1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Batman and Harley Quinn" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This looks like it's going to be a pretty fun and comedic movie, nothing more nothing less. Which I am totally okay with :anime:.

So Harley's a waitress at a Superhero cafe? Interesting (and an excuse to get her into a variant on her New 52 look I see). Kinda odd seeing her call anyone other then Joker "Puddin" though :ack:.

I feel like most of the humor of this movie is going to derive from Harley's antics and Batman's deadpan reactions to said antics, which I'm down for :p.

It's nice to see Batman and Nightwing together, on-top of a reunion with the original DCAU Dynamic Duo :D.

"Put in a good word for me with the parole board." That seems to be implying she's done some things to violate her parole by this point, though I guess probably part of her parole involves not wearing her costume :rolleyes2:...

Melissa Rauch sounds a little different from what I would expect from Harley by this point, but I think it works and still sound enough like "Harley" :harley:.

It's nice to finally get to hear Paget Brewster's Poison ivy. She sounds pretty solid as Pamela ;).

"Dr. Alec Holland?" So Swamp Thing will have a role in this? Or is it just his research o_O?

Action looks surprisingly good :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

If he does then the Movie will have 2 Big Greens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Why is Batman allowed to have separate universe movies while every other movie is set in the shared universe? Doesn't having a shared universe in this line of animated movies defeat the purpose of why it exists in the first place?

4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Why is this PG-13? (of course it said why, but still)

5. Splinter

Splinter Well-Known Member

He means the 4K format, not four separate discs. I was really surprised to see that too. I guess we're moving more into the 4K format.

The movie looks like it could be fun. I will be picking this one up for sure. Even though I haven't seen a confirmation anywhere (I don't like/believe in that headcanon stuff) I will wait until they officially say this is a DCAU movie but it's nice to see the designs back and some familiar voices. Hopefully this one doesn't disappoint and they don't let things get too over-the-top just because they have a looser rating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Justice League: Gods and Monsters wasn't a Batman movie...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

So he did. I'm afraid I misread it.
    Well, it's PG-13, which is pretty standard for the DC Universe animated movies. And Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is rated PG-13 in its uncut version.

• Like Like x 1
    #167 Otaku-sempai, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Not bad. So they're gonna turn everyone into plant hybrid people... not crazy sounding at all. :p

I'm starting to wonder if that guy with them is Alec.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, it's Poison Ivy and the Floronic Man together. Is there any other sensible evil plan for them to come up with :p?

I'm starting to wonder that too, though he looks a little old for Alec o_O.

Then again, once he becomes Swamp Thing I guess his age wouldn't really matter :sweat:.

EDIT 5/29: Warner Bros. on Demand Youtube Channel has a new clip from the movie:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Welp, I can tell the doc and security cop are definitely, Mindy Sterling and Trevor DeVall.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Dick's eyes showing through his mask is kind of distracting :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice to see someone else who confuses Swamp Thing with Floronic Man. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Looks like John DiMaggio will voice Swamp Thing after all, even though Fred Tatasciore in Injustice 2 was the Ideal Swamp Thing.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Straight up dope seeing a retelling of the classic Swamp Thing origin! :D

I loved seeing the photo of Swamp Thing posed as that classic Bigfoot shot. lol.

Good year for Swampy. A guest shot in Justice League Dark and a recurring role on Justice League Action. About time we're seeing him in animation again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

For those having trouble accessing the clip, check it out in the player below:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And that Robot Chicken DC Special if you're not picky :rolleyes2:.

Though I wonder, if they're going so far as to showcase Holland, his origin, and him as Swamp Thing, if he'll actually appear as Swamp Thing in the movie o_O?

17. mrbean1500

mrbean1500 Member

I hope the set with the action figure also has 4k. Would be a shame to have to double dip.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Considering the promotion has been going on since April when the clips and articles came out, I figured the movie would have been released sometime a little after Comic Con, not near the end of August.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has provided press details for the forthcoming Batman and Harley Quinn animated feature. The upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie will hit Digital HD on August 15th, 2017, followed by an Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD release on August 29th, 2017. Complete details - including bonus content information, artwork and more - can be found at The World's Finest or by clicking the image below.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    #179 James Harvey, May 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2017
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Figures a Harley Quinn movie would have a documentary about Harley and her rise in popularity and pop culture ;).

I never would have thought they'd give Loren Lester his own bonus feature chronicling his tenure as Dick Grayson...not that I mind though :D.

Well so much for hoping we'd get to know what the next movie is, given they include the sneak peek in the description but not what it's about. Though I guess I can understand not wanting to spoil it :sweat:.

"Harley and Ivy" and "Harley's Holiday" seem very fitting to attach to this movie :anime:.

• Like Like x 2