1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batgirl" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Yes, yes.. It was relevant because the discussion had turned to the likelihood of Affleck's Batman appearing in the Batgirl movie.

Anyway, Gail Simone's run could be used as the starting point. And the story could still be more closely based on the Batgirl of Burnside.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I thought the New 52 version meant Burnside Batgirl, but it seems it's actually Gail Simone's version. The Burnside version could be great for a movie, but I guess that's not what we're getting.

It’s unclear how much of that series, written by Gail Simone, will be incorporated into Whedon’s film, but sources tell EW the movie will follow Simone’s harder-edged storyline rather than the more comical, playful “Batgirl of Burnside” series that was rebooted in 2014

Either way, I'm getting tired of these announcements. A Batgirl movie sounds cool with the first MCU alumni moving to the DCEU and a big one at that with Joss Whedon. So far it's just been announcements of spin-offs and other movies, but there are more announcements or projects in the works than movies with actual release dates. On top of that, the DCEU has been divisive and I'd rather see them actually improve (hopefully with Wonder Woman and Justice League) than keep announcing more movies.

Either Batgirl and all the other projects will come out years from now or they'll be released pretty close to one another likely over-saturating the market. I like this announcement, but I want this to be the last one. Show us you can make movies that more people like rather than the current three movies' varying responses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm...I'm wondering if they're looking to cast the rest of the Sirens, Dick, and Barbara in a timely fashion so they can be introduced into the DCEU before their actual solo or team movies....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4/19: Joss Whedon confirmed he doesn't have anyone in mind for the role yet.

4/20: More comments from Whedon and how it happened.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was legit about to post all that, so kudos :p.

I guess if there was one word I would think encompasses Batgirl, any Batgirl, "Driven" would definitely be one of them :cool:.

I also guess it's good that it sprung naturally from talks between Whedon and WB (I'm assuming) rather then "we need a Batfamily movie, get Joss Whedon" :sweat:.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Katherine Langford is rumored to be the front runner. Supposedly Whedon asked for concept art of several actresses.
    • Elle Fanning (Neon Demon/Live By Night)
    • Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel)
    • Bella Throne (Shake It Up!)
    • Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why),
    • Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers)
    • Jane Levy (Don't Breathe)
    • Emma Roberts (Scream Queens)
    • Haley Lu Richardson (Split/Edge Of Seventeen)
    • Naomi Scott (Power Rangers)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I take all of the above with a grain (or three) of salt. That list might be completely spurious, though it would be surprising if none of those actresses are actually considered for the role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator