1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman: Arkham City" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ryusuke, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce Active Member

Wrong, wrong, wrong, no mullet AGAIN!! :anime:

Saw footage of the Robin model earlier, he has fingerless gloves, what good is that?

2. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

It means he works out, so that makes sense, judging from the quote earlier about how he participates in "cage fighting to keep on his toes," ugh. Well he better be cool, because he has a number of strikes against him seeing as how NOTHING there is Tim Drake. I know Tim Drake. I've worked with Tim Drake. You sir are no Tim Drake.

One saving grace is that if he WAS an actual MMA fighter then he would instead have completely ridiculous hair or no hair at all. lol :p

Luckily, this game is the biggest superhero release if not game release of all time, otherwise this "exclusive" and "pre-order" nonsense would get tiresome. I pre-ordered from Gamestop cuz I figured what the fudge, I get that extra fighting level, just like I did from the blissful and memorable Arkham Asylum game where I got my Skeleton level where I got myself up to rank number 4 on the PS network (haven't checked it in many months though).

But then I see the commercial for Best Buy and Robin. Now I have to keep up as to when Downloadable stuff is going to be up and about, because I want everything that comes with this game. And even if I did have to pick, I'd want to have Robin in the game.

3. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

4. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Rank 4! That was you!:p I believe the highest I got was 11 but that too was a long time ago. I actually also went through the same thing, I figured that the Joker Carnival pack was the better deal but now I really want Robin. Oh well when it comes out on the PS Store I'll just buy it and Nightwing and costumes then:sweat:

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

Here's the latest trailer
    [video=youtube;h2SsTQpVV7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SsTQpVV7g[/video]

And the latest gameplay footage
    [video=youtube;m6AI604VXqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6AI604VXqE[/video]

Robin trailer
    [video=youtube;0kwJQ_HJc-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kwJQ_HJc-0[/video]

#305 Batman, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
  6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

7. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

8. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So a 100, 97, and two 92's, doing the math that averages to about a 95%. Pretty good. Looking forward to what other places give it, especially Vic Lucas considering how big a Batman fan he is and how much he loved the first game( he's also been very cryptic on twitter ).

As for boss battles, that's just a hurdle that looking at it really would be hard to get over with a character like Batman. His enemies, no matter how awesome, really aren't a physical challenge for the most part and Bats also can't seem too superhuman or it kind of breaks the reality they're trying to convey here. Maybe having less traditional boss fights? But even that can go wrong as they seemed to try that with Croc last time and didn't quite work.

Just don't give me another Titan Joker caliber boss fight( easily the worst ) and I think I'll be good.

9. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

The movie was garbage their is no way on earth, I'm even going to rent this for my brother who hasn't seen it.

In other news

Batman: Arkham City copies available early at Times Square TRU event

The Times Square Toys R Us location will hold an event on Monday, October 17, where 500 copies of Batman: Arkham City will be available a day early.

Here is the press release from Toys R Us:
    THE BAT-SIGNAL SHINES ON TOYS"R"US® TIMES SQUARE DURING LAUNCH OF BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY FROM ****WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT AND ROCKSTEADY STUDIOS

500 Advance Copies Glide Into The World's Greatest Toy Store® On October 17; First 100 Copies to Be Signed During Appearances by Jim Lee, Kevin Conroy and Sefton Hill

WHO:
    Jim Lee, legendary artist and co-publisher at DC Entertainment
    Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and Batman: The Animated Series
    Sefton Hill, Game Director at Rocksteady Studios

WHAT:
    On Monday, October 17, Toys"R"Us® Times Square, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, DC Entertainment and Rocksteady Studios invite gamers to don the cowl of the Caped Crusader when a combined total of 500 copies of Batman: Arkham City for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 become available one day earlier than the game's official U.S. release.

Now through Monday, October 17, the first 100 customers to pre-purchase a copy of Batman: Arkham City for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 through the Personal Shopping Department at Toys"R"Us Times Square will receive a ticket, reserving a copy of the game and granting access to a special signing event where they will have the opportunity to meet and receive autographs from Jim Lee, Kevin Conroy and Sefton Hill.* 400 additional customers can also purchase the game during the event, without a signature.

Toys"R"Us Times Square visitors can also experience activities from 4 – 7 pm on the day of the event, including a special appearance by Batman and Catwoman, who will pose for pictures with customers who bring their own cameras. Visitors will also be able to pose with a statue of Batman, dressed in his Arkham City costume, which will be featured in the store. As a bonus, Rocksteady Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will showcase demos of the game.

MEDIA OPPS:
    Film/Photography elements include:
    * Interviews with Jim Lee, Kevin Conroy and Sefton Hill**
    * Customers purchasing Batman: Arkham City
    * Customers receiving autographs from Jim Lee, Kevin Conroy and Sefton Hill
    * Batman and Catwoman posing with fans
    * Rocksteady Studios interviews and demonstrations of Batman: Arkham City

WHEN:
    Monday, October 17
    Media Call Time: 3:30 pm
    Event Begins: 4 pm

WHERE:
    Toys"R"Us Times Square, Level Three
    1514 Broadway (at 44th Street)
    New York, NY

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/06/batman-arkham-city-copies-available-early-at-times-square-tru-e/

11. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

12. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

It's stupid that all of these costumes come from pre-ordering at different retailers, meaning no one can get them all unless they give us the "privilege" of buying them later. Remember when this stuff was just unlocked by doing well in the game? Why do we stand for this garbage?

13. Shredhead

Shredhead Suck gas evildoers!

Yeah these exclusives are getting ridicules its lame how all these costumes are DLC there's no reason that cant be on the disk. Sadly I don't know how to combat this other then no longer preordering the game or buying the DLC.

14. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Which pre-orders is everyone going for? I think I'm getting the Tesco one here, with the Joker's Fun House level. Although I really want the Robin maps... hmmmm.

15. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I preordered at EB games so I too will be getting the Joker Pack. I thought about ordering the CE that way I also get the Iceberg lounge map and DKR skin but I dont have the scratch right now. I'm not a rewards member so I wont be getting the BTAS skin either but sometimes they can make mistakes so maybe they might accidently slip that in:sweat:. Although I'm starting to wonder if I should have gotten the Robin pack at Best Buy. Speaking of Robin, we have a price and dates for his pack and the skins

http://www.arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6125

The Robin pack falls on my birthday so I'll be getting it then($7 bucks seems ok) but I'm not going to buy the skins pack at that price, unless I fall into some money but I just dont like the idea of buying skins.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

17. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

When it came with pre-orders, I'm going the Best Buy route (with me pre-ordering the LE version). Yes, since I'm a Power Rewards member, I could get the Animated Series skin. However, it was the Robin bundle that sealed the deal for me when it came to which place to pre-order the game at.

18. nowlight

nowlight Member

A week till release and no demo? Anyone know why?

19. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

20. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No clue. Could be any number of things, they just finished the game like 2 weeks ago so maybe they didn't have time, I know they are currently working on DLC so maybe they're too busy, the last time they did a demo there was some people turned off by it so maybe they don't want to hurt their momentum, maybe there will be a post launch demo but I doubt it. I guess they just decided it was better not to release one.

Also the Nightwing pack is officially announced along with pricing and an official pic.

http://www.arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6172

Another $7 huh? Dang wallet is gonna get a whoopin this fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.