1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Batgirl (2000 - 2006)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Dec 20, 2001.

?

Discuss the comic and leave a rating!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Discuss the ongoing Batgirl series from DC Comics!

BATGIRL

[​IMG]

Written by KELLEY PUCKETT and SCOTT PETERSON
    Art by DAMION SCOTT

Trained from childhood by a notorious assassin, Batgirl has the ability to sense her opponents’ moves before they happen. But when an attempt to “fix” Batgirl’s inability to speak robs her of this sixth sense, she must train with original Batgirl Barbara Gordon to regain her former prowess and live up to Batman’s expectations.

Comments?

2. JL Man

JL Man The King has returned!

Batgirl #23 was my first venture into the non-animated spinoff comics in a while. It was pretty cool. I can't stand the wait for Shiva! Didn't she train Bruce after Bane broke his back? Anyway, post your opinions on the comics here. :bosko:

3. Dub

Dub BOB-OMB!

I like the new Batgirl for some reason. Theres just something oddly appealing about a character who doesnt talk. She's got thier...weird charm about her :)

4. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

The book did start to lag during the teen issues. However, for the past couple months it started to get good again, as it went back to a focus on Batman and Oracle as well as Batgirl. Frankly, I don't think she could carry a book all by herself. And Scott's art has really improved over the last 2 years.

5. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #28 talkback (spoilers)

Not a bad issue. I like the art of this book. I'm just not crazy on what the girl's faces look like. The Spoiler abuse continues. Just when you think Spoiler will be appearing more it looks like she'll be stuck back in Robin. Not to spoil too much of the story. Spoiler is one of the characters I like a lot when she is used correctly. The story of this book is improving greatly. They are actually building Cassie's character now.

6. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #29 talkback (spoilers)

Batgirl #29 is part of the "Bruce Wayne: Fugitive" storyline. For the last few months in the various Batman-related books, members of the Batsquad have uncovered tiny clues regarding the murder of Vesper Fairchild. Tonight, they piece them together by recreating the crime, with Nightwing playing the role of the killer and Batgirl, the victim.

7. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Let me start the action. This was another well written issue of Batgirl. Once again Batgirl maintains itself in the Murder storyline and not just filler junk.

The story is about Batgirl and Nightwing working together to find out who killed Vesper. Nightwing and Oracle keep saying Batman could have done it. Batgirl proves them wrong.

Now the group is ready to find the real killer and the story leads nicely into the next issue of Gotham Knights.

8. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Agreed, this was a great issue. This series is awesome, and it's tie-in to the fugitive storyline was just as good. The cover... I've got no words for it, it's that good...

9. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

The cover was incredible. The image of Nightwing holding a gun to Batgirl had to pull in readers. The cover was very powerful and it set the stage for the entire issue as the two recreated the murder. I am glad I decided to pick Batgirl up as one of my monthly's many moon's ago.

10. Trent Lane

I know what you mean. This is what got me into mainstream titles and storylines. I don't pick up much, just this title, Robin, and Harley Quinn (which has gotten a little weird all of the sudden)... the cover had to draw people in, even if they aren't a regular reader... can't wait for the younger GA appearance over the next few issues...

11. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

I don't like the new writer for Robin. The Harley Quinn book can stay where the storyline has it and that's hell. I have expressed my opinion on the current direction of the book in it's own talkback threads. Batgirl is nice change of pace. Very refreshing. As long as they don't lose the crew they have.

12. Blue121

Blue121 Active Member

I just read this today. Great issue. I really liked how the whole plot applied to BW:F. Interesting issue, and it seems like
    is the leading candidate to be the real murderer, as Slipknot pointed out with the next issue of GK.

13. Trent Lane

I agree on your hunches.
    is a top canidate, though "theY" haven't been mentioned much in the story. But of those that know Bruce and Batman, "they" are one of the top people out to get him...

14. kid_flash

kid_flash Speedy Teen

I really really really liked this issue. It's nice to finally get a part of FUGITIVE that actually has clues and is actually a PART of FUGITIVE. My ONE complaint about this is PREVIEWS. The cover was so powerful I would've bought it from that alone, but PREVIEWS had to go and spoil it saying that they were just re-creating the crime. Poo-heads.

15. The Guard

The Guard No Matter The Cost

Don't want spoilers, don't read PREVIEWS. It's quite simple.

16. kid_flash

kid_flash Speedy Teen

Yeah, some of us lack that self-control. I gotta go through PREVIEWS to figure out if I want any of the specials or not, and I'll read most of the descriptions of the ongoings for anything that catches my interest.

17. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

I never read previews. Anymore I just pick up the comic book and read.

18. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl Secret Files #1 talkback with preview (spoilers)

If you are a regular Batgirl reader you might want to pick this one up. If you didn't know about this book then here is a little preview. I'll let someone start with their thoughts on the book.

Gotham's most dangerous defender stars in her first SECRET FILES Special! An encounter with an unexpected criminal leads Cassandra to revisit her origins (written by original BATGIRL cowriter Scott Peterson, with art by Phil Noto & Robert Campanella). Plus, Cassandra learns how she would have fared in combat against Barbara Gordon — during the current Oracle's time as Batgirl (written by Peterson with art by Giuseppe Camuncoli & Cameron Stewart). And the DEO investigates the aftermath of Batgirl's battle with Lady Shiva (written by Dan Curtis Johnson & J.H. Williams III with art by Greg Scott & Mick Gray). Rounding out the issue are profiles of some of Batgirl's newest enemies and allies, with a special portrait of young Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, courtesy of the upcoming BATGIRL: YEAR ONE art team of Marcos Martin & Alvaro Lopez!

19. Gotham Knights '68

Gotham Knights '68 Gotham's Finest

Previews is like a movie trailer...it lets you know the basis - gives you a few teasers, but it's still not as good until you read it!

However, I don't ever read Previews - except for the DC Direct stuff due to the fact that I am a big collector of statues and like to know in advance what's coming out so I can pre-order them!!!!

GREAT issue - Batgirl is definitely one of my favorite characters. The cover was very powerfull - best frame of the book was when Alfred touched Batgirl's shoulder and said "well done" - Alfred Rocks! Story and art, as always, was terrific!

20. Gotham Knights '68

Gotham Knights '68 Gotham's Finest

Haven't read this yet - but I'm gonna tonight on my way home from work! My thoughts then....