banned episodes?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by rrznn, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrznn

rrznn New Member

i remember that in some thread it talked about banned episodes. i remember that one of them was about the cow and chicken episode about girl bikers and stuff, now that i remember, i saw that episode in cartoon network LA (in south america) Then, last week while i was in peru, i saw a kid next door episode that was about the knd kids trying to get the cake from the delightful dorks, but this time whoever won the race (in those wheels that float in the water). numbuh 2 wins. Never seen that episode before. Also, i saw the banned episode of hihi puffy amiyumi, tsunamy yumi. i'm sure that i watched many epiusodes that re banned on this region (us) but not there. hmmmm, wonder why

2. Tak Mazé

Tak Mazé Jawbreaker!

Sometimes they slip through they're fingers. Meh. It happens. Some older shows have been edited slightly as well to cut out the potty-mouth, but occasionally (more often in some places) they do show the non-edited versions.

3. Fan of Sponge

Fan of Sponge New Member

The Buffalo Girls episode of Cow & Chicken aired once on CN before getting banned. The episode had a bad joke and refrences that won't be talked into right now because this is a family viewing board.

The second one you talked about was a KND episode called C.A.K.E.D.-F.O.U.R. That episode has never been banned in the US. It aired sometime last week. However, numbuh 2 never won the race. Everybody else did win execpt for numbuh 4 who was stranded on a sandbar on the river.

The last one you talked about has never aired in the US ever. I guess CN was smart enough to pull the episode before getting complaints from viewers mainly angry parents.:shrug:

4. maczero

maczero New Member

Stop teasing! You can't mention something like that and not give us the details.;)

5. Natey

Natey blank

Well there hasnt been much edited things in cartoon cartoons which i think the edited things were kind of dumb to edit or ban.

~Nate~

6. Fan of Sponge

Fan of Sponge New Member

What gives maczero?:confused: I'm not trying to tease anyone. I was just trying to explain something to someone which can at sometimes reveal spoiler. It happens on the board alot. Also usually banned episodes are brought up by members on an average of three months before or after that time frame.

7. fanboy

fanboy New Member

In Dexter's Laboratory they banned one episode of Dial M for Monkey, called the Barbequeror. It was banned because someone complained about being a effeminate parody of the Silver Surfer. And also on Cow and Chicken, the pilot episode (No Smoking) was banned because Chicken is lured into the Hell because he wants to smoke cigarettes and the Red Guy is known as the Devil.:evil:

8. Tash

Tash New Member

That one slipped through the cracks once in '04.

And to this day, I can't believe that B&M hasn't had a single banned episode.

9. maczero

maczero New Member

Just joking about you being a tease (I was hoping the wink conveyed that). Anyway, being that these shows are banned I would assume that there's little chance the average user here will see them. Also, you could use spoiler tags to reveal the reason for the ban.

10. Courage-Bagge

Courage-Bagge ''Unbelievable!''

I've heard this one rumor about a couple of years ago about an Ed, Edd n Eddy episode getting banned because of Double D's line: "Eddy, I fear the Kanker Sisters are becoming amorous". That rumor also had it that it was to be replaced with "Pop Goes the Ed", the sprinkler party ep. Also, I'm not trying to start an arguement here, but "No Smoking" wasn't technically banned, it's just that CN rarely reruns pilot episodes anymore, I mean when's the last time we saw the pilots of Dexter, Johnny Bravo, Mike Lu and Og, or even Courage?

11. Wanted

Wanted Toonmaster

Jeez, calm down. "Tsunami AmiYumi" was banned because of December 26. Curse December 26. People know how I feel about December 26 and "Tsunami AmiYumi".

And, you know what happened on December 26. If you don't, you're out of touch... with everything.

12. Courage-Bagge

Courage-Bagge ''Unbelievable!''

The definition in the dictionary says something like "inclined, or into sexual love".

13. Rover_Wow

Rover_Wow New Member

While not quite banned, I haven't seen these KND eps from season 1 and 2 (season 3 is on the premiere cycle right now over in Asia) in several months:

- CAKED/Kenny and the Chimp/No P in the OOL
    - GROW-UP (and yet they air CABLE-TV, which links directly into this ep)
    - END

14. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 11/1/14

The "Barbequor" episode of Dial M for Monkey was shown recently on CN on Demand out my way.

15. Wanted

Wanted Toonmaster

My definition reads "An illicit love affair."

Look up "illicit" and you'll get it.

16. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Trust me, "Bufallo Gals" has NEVER aired on CN Latin America, because the episode was banned before it was shipped overseas.

But yes, "Tsunami Yumi" aired the other day.

17. Natey

Natey blank

someone plz user spolier tags i have this urge to know what happened to buffalo girls (cow and chicken) and the h i hi puffuami banned ep.

~Nate~

18. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Couldn't they just change the name of the AmiYumi episode and then run it? Or is it actually ABOUT a tsunami?

I've heard a description of "Buffalo Girls", and I find it really really hard to believe that such a thing would make it all the way through production and even on the air before CN wouldn't allow it. Use your imagination--it's the most profane "kiddie" cartoon I have ever heard described out of all "kiddie" cartoons that exist in the world. It's that bad.

19. TrogdorNyimbhat

TrogdorNyimbhat New Member

Will anyone tell me what that "Buffalo Girls" thing is about? Use spoiler tags.

Why would an episode have the word "tsunami" in the title if it doesn't have anything to do with one? Also what is that about?

20. Puss in Cute

Puss in Cute New Member

I heard that the PPG episode "Paste Makes Waste" was banned in the UK for a while. Does anyone know why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.