1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Batman #608 - 619 "Hush" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by James Harvey, Oct 23, 2002.

?

Rate and Comment on "Hush"

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

Someone hasn't been watching the news ticker very closely... *Tsk tsk* :p ;)

Follow the link.

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Agh...that's what I get for logging on to http://forums.toonzone.net instead of http://www.toonzone.net each morning. Thanks for the link, Clayface. :p

I gotta say though, while it's sad Brubaker is leaving, I don't blame him for being jaded by all the "events" that kept happening a few years ago. And so many of them were so horrible, too. Here's hoping that the new 'TEC writer is just as good as Brubaker was - he was a great surprise out of nowhere a few years back, and it's definitely possible it can happen again.

At least CATWOMAN and GOTHAM CENTRAL are in good hands. Love those books. :)

-Tim

3. Nick K.

Nick K. Active Member

Sorry this is late but I hadnt learned of this forum yet.

Hush was amazing and i loved the last issue!

Batman shouldve beat the u know what out of riddler even more! I loved how he has riddler beat on the whole r'as thing and also how a riddle isnt good if every1 knows the answer!

When Catwoman said Hush i gasped for air, so freakin great!

I definitely cant wait for Jim Lees handling of Superman!

4. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

well, since this thread resufaced, i figured i should respond to this, since i meant to back when i read it...

um, no, its not all in the books. your explaination is a stretch, as was the whole story, AND, it is impossible that the riddler approached tommy with the lazerous pitts knowledge to save his dying mother, because, it says in one of the issues, that bruce was training abroad when tommy's mother died. soooo, if your explainaton is correct, then the riddler knew batman's identity before batman was ever created, and had access to the lazerous pitts before batman even knew about them. thats not an explaination for why they hooked up, so find another one, if you can actually make any kind of sense out of this terrible story. anyway, i dont mean to be harsh, but the whole story was kind of silly. peace.

5. staticblue

staticblue Active Member

Whats up with...(Hush Spoilers)

Ok, before I get any smart alec remarks about my question, Im going to say it outright. Ive been out of comics for about 2 years (college takes up a lot of time) Im going to try to get back in pretty soon. I have been hearing alot about this Hush storyline and such, and I had a friend tell me that one of his friends read a batman comic that had jason todd returning. I shrugged it off as the guy making a mistake, but today i go to the store, and I pick up a toy fare magazine, and they have a headshot of a Jason Todd action figure, with a different robin suit I guess (there was an R on the collar) and they said something like "straight from the Hush storyline..." so can someone tell me whats the deal with jason todd coming back to life. (if you dont want to spoil anything for anyone you can put all the info in blackout and I can highlight it. I dont want to spoil anything for someone who might be considering collecting the saga)

p.s. and what did two face have to do with this? I heard he was the main villian?

6. Cyporiean

Cyporiean lvl 99 Otaku

And I have a question of my own in relation to JT and the end of the storyline..

Really Big Spoiler

7. randomguy

randomguy Came, liked Ike, and left.

To Galvatron: I belive that's just one of those lingering mysteries that "Hush" left behind. Others include when Harvey is gonna go crazy again and why the hell the Huntress is wearing that outfit.

8. Eddie G.

Eddie G. Former Wolf/Writer.

Hopefully one day Bruce will track down Jim Lee and have vengence for what he did to his fellow crime fighter.

9. staticblue

staticblue Active Member

Thanks for the clear up people, I thought I was going crazy for a second. I think I have an answer for the corps questions though. (I dont know if this would count as a spoiler or not, but someone might want to cover my tracks if they feel it is)

During the batquake saga, I remember a story of a boy and a girl going into an old rundown building that turns out to be the Jokers old hideout. The eventually find a trophy case with JT's corps inside, and at the bottom there is a plate with the ingraving "the day I won".

from there on, I dont know what happened to it, I got out of comics and now im trying to reintegrate back into the fold

10. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

Jim Lee actually went to the DC Comics' Batman message boards and shared a few scenarios of his as to why he used the less sensible costume and let the fans decide which answer appealed to them. You can find a copy of it here.

11. kid_flash

kid_flash Speedy Teen

Having read Lee's explanation for the change in Huntress' outfit...it was still the worst decision in a series of very bad decisions made in the course of creating the tragedy that was "Hush" (tragedy, of course, because of its existance...not so much any "great drama")

12. ArtificialIdiot

ArtificialIdiot Doktor Aies

Batman: Hush

I just read one part of Hush in Batman: Legends and seeing as I dropped in literally half way (or more?) though the story, I was curious as to if there was any way to get the complete story.

I tried Amazon, but it's a two parter there and the pricing is rather steep. So, was there ever a one part edition produced? Or does it stay as two volumes?

(btw, I'm from the UK, in case that complicates things :p)

13. Marvel_Knight

Marvel_Knight Ahh, dammit

Sorry, it's always gonna be in two parts. You could get more issues of Batman: Legends. You get more stories besides Hush. Sorry.:confused:

14. EJill34

EJill34 Member

Theyr'e releasing them as two paperbacks, if that helps. At least it won't be as expensive as the hardcovers.

15. ArtificialIdiot

ArtificialIdiot Doktor Aies

Ah well, it was worth asking :)

And yeah, I do plan to get more of Batman: Legends. It's the first actual Batman comic I've found since the one they based on the Animated Series (which I haven't seen in years.. can't even find any of my old ones :()

I saw the paperback for voulme one, I think. I might invest in those some day.

Anyway, thanks for the help :)

16. Now Light

Now Light Guest

newbe question about Hush

Ive read a few batman comics back in the 80's when i was a kid and i remember one of my issues in which Bruce remembers or saw the jason robin die or some thing like that. Now ive seen alot of news about hush and i want to know who he is? Can anyone give me a link or a good review on the hush mini-series?

Thanks

17. EJill34

EJill34 Member

Well, this should probably go on the Comic Book Culture forum, but to answer your question...Hush is most likely
    It's pretty much set in stone, but you never know. Look to the current Gotham Knights arc (#50-55) for more information on Hush. Back issues shouldn't be hard to find.

18. Robin

Robin Guest

A trade of the first 6 parts to Huish comes out this week and a second trade with the last 6 issues comes out in October. That would be a good way to get caught up on the story.

19. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

I read the first half of this at Bordersd today and couln't put it down. It is what I expected and I loved the scene where Batman almost murders the joker.Very dramatic with the flashbacks.
    And Barb Gordon, I KNOW what you are talking about.Bruce looked so fine! Oh I was starring at him there.I love this look of his,way better than other ones I've seen so far! He looks GORGEOUS!WOW!JUST WOW! His characterization also had a touch vulnerability to it.Very effecting and overall appealing! Lucky selina she gets to kiss dear Brucey!

Speaking of that...The Selina/Bruce thing seemed forced to me,but maybe that's because I haven't read Volume one yet. Catwoman came off as almost TAMED!!!

But...I adore the Bruce artworks here!

20. shany94a

shany94a Malfunctioning Unit

Seeing Harley Quinn was great - I really liked her look in this issue, as she was daffy yet dangerous. Hopefully she'll be back before too long.