1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman and Robin (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Sep 14, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - "Batman and Robin"

1. *****

20.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

20.0%
  5. ***

20.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

20.0%
  8. *1/2

20.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

A new story-arc begins with Carrie Kelly at the center!

BATMAN AND TWO-FACE #24

[​IMG]

Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

“The Big Burn” part one of five! Two-Face’s first epic in The New 52 sees Batman unraveling the mysterious connections between Harvey Dent’s life and the origin of Carrie Kelley!

Comments?

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

The opening few pages to the comic were really well done. They offered a very nice look into Two-Face's world and the artwork was fantastic. Still outside of that I'm not this first part of the new story was as strong as it could've been. I'll likely give this new arc a go but I've been debating switching to trades on this book for some time. It also seems like they're revamping Two-Face's origin here for the New 52, which is fine. That is what the new universe is supposed to do but it seems a bit needless.

3. James Harvey

What is the connection between Two-Face and Carrie Kelley?

BATMAN AND TWO-FACE #25

[​IMG]

As Two-Face continues his rampage through Gotham City, more light is shed on his past. Who is Carrie Kelley and how can her mysterious connection to Harvey Dent help Batman?

Comments?

4. Wonder Woman

I'm enjoying this arc but I still think the changes to Two-Face's origin are a bit unnecessary. I get that this is the New 52 and they're trying to change things up but there really wasn't anything wrong with his original origin. I have to say that the artwork is really great on this book still. The first few pages that lead up to the half-melted Bat-signal are really well drawn. This book continues to look great and I think it's a bit underappreciated.

5. James Harvey

Can Batman trust Two-Face?

BATMAN AND TWO-FACE #26

[​IMG]

It’s double trouble as Batman investigates Harvey Dent’s past to try to find him in the present—but is he ready to face the dark truth behind Two-Face’s origin?

Comments?

6. Wonder Woman

This arc isn't really blowing me away to be honest, but the solicitation details for an upcoming issue where Batman teams up with Aquaman definitely has my attention. It looks like this book is morphing into a team-up book on the outside, but one that is following the same basic ongoing story of Batman dealing with the loss of Damian. I hope this book isn't one of the ones that will get purged with the rumored line-up changes coming to DC next year.

7. James Harvey

Will Two-Face's secrets destroy Batman?

BATMAN AND TWO-FACE #27

[​IMG]

The origin of Two-Face continues! Batman finds himself in the crossfire of a vengeful war between Two-Face and Erin McKillen! Both are hellbent on killing each other and anyone else who dares to step between them.

Comments?

8. Wonder Woman

It looks like they're trying to fix up Harvey Dent some and not making him just straight up evil. I like that he eventually turns to the good side to help Gordon and Batman. But still so much of this seems unnecessary.

I was close to dropping this title, but the next Justice League-focused arc has my interest again. I like the idea of Gleason drawing the Leaguers.

9. James Harvey

Take a look into the past of The New 52!

BATMAN AND ROBIN ANNUAL #2

[​IMG]

Art by DOUG MAHNKE

A YEAR ONE ADVENTURE OF DICK GRAYSON AS ROBIN! Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson have shared a distinctive crimefighting role: Both have played Batman to a young Robin, so when they discover something important that Damian left behind it leads them to relive one of their first adventures in Gotham City as Batman and Robin!

Comments?

10. Wonder Woman

It was awesome to see Doug Manhke drawing Batman again. Man, this annual was great! The story was nice but it was really nothing special, but the art? Wow I want to see this guy back on a Batman book as soon as possible. A nice story though nothing really crucial to the ongoing Batman stories. It's a nice one-off but nothing more.

11. James Harvey

The conclusion to Two-Face's new origin story!

BATMAN AND TWO-FACE #28

[​IMG]

“The Big Burn” concludes! In the final showdown, Batman, Two-Face and Erin McKillen fight for their lives against Gotham City’s united Mafiosi!

Comments?

12. Wonder Woman

This arc actually ended pretty well though I doubt Two-Face is actually dead. It is cool that he knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne though. That adds a cool angle to the whole situation. Even though DC Comics needlessly revamped the origin for Two-Face here I have a gut feeling that they may introduce a new two-Face in the comics if Dent actually stays dead. And I'm sure it'll be super grim, gritty and gory. Looking forward to the book getting back on the ongoing Robin subplot.

13. James Harvey

The search for Damian intensifies!

BATMAN AND AQUAMAN #29

[​IMG]

Batman is ready to settle the score with Ra's al Ghul, who stole Robin's body out of the grave! As the Dark Knight travels to the island where Damian was born, he's set on a collision course with Aquaman!

Comments?

14. Wonder Woman

So this issue was definitely grotesque but a huge step up from the last Two-Face arc. The Two-Face arc was alright but this issue really took off. I'm really interested to see where this arc goes. It apparently leads into a huge summer Batman event and you can kinda get the idea of what it'll be. All those Damian clones were pretty disgusting to look at. Man, the art in this book is just so good.

15. James Harvey

Go where no man has gone before...Paradise Island!

BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN #30

[​IMG]

The quest for Damian’s remains takes Batman to Paradise Island and into direct conflict with Wonder Woman!

Comments?

16. Wonder Woman

So it looks like this is all leading to a big event for the Bat-books this summer. I'm really interested in what's going to happen if Batman somehow manages to get Damian back. And what is the Chaos Shard?

17. James Harvey

Every step brings him closer to Damian...

BATMAN AND FRANKENSTEIN #31

[​IMG]

“The Hunt for Robin” continues! Batman is on the trail of Ra’s al Ghul in the hope of recovering the stolen bodies of Damian and Talia. But when all leads grow cold, he’ll need to call in help – someone who can go where no Bat has gone before. This looks like a job for...Frankenstein?!

Comments?

18. Wonder Woman

While it was great to see Manhke doing some artwork I found this issue was kind of spinning its wheels. We're getting close to Ra's Al Ghul and the big event around Damian but things seem to be moving a bit slow, likely filling time until things actually start.

19. James Harvey

The hunt is over...

BATMAN AND RA'S AL GHUL #32

[​IMG]

"The Hunt for Robin" concludes! Batman has caught up to Ra's al Ghul, and the battle for the bodies of Talia and Damian begins!

Comments?

20. Wonder Woman

So that was a surprise to see Godfrey at the end of the issue. I wonder what the New Gods have to do with all of this.

I was a great issue and a nice lead-in to the big "Robin" summer storyline. As always, amazing artwork and that face off between Batman and Ra's was incredibly brutal. It looked like Batman was about to do him in but Ra's was saved by that Boom Tube.