1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman '66 (2013 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Jul 17, 2013.

?

"Batman '66" - Rate and Comment on this DC Comics title!

1. *****

75.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

25.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Exactly. This comic is basically a reprint of the digital online comic so I don't see this bursting in value like a typical Harley comic. Maybe a few bucks but it's not going to explode. Buying upwards of 12 copies is just going to leave you with a handful of comics that'll eventually cost you more to get rid of than what you paid for them. That said, I'm looking forward to the issue. I was tempted to download it off iTunes but with the comic coming out in just a bit I can wait until then. I just wish DC would push up how they release their TPB and HCs.

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Just because Marble rushes TPBs out after story arcs are completed doesn't mean everyone else should, too.

OBTW, Killer Croc, or a variation of same, apparently will finally debut in the issue coming out in October.

3. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

I wish they would introduce some villains that appeared in the late 50's/early 60's comic stories.
    Quite a few can have easily shown up on the TV series.
    SIGNALMAN.
    CALENDAR MAN.
    PROF. MILO.
    MIRROR MAN.
    The CAVALIER.
    DR. DOUBLE X.

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Will Harley be redeemed like the other female accomplices, or will she be a recurring foe for the Dynamic Duo?

BATMAN '66 #25

[​IMG]

WRITER: Jeff Parker
    ARTIST: Lukas Ketner

Driven mad by the Clown Prince of Crime’s “Joker Wave,” The Joker’s former prison doctor enters the Caped Crusader’s Rogues Gallery as The Harlequin! Then, a team of Batman’s greatest enemies takes over an advertising agency to create a new public image for themselves. But the agency has a new temp working for them…none other than Barbara Gordon, young daughter of Gotham City’s police commissioner!

Comments?

Preview for this month's issue:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/batman-66-25-dc-comics-2015

Batman '66
    is released digitally first and can be read/downloaded here at Comixology:
    Batman '66 Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology

5. hobbyfan

Harlequin's debut should've/could've/would've been a book-length story. The ending felt contrived and rushed. Backup feature was better (Thank you, Ty Templeton) by a mile.

6. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

MIRROR MAN? Isn't he related to Flash villian MIRROR MASTER?

7. hobbyfan

Not sure about Milo being a pre-TV villain. Of the others, Mirror Man is too obscure to be used, and would be confused with Mirror Master.

8. Road to Gotham

Prof Milo 1st appearance was DETECTIVE COMICS #247, 1957.

As for issue #25.
    Harley Quinn story was OK. I did get a laugh when B&R were ejected from the Batmobile.
    2nd story was interesting in that Barbara was able to defeat the villains without a fight.
    Plus beautiful artwork by Ty.

9. rggkjg1

10. Wonder Woman

Pretty sad news. I like that the last issue had a great Batgirl story which seems a little extra special now. It was a great issue but I definitely liked the Batgirl story over the Harley one.

11. rggkjg1

I hope they do some kind of tribute story or issue before the year is out.

12. rggkjg1

Is a Harley and Ivy team-up on the way?

BATMAN '66 #26

[​IMG]

ARTIST: Lukas Ketner

Can it be? Is Louie the Lilac really pushing up daisies? Batman's investigation of the criminal's apparent demise leads him to the abandoned Isley Nursery. But it's a floral trap that awaits the Dynamic Duo as they encounter a new villainess, the one and only Poison Ivy!

Comments?

Batman '66 is released digitally first and can be read/downloaded here at Comixology:

13. hobbyfan

I bet people have forgotten that Ivy flirted with Batman in her early appearances. This was good stuff. I'd just as soon have Templeton and/or Allred doing interiors again.

14. Road to Gotham

Good intro for POISON IVY into the 66 Universe.
    Although the southern drawl was a bit annoying.

I see in latest DC comic solicitations there is going to be a BATMAN 66/Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    crossover mini-series.

Also found out the BATMAN 66 #30 is the finale issue.
    "Holy untimely endings. Batman!"
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

#134 Road to Gotham, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  15. rggkjg1

I recently wondered when (and even IF) the series was going to end. I am honestly surprised because after all it is a BATMAN title, and DC will continue to find ways to cram BATMAN down our throats.

For now, I can't believe this is the end. It has to be a "break". Batman '66 has to return in 2016. How else is DC going to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the TV show?

16. hobbyfan

Good point. I would think they'd carry the series into the new year for the 50th anniversary of the show, which is coming in January, but nope. They'd rather roll the dice on a pop culture crossover. Maybe if this works, next Batman will meet a certain bumbling secret agent and his girlfriend (later wife)..........

17. Wonder Woman

The 50th anniversary is literally in January right? It would be ridiculous for DC Comics to cancel this comic the month before Batman celebrates its 50th. Even though there is still a mini-series I'd like to think that DC Comics would maybe be relaunching this book in January or maybe releasing a special that ties into the 50th anniversary.

After Batman Adventures (the original one and the one done by Dan Slott) and Injustice, Batman '66 has been one of the best tie-in comics DC Comics has ever done and it would be a shame to end it so early especially when there is a lot of potential left.

18. rggkjg1

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

BATMAN '66 #27

[​IMG]

ARTIST: Scott Kowalchuk

Riddle me this: What kind of ring isn’t round? A wrestling ring, of course. This issue, Batman finds himself in the middle of a rigged contest. The Caped Crusader pursues The Riddler south of the border and encounters half of a terrifying tag team: the masked menace known only as Bane! All this, and Batgirl too!

Comments?

Preview for this month's issue:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/batman-66-27-dc-comics-2015

Batman '66 is released digitally first and can be read/downloaded here at Comixology:

19. Wonder Woman

A fun issue, one I actually didn't plan on picking up but changed my mind when I saw the nice "In Memory" page DC included at the end of the comic. Really classy and nicely done.

20. rggkjg1

[​IMG]

Yours truly attended Baltimore Comic Con this weekend and of course I met Jeff Parker. I asked him what the plans are after the cancelation and he said that along with The Man From UNCLE, there's going to be a mini series team up with The Avengers. He clearly said that Batman '66 is not over, and it will continue on as mini series' instead of being monthly. He's also looking to continue doing more villains that never appeared on the show.