1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman (2016 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Jun 15, 2016.

?

Batman - Rate and comment on this comic title!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

It's a whole new era for the legendary Batman!

BATMAN #1

[​IMG]

NOW SHIPPING TWICE MONTHLY!
    Written by TOM KING
    Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and MATT BANNING

“I AM GOTHAM” Chapter One! No one has ever stopped the Caped Crusader. Not The Joker. Not Two-Face. Not even the entire Justice League. But how does Batman confront a new hero who wants to save the city from the Dark Knight?

Discuss the Batman comic series!

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

3. James Harvey

Batman and Catwoman hit a major turning point in their relationship. News has already spread about what happens in this issue...

BATMAN #24
    [​IMG]

Writer: Tom King
    Artwork: Clay Mann

"Aftermath"! Gotham City is at peace...but a war is coming. Armed with the terrifying knowledge gained from the mysterious button, Batman prepares for the coming storm by making a proposition to one of his enemies-one that will change everything for the Dark Knight and his allies!

...so, what are your thoughts about the events of this issue?

4. rggkjg1

So what? Thanks to everyone who don't read the comic, but somehow think this will be worth something, rushing out and buying every copy, I know when I get mine at my shop this will end up being another headache. I can understand the appeal and possible potential if this was the Joker proposing to Harley Quinn (I'd still be annoyed at everyone buying every copy up), but I can't understand what is in this issue for everyone to jump the gun on it. I also don't understand why (once again) the contents of a comic book are spoiled the day before it's released.

If this is the only time in Batman's history he's proposed to Catwoman (or vice versa), I'd be shocked. There has to already be a handful of stories somewhere (be it imaginary or legit) involving Catwoman and Batman being married, getting married, or married but divorced.

5. James Harvey

Previews reports Batman #24 is rushing back to press for a second print, which will hit shelves on June 21.

6. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

First, there's no reason to be rude. Second, it's not the comic store's job to keep copies for you. You want a copy of an issue, add it to your pull list or call and ask one be put aside for you. Simple enough. If you miss it due to whatever reason, it's on you and no one else. Third, this was a great issue. The cliffhanger is big, of course, but everything that came before it was a great look at Batman, how he looks at himself, and drops some heavy hints at where the book could be going. It's hard to say if DC will actually go through with this but I like that right no, with how things are going at DC, there's a real chance.

7. rggkjg1

"So what?" is in response to Bruce proposing. I seriously don't see what the big deal is, regardless if the issue is spoiled before it comes out or everyone buys every copy in hopes of it being worth something. Batman is on my pull list, and has been for years. But things happen sometimes, and with my luck, when things happen, it would be during a situation like this. Surprisingly my store had a few copies left of both covers which I was able to secure for myself.

The mythos has pretty much made it clear that Catwoman is "THE ONE" for Batman, and Batman is "THE ONE" for Catwoman. At most, maybe it is about time/finally someone proposed. Whether they actually do get married (and if it lasts or doesn't), or Catwoman says no, they are both going to be "THE ONE" for each other for many many more years to come. I don't see Batman proposing being any kind of major shake up, and because this is comics, I wonder if this is just going to end up being a short lived gimmick.

In the very end, I'm sure this is all in response to Flashpoint Thomas Wayne telling Bruce that he want's him to be happy and that he doesn't have to be Batman.

8. rggkjg1

I haven't been too fond seeing the Riddler become a more "violent" character (Gotham, and now here). I'm sure it's an attempt to make him appear a more threatening character, but I don't think it really fits for him. And because it seems like every other villain has their own similar violent traits or actions. If the Riddler is going to be more violent, I'd rather it be in a more indirect way (something like if a riddle isn't solved in time, he presses a button and something blows up, victim falls through a trap door, etc).

9. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that Catwoman said yes! I wish this Riddle/Joke arc was shorter but it was fine. I'm just glad she said yes and I can't wait to see where they go next with it. With issue #50 not to far off I could see that being the wedding issue.