a port, I'm never playing this game.

10. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

Seriously who thought teasing something for a week and only revealing two "cryptic" images, one not even an in game screenshot, was a good idea? Once again this seems appropriate. Still at least this time they mentioned it's DLC which is good I suppose. Hopefully it's not buggy as hell like the main game was.

11. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

Considering that the "next gen systems" are still quite new the game might come out for both types of systems. Which I hope since I don't plan to update my system for a little while so any bugs in next gen systems should be dealt with by then.

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

Pretty obvious this is the Origins story DLC that was promised. My guess is that it will be a loose adaptation of Heart of Ice.

13. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

There's also the Azrael storyline that will likely be followed up on in the next game, and Scarecrow would probably also show up.

15. Jinbo71

Jinbo71 New Member

(Game Gets Announced)

Batman Fanboys:
    "OH MAI GAWD! BATMAN IZ DA BEST SUPERHERO EVARRRR! HE IS SO RELATABLE CUZ HE HAZ NOW POWERZZZ! DAY 1 PURCHASE!

True DC Fans:
    [video=youtube;-Gp4U3Bpbl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gp4U3Bpbl4[/video]

16. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

Seeing as tomorrow's episode of DC All Access is supposed to be an all video game-based one, and that there is supposed to be some sort of big surprise announced during, coupled with the fact that the poster that the GameStop employee leaked is supposed to be up on Wednesday, I think it's almost a given that we'll get an announcement tomorrow.

17. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

I'm afraid I don't get this post at all.:sweat:

18. Jinbo71

Jinbo71 New Member

I'm just expressing anger at the announcement of a completely unnecessary sequel that could be used to expand the DC Universe (*cough* Superman *cough*) instead of another stupid Batman game.

19. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I'm sorry, but the idea they should cancel Batman is crazypants. Batman is great. Batman games are great. Batman is not holding any other superhero down. Superman games just have a troubled history, developers are reluctant to dip into that well.

I do think that the Superman game for Xbox 360 got one thing right. The flying and the city. The story, missions, and combat were garbage, but developers would do well to look at the flying in that one.

20. Jinbo71

Jinbo71 New Member

Um... Batman holds every DC Superhero down. Remember Lego Batman 2? (I refuse to add the stupid "DC Superheroes" subtitle, since "Lego Batman 2" is a more appropriate name for such garbage.)

A Superman game could do VERY well if given the right talent. Give Superman a game that lets you feel like Superman, have a ton of his rouges, and have a great, heartwarming story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.