"Batman: Arkham City" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ryusuke, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryusuke

Ryusuke SomethingWithTheR

Click on for a teaser

Hmm, it seems to take place in Gotham, rather than the Asylum itself. Hm. The Bat symbol's all crumbling apart, too.

Mod Note: 12/15/09 Update with press release and Quicktime trailer.

2. Comics_the_QB

Comics_the_QB My common sense is tingling

3. SpongeJosh

SpongeJosh A Bold Kid

Yeah, that's a dead giveaway.

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

I hope they add Catwoman, Mr. Freeze and Clayface to the game. I felt cheated they were mention but didn't appear as bosses.

5. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

Best news I've heard today. Arkham Asylum was probably my favorite game of the year and biggest surprise as well. Good to see Joker back too, I like how he's still worse for wear.

Edit:
    I'm also glad Rocksteady is back on it. I know it was a very good possibility they would but sometimes with a property like Batman you never know and the whole merger of Eidos and Square Enix could have become an obstacle. Luckily none of that mattered as they're on it again :D.

6. sdp

sdp God

But will joker get a new VA since hammil apparently retired his joker voice?

7. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

I assume it'll be Hammil. That's his laugh and I always take retirement statements with a grain of salt.

8. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

This reminds me why I need to go back and beat Arkham Asylum. A sequel being made this fast is a surprise to me. I can't even imagine how big the world will be for this, if we're using all of Gotham, even if it in ruins.

9. Ryusuke

Ryusuke SomethingWithTheR

Excuse moi?! When did this happen?!

10. sdp

sdp God

He mentioned it in all the interviews he did for Arkham Assylum. I was hoping that he'd eventually come back to the role but I defintely didn't expect it so soon. Who knows, the trailer might use a sound alike or just re-use one of his laughs from the last game. Counting he doesn't like to do a "dark" joker probably doesn't help things.

11. Vyse

Vyse New Member

From what I remember, Eidos was simply a co-publisher with WB, and was in such a weakened state pre-Squenix that they also allowed WB to co-publish Mini Ninjas. However, with WB acquiring Midway this year along with fully releasing FEAR 2 and Scribblenauts, plus Rocksteady's status as an independent studio, we can expect more from this Batman universe. And, due to the relationship, we may see Squenix release #2 in Japan, just like the first game.

Speaking of, Arkham Asylum is now on my Christmas list. I just hope that the sequel will have Catwoman and Hush. And maybe Jason Todd.

12. CartoonOverlord

CartoonOverlord Head of HATE

I hope that this game actually has more real boss fights, that was one of the few big complaints I had with the original.

13. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

I actually had no problem with the boss fights cept Joker, and even that I didn't mind too much. But I can definitely see why some people didn't like the boss fights. I read an interview with Rocksteady on crispy gamer and they said the boss fights were the last thing they worked on and they were listening to the criticism seriously.

14. Keiichi

Keiichi Prof Lurker

Awesome news. I hope the folks at Rocksteady take their time and produce anouther great game.

15. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

I wound like to see Nightwing, Robin, Superman, and Wonder Woman cameo's in the game and voice by same actor's in the DCAU.

16. Shredhead

Shredhead Suck gas evildoers!

Nope its Mark and not stock footage this was a new laugh since theres a cough in it. Also if you only saw it online and not watching the VGA's at the VGA's Joker did the introduction. You dont see mark onscreen but you hear his voice and I doubt that was a sound alike and if it was that was one helluv sound alike.

17. SaBaWoJuLe

SaBaWoJuLe New Member

BATMAN: ARKHAM HAS MOVED; the story so far on the sequel:

- Joker will be in it, recovering from the events of the first game, with Harley next to him.

Other villains featured in the teaser were:

- Two-Face (Uncle Sam parody poster)

- Penguin (Iceberg Nightclub)

- Black Mask (from the sign saying "SIONIS")

- The location will be Gotham, as the inmates have gone out of control and all over the city (because the events of the first game, so I would guess if there are other villains, the "cameos" from the first game might be clues onto who they might be), in reference to "Arkham Has Moved".

- All of the games featured in the VGA, including this one, all have the same release date: 2010.

18. KCJ506

KCJ506 New Member

Not that I don't believe you, but is there a link that confirms these things?

19. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

You can see most of that by going to the website and watching the trailer.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

I'm so glad their making a Sequel to the best Superhero based video game .:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.