1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

BANG! The Entertainment Paper #11 Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.bangpdx.com/store/store/products/bang-11/

This one, I really enjoyed. I had a lot of fun creating it, and I hope you have a lot of fun reading it. I'm not saying what happens in it; just know I had about three times as much material for this story as I could cram in there.

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

The site won't let me purchase a digital copy. I go through this process:
    1. Add the issue to my cart
    2. Click "Checkout"
    3. Click "Checkout Now"
    4. Enter my email address
    5. Enter my payment information in PayPal
    Only to get the message, "Whoops, looks like you skipped a step!"

3. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Dangit. I'm not a programmer, as I've implied before -- what makes the digital download store work is a plug-in. I have to contact the makers of that plug-in to find out what the problem is. Hold on.

4. Dsneybuf

Okay, now that I finally have the issue, I guess "it's about time" for me to share some thoughts about the latest Mulberry.

Back to the Future stands as my favorite popcorn flick (as I've said before), but I have mixed feelings about most of its followups*. With Back to the Future Part II, I've found it fun to watch Marty and Doc travel to so many different time periods, though I've also grown to understand people who find the movie too dark, gimmicky, and convoluted compared to its predecesor. I take it this story represents your way of addressing the question of why 2015 didn't seem to change during the period in between Biff coming back from 1955, and Marty et al returning to 1985? The explanation of how our 2015 ended up so different from that shown in BTTF II actually aligns with a tongue-in-cheek conversation I had about the subject.
    Also, regarding the resolution:
    Also, with BANG! showing comics in color now, does it still seem like a while before Mulberry will get that treatment?

*BTTF III seems to do a nice job wrapping up the major plotlines, but also feels lacking compared to the first two movies. Back to the Future: The Ride marked my first exposure to BTTF, and seems fun as long as you don't question how 1950s Biff found out about the DeLorean. BTTF: The Game has its charms, but becomes a little too outlandish in the last three episodes. BTTF: The Animated Series stands as the only follow-up I can't say anything nice about, I even requested the Nostalgia Critic to review it not long after I joined the TGWTG/Channel Awesome forum.

#4 Dsneybuf, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  5. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Disneybuf was the only one to get an issue before I had to shut the entire bangpdx.com site down for repairs. When everything is running again, I'll let the rest of you know. This chore will most likely affect the new season of cartoons at Platypus Comix, so you can bump everything on the schedule I released down a couple weeks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf, not Disneybuf.

7. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

8. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dsneybuf

A few years ago, an early script for Back to the Future Part II appeared at the fansite BTTF.com. Thanks to the DVD bonus features, I already knew one major difference-that Marty and Doc would have to go to 1967 to retrieve the Almanac, instead of 1955. However, when actually reading the script myself, I also noticed that Doc doesn't use his sleep inducer on Jennifer prior to landing in 2015. She still doesn't have any adventures as epic as she did in your comic (never mind helping Marty and Doc prevent 1985-A), but she at least gets to join Marty in exploring the 2015 Courthouse Square. Her future self also receives more dialogue, and the script even says what job she has. If any of that sounds potentially interesting, click here to read it yourself.

10. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Interesting. Jesse might want to know about this -- I inspired him to write his own take on this story (with my permission)....
    http://jbwarner86.deviantart.com/gallery/

Also, the shop is working again.

11. Dsneybuf

You'd have to send him the link, though, since I don't have a Deviant Art account.