BANG! The Entertainment Paper revealed!

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Platypus Comix's Biggest Announcement Ever has been rescheduled for this coming Sunday, April 29! The previous plan was to post the last cartoon of the season this Sunday and the announcement the following Tuesday, but...it looks like the comic needs an extra week, so....here we go!

And this time, no delays....honest!

2. Chris

Chris Corn is good and good for you!

Please don't let it be that the site's closing forever. That would be very sad. I hope it's an announcement that the FPO Videos section is twice is big as it once was, or at least new videos.

3. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

I wonder if the announcement is that this site is finally going green.
    Or will introduce a new spicy pepper jack sandwich. That would really heat up my taste buds!

4. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Active Member

It can't be a "True Believers" movie, since Jeph Loeb apparently hates the thought of releasing a Marvel cartoon that has substance and adult appeal.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
  5. TenPoundHammer

TenPoundHammer Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune

* He's translating the site into Pig Latin.

* Every link will now point to a Rickroll.

* I like the pepper jack sandwich idea.

6. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Maybe some animation company bought the rights to one or more of his comics? I wouldnt mind seeing Mulberry, Keiki, or Electric Wonderland cartoon shows.

7. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

You're finally doing a Timbox installment of Legion of Superfanboys?

(Only joking)

8. Hero Ponchin

Hero Ponchin Hai Hai!

I actually believe that an animated movie studio (Possible takers: Dreamworks Animation, Illumination Entertainment, and the movie studio that created Rango. Pixar is definitely out of the question because they don't make movies based on existing franchises that aren't theirs.) has bought the rights to one of his works. Who knows when Mulberry: The Economizers will see the light of day?

9. Peter Paltridge

BANG! It's out!

This is the secret: I've been moving forward for a few months now on starting a business. I'm tired of talent getting lost on the Internet, or being rejected by print. I always wanted to do something about it if I ever had the power to, and now I do.

So what do you think? The best thing you can do to help me right now is kick the Kickstarter, and spread that around, because it's not growing fast enough.

The best thing about this topic is that no one ever thought back to this!

10. TenPoundHammer

Agreed, this IS a big thing.

I got Linkara to retweet a link to it, and someone else ended up retweeting his retweet. Let's see if this adds any momentum.

ETA: Also, I chipped in $10.

11. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

Congratulations on making your dream come true!
    I wish you a long success with your paper.

Seems news could leak in if someone starts submitting political cartoons. But then that's still more of an editorial then news.

Keep us updated.
    Best of luck!

12. Funky Al

Funky Al I ate the WHOLE PLATE!

Will there, pray tell, be a way to see this is you live somewhere that isn't Portland?

I mean, I can imagine if it finds success it might spread to other territories, but in the meantime would a subscription service, or a place to buy basic of issues be out of the question?

13. TenPoundHammer

The idea reminds me of Flint Comix & Entertainment, a paper in Flint, MI that has several comics, including both local and national ones. (For instance, one whole page has an entire month's worth of Argyle Sweater.)

14. Peter Paltridge

I was looking into producing an e-reader version a couple months back, but what I discovered was that the new market was a complete mess at the moment with no easy way of mass distribution. The few e-distributors I could find wanted $6000 to carry my paper and that was just the start-up fee. There's always Lulu, but.....Lulu is fine for a website, but humiliating for a physical business.

Do you know of a way to contact Flint Comix through the Web? Their website (which looks like it hasn't been updated in a long time) only lists a phone number....and their Myspace, which is why I said it hadn't been updated.

15. TenPoundHammer

Best I can do is the editor's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RandyZimm

16. Peter Paltridge

Nothing. He's probably got invaluable advice, but....nothing. He isn't responding to me.

Could you do me a favor, go to his house and yell at him angrily until he writes back? You live close enough...

17. TenPoundHammer

I'll be in Flint on Sunday actually, so I might try calling him or something. Anything in particular you want to ask him?