1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batman (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - "Batman"

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

33.3%
  3. ****

16.7%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Bruce Wayne and James Gordon find themselves in the clutches of a deadly new threat!

BATMAN #46

[​IMG]

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by GREG CAPULLO and DANNY MIKI

At last, Batman comes face to face with Gotham City’s deadly new villain, Mr. Bloom. With the fate of the city hanging in the balance, Batman reaches out to the one man who might be able to help him: Bruce Wayne!

Comments?

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

A good issue but it felt like a little bit of a placeholder. This week's Batman & Robin Eternal was easily the better Batman comic between the two. Still it was pretty solid and Mr. Bloom remains a very frightening villain. An interesting cliffhanger and the subplot with Duke has me intrigued, too.

3. James Harvey

The latest Batman story-line hits a major turning point this month!

BATMAN #47

[​IMG]

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

While Jim Gordon is in the fight of his life against Mr. Bloom, Bruce Wayne discovers a shocking secret about his past that will change everything in Gotham City!

Comments?

4. Wonder Woman

Wow! That was such a great issue! Bruce Wayne is recovering his memories with the help of Duke! Gordon is doing great as Batman! Multiple Dr. Blooms and, on the last page, the Joker is back! So much happened here! Man, Snyder really knows how to turn everything around with just one issue.

I hope the rumors of DC looking for a new creative team on the book isn't true.

5. James Harvey

Is Bruce Wayne on the road back to becoming the Dark Knight once more?

BATMAN #48

[​IMG]

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Mr. Bloom’s seeds have grown into an army that may turn all of Gotham City against its new Batman. Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne meets a mysterious stranger who could start a chain of events no one can stop.

Comments?

6. Wonder Woman

The best issue of Batman since issue #44. That conversation between Bruce and the Joker was fantastic and played to all of Snyder's strengths. He really gets these characters and just how layered and complex they are. My only gripe is Snyder's take on Alfred, which seems a bit off compared to how he's usually handled. I don't think he would've let Bruce forget his life as Batman so quickly, and the finale it was a bit vague on whether or not he knew it was Bruce banging down that door. But still, things are about to get crazy, it seems...

7. James Harvey

The final fate of Bruce Wayne!

BATMAN #49

[​IMG]

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by YANICK PAQUETTE

It is time. Bruce Wayne has reclaimed his true past as Batman. Now he must descend into the cave and face what he once was. Can he truly leave behind a life free from the pain and anguish of the Bat? Can he plunge once more into the madness and purpose that once consumed him? In this special, thrilling issue, watch as the fate of Bruce Wayne, and Batman, is decided once and for all.

Comments? Are you enjoying the "Superheavy" arc so far?

8. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

9. Wonder Woman

A really great issue. I loved the different interpretations of Batman that Bruce saw as he tried to regain his knowledge of how to be Batman. While I don't exactly agree with what Snyder is saying - that Bruce Wayne has to die for Batman to live - I did think this opens up for a more lighter take on the character going forward hopefully. I thought it was great that Julie Madison also knew all along that Bruce Wayne was Batman and that she was the one to help Bruce reclaim the knowledge he needed to be Batman. With Snyder and Capullo only having two more issues I am going to really miss them on this comic. That art by Paquette in this issue was a great choice as this issue had a definite Morrison/Batman Inc vibe to it with all the different Batmen we saw.

10. James Harvey

The double-sized conclusion to "Superheavy" is here as Snyder and Capullo wrap up their last mega-epic Batman storyline!

BATMAN #50

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Batman has returned to Gotham City! In this extra-sized conclusion to Snyder and Capullo’s epic story "Superheavy," Bruce Wayne returns to the cape and cowl to battle Mr. Bloom alongside Jim Gordon for the fate of the city they both love.

Comments?

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hm, new costume. Minimal use of yellow. Not bad.

12. shany94a

shany94a Malfunctioning Unit

Good issue, brought back the true Batman while not cutting Jim Gordon out entirely. Gotham needs them both.

13. Wonder Woman

The new costume is good but I'm not a fan of how the cape connects to the top of the shoulders or the belt. I assume the design will shift and change a little as each new artist takes their swing at it. It seems like they've eased back a little on the armor aspect of it and have made it more of a proper suit which I like. Those damn knee guards are still there though. The story itself was excellent and I'm glad it made the case for why Gotham needs both Batman and Commissioner Gordon not as one person but working together. And Mr. Bloom has been such a fantastic character for the entire run and he was again just a great foil here. Lots of great moments and the extra epilogue was nice too. I'm really gonna miss this team after they wrap up next issue.

14. James Harvey

The final issue of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's highly-acclaimed run on DC Comics' flagship title! It's a fantastic read - do not miss it!

BATMAN #51

[​IMG]

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Batman has battled everything from the Court of Owls to Mr. Bloom to the Joker, but how does he handle a quiet night in Gotham City…?

What did you think of Batman #51? Is it a fitting conclusion to Snyder and Capullo's epic run on Batman?

15. Wonder Woman

A perfect wrap to what's been a fantastic run. I love that it ends up that mother nature itself was this issues big threat. It allowed Snyder to touch upon his entire run on the book and do some nice callbacks. I will really miss this creative team. Capullo's artwork was beautiful and he draws Batman's costume the best, easy. This comic was such a great love letter to Batman and Gotham and I loved all the moments that felt so classic, like Gordon and Batman's meeting on the rooftop, and getting to see a lot of the Batman bad guys again. While I like the next creative team coming on the book Snyder and Capullo were really something special and the fact that we got such a long run from them was amazing. A perfect wrap to whats been a great run.

16. James Harvey

"The New 52" era of Batman comes to an end, just in time for "Rebirth" ...

BATMAN #52

[​IMG]

Written by JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

Echoes from Batman's past ripple out into Gotham City's future…

Thoughts on Batman #52? Discuss this comic!

17. Wonder Woman

There's really no need for this issue but it would be crazy for DC to go a month without publishing an issue. It was actually a pretty nice issue and a nice quiet look at Batman. The art was a bit rough at time but actually served the story really well. Last month's issue was the definite end to this series and this just feels like something published for the heck of it. It's not a bad story but it feels like the old inventory stories comics would publish when the main creative team fell behind. It doesn't really have an impact on anything at all but still offers a good read.