1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batgirl (2000 - 2006)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Dec 20, 2001.

?

Discuss the comic and leave a rating!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

I recommend it. I didn't have the comic book guy add this to my file because I wasn't sure if I would like it. I took a look at the art and was impressed. The story looked good.

The last Secret Files I bought was during Last Laugh and it was horrible. So I was hesitant to pick this one up. I have no problems with the normal art crew on the Batgirl title, but I do however like this crew better.

2. Gotham Knights '68

Gotham Knights '68 Gotham's Finest

Yeah...I've been enjoying Phil Noto's covers on B-O-P. The lead story was really your basic "Secret Files #1" story where Oracle is going through her information on the history of Cassandra while following her in current time - The story and art were both very well done and I really liked the story - I highly recommend if you've missed out on the first 25 or so issues of Batgirl and would like a good 101 lesson!

Chase story was a cool follow-up to the Shiva Butt-whoppin'

Batgirl vs Batgirl was EXCELLENT - short, but exactly to the point of how Cassandra vs Babs would be!!!

I can't wait for BATGIRL - YEAR ONE ;)

3. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #30 talkback with preview (spoilers)

Writer Chuck Dixon (BIRDS OF PREY, Crux) steps in for a 3-issue arc! A Roman military cult, whose origins stretch all the way back to the legions of ancient Rome, is assassinating prominent Gothamites. Why? That’s what Batgirl aims to find out. But when her investigation leads her head-on into Connor Hawke, will there be a martial arts dream team-up or a titanic tussle?

[​IMG]

4. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #31 talkback *(spoilers)*

The second issue of a 3-part story penned by Chuck Dixon and guest-starring Robin and Spoiler! We follow Batgirl and Green Arrow Connor Hawke as they try to stop Agrippina and her Roman Legion cult from killing another of the group’s own members: Jack Drake, father of Robin!

[​IMG]

5. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

I might as well start this rolling. I don't like to give a lot of things away before others have posted, but I'll tell you this. Another well written issue of Batgirl. This story seems to have promise. I'm not a big Arrow fan but he didn't bother me much. The best part was the end when my girl showed up. :) hahaha can't wait to see the one liners with her and Batgirl next issue.

6. LiquidXIR

LiquidXIR Member

Art was excellent as always, this book would just not be right without Scott. While I hope we get to see what Agrip can actually DO next issue.

Something just lacks from this arc to me though, not enough story maybe? I'm not really sure just kinda seems like *poof* villian, "club", killing club members Enter:BG and guest star GA for fun.

Oh well next issue does look interesting though. More whacky Spoiler antics ;)

7. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

I think this storyline of stopping assasins fits Batgirl perfectly. I can't wait for Spoiler to get involved

8. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #32 talkback (spoilers)

Written by Chuck Dixon; art by Damion Scott and Wade von Grawbadger; cover by Scott and Robert Campanella
    It's an all-star DCU issue, as Batgirl joins forces with Robin, the Spoiler and GREEN ARROW's Connor Hawke to find Eddie Fyers. But even if they can locate Connor's longtime partner, can they save him, and the world, from the diabolical Agrippina and her Roman Legion cult?

BATMAN | FC, 32pg. $2.50

[​IMG]

9. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Is she or isn't she dead? I'll guess you'll have to buy the issue to see what I'm talking about

I liked this issue. I just wish they'd get someone new to draw the girl's faces.

Comic quote of the month

Green Arrow "She's really different"

Spoiler "She's weird"

Robin "Spoiler!"

Spoiler "In a nice way"

Next panel

Green Arrow "I mean she's different from you and Batman and Nightwing"

Robin "She has a lot of issues..."

Spoiler "Yeah like ebay has a lot of auctions."

10. Kathy Kane

Kathy Kane Captain Jack Harkness

I like that quote but the one that got me was the one on the Cover "We came, We saw, We kicked your butt" Straight off of Ghostbusters, but good none the less. :)

I thought the ending was good, with Tim finding the staff.
    And I like it when Batgirl teams up with other people in the DCU not just the Bat-Family.

11. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Who would you like to see her team up with in an upcoming issue?

This was a nice two parter and I don't really like the Green Arrow at all. I'm happy with it.

12. LiquidXIR

LiquidXIR Member

Perhaps Cass might have a recuring villian? Even though she really only had a souped up cattle prod...

13. Gotham Knights '68

Impressive, most impressive...

Pleasantly surprised. Then again, not really 'cause this book is awesome ;) I really liked the coloring in this issue. Great dialogue between Connor, Spoiler and Robin :D Loved the end with Batman meeting with Cassandra going over the events of her latest case. Very good stuff!!!! And ya can add another to Cassandras Rouge Gallery ;)

14. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Unless DC does the unexpected and lets her die in the fire

15. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Great issue, great wrap-up to this story. As to who I'd like to see Cass team up with, I'd say Huntress maybe. Seeing as how Cass is wearing the costume Huntress pretty much came up with... it'd be intresting...

16. Kathy Kane

Kathy Kane Captain Jack Harkness

Ya know I think I'd like to see her interact with a few teams, like the Young Justice or the New JL team, I wonder how she'd get along with Nightwing or Hawkgirl.
    Also it would be cool to see her hang out with Jonnny Thunder and Star, kids her own age but also in the big leagues.
    Maybe the West coast Titians, with Changeling and Flame bird, a change of pace.

17. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Cassie is too dark, too good of a character for Young Justice. They would water her down. I kind of like her to stay on her own like Batman. She couldn't be what Batman is to the JLA, so I think she should stay out.

I like the idea of the Huntress teaming with Batgirl. That could be good.

18. Gotham Knights '68

I'll second that...

A Huntress Team-up would be very cool. Excellent comment regarding the costume Trent!!! Could really make for an interesting story ;)

19. Gotham Knights '68

Only in the DCU...

Even if she did die, Dc'd have some "Out" to bring her back to life, sound familiar??? :rolleyes:

20. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Yeah beware the out clause