1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Back to the Future (IDW Series)" Talkback (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Antiyonder, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Before dealing with preventing Hill Valley from becoming a police state, before the encounter with Irving "Kid" Tannen in the Prohibition era, before a showdown with Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen or the visits to 1955, Marty was just an average 80s teenager. And his Doctor Emmett Lathrop Brown was, well working on something other than time travel. Presented on October 21, 2015. No significance for the date, really?:)

Note: Cover and synopsis from http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/back-to-the-future-1-idw-2015.

[​IMG]

When Marty Met Emmett
    Story: Bob Gale
    Script: Bob Gale and John Barber
    Art: Brent Schoonover

Looking For a Few Good Scientists
    Story: Bob Gale
    Script: Erik Burnham
    Art: Dan Schoening

Summary: "Untold Tales and Alternate Timelines," part 1: BttF creator/screenwriter Bob Gale returns with all-new tales from the twisting and turning timeline that made Back to the Future a, well… TIMELESS pop-culture phenomenon! Take a trip back to 1985 and be there when Doc Brown and Marty McFly first meet, and then jump even farther back, to 1945, to witness Doc's involvement in the super-secret Manhattan Project.

Comments?

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I never pictured Marty ever being so easily bullied (even at this younger age). We seen him throw enough punches, I'm sure Marty would have just punched Needles in the face for breaking his tube and walking off with his guitar.

3. Antiyonder

Staff Member Moderator

To be fair, maybe his friendship with Doc helped him in growing to be more assertive, though since it's probably the Lone Pine timeline, my theory might be negated.

4. Antiyonder

Staff Member Moderator

Behind on my talkback on two months, but if tardiness doesn't completely screw Marty over then, all I can do is go forward:D.

That said, I was behind on some news which reading #3 informed me of, but the mini looks to have been promoted to monthly.

Pictures and details from:
    - http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/back-to-the-future-2-idw-2015
    - http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/back-to-the-future-3-idw-2015

[​IMG][​IMG]

#2 Story 1: Bob Gale and John Barber (Script done by the latter)
    #2 Art 1: Marcelo Ferreira

#2 Story 2: Bob Gale
    #2 Script 2: Erik Burnham
    #2 Art 2: Chris Madden

#3 Story 1: John Barber and (Script done by the former)
    #3 Art 1: Corin Howell

#3 Story & Script 2: Erik Burnham and Bob Gale
    #3 Art 2: Alan Robinson

Summary #2: The past present and future come crashing together as only BACK TO THE FUTURE can do it! Secrets between the McFly family and Doc Brown are revealed… and what happens to the inventions that don’t quite work as planned? All thanks to the guiding hand of BTTF co-creator Bob Gale and co.!

Summary #3: WEDDING BELLS AND CROSSED TIMELINES! Marty McFly’s parents were destined to marry—whether he went back in time or not—but without his intervention, did the wedding cake taste as sweet? Plus, Doc and Marty weren't the only pilots the DeLorean ever had. Biff Tannen took a trip, too—and 1955 wasn't his only destination!

Comments?

#4 Antiyonder, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  5. Antiyonder

Staff Member Moderator

Late again, but not enough to where I'm two issues behind, so I'll be more timely next issue.

Anyway, regardless whether you read the issue or the series as a whole through digital or physical means, you're using your hands to hold and read them. That's like a baby's toy.

Picture and details from: http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/back-to-the-future-4-idw-2016

[​IMG]

Peer Pressure
    Story: John Barber (who also did the script) and Bob Gale.
    Art: Ryan Browne

Emmett Brown Visits the Future
    Story: Bob Gale (who also did the script) and Erik Burnham
    Art: Erik Evensen

Summary: OUT OF TIME! Marty’s been Doc Brown’s assistant for a couple years now—but that doesn’t mean Doc shares his secrets. Clandestine dealings with Libyans and a mysterious stainless-steel car are bad enough… but what else is Doc keeping to himself? Plus, Doc may not have been the first person to visit the past, but he made up for it by being the very first to visit… the future.

Comments?