1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

B:TAS "Riddler's Reform" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 23, 2002.

?

What do your rate "Riddler's Reform"?

1. *****

29 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. ****1/2

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. ****

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. ***1/2

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. ***

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Discuss this classic Batman: The Animated Series episode!
    [​IMG]
    Episode #079 - Riddler's Reform
    Original Airdate - September 24th, 1994.

Upon his release from Arkham, the Riddler becomes an instant celebrity with his own line of toys and games. Soon he's rich, well-liked and happy, except for the fact that he's never managed to best Batman in a battle of wits. Realizing that he's still obsessed with beating the Dark Knight and that the obsession will lead to his downfall, the Riddler lures Batman into a death-trap puzzle to get rid of his opponent and end the riddle games.

Comments?

2. Jimmy Kustes

Jimmy Kustes Duncanzits

What a classic episode! Love it! Can't wait to watch it again on CN tonight!

#2 Jimmy Kustes, Mar 24, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2002
  3. MILatino

MILatino =/\=

Excellent episode. It was well written, adult, and the end was great... especially the last shot of the Riddler wanting to know how Batman escaped the death trap.

Interesting how for once, someone got hurt (Robin). Fortunately for them, he did. If he had not, he would've tagged along in the end, got caught in the death trap with Batman, and Batman would have saved Robin's hide and gotten caught in the trap.

4. TheScarecrow

TheScarecrow The Master Of Fear

I taped this episode when they aired it during the Batman vs. Superman deal back in late January. Why did they push back Over The Edge a week to air this?

5. JohnStewart-GL

JohnStewart-GL Mighty JLU memba

This was a nice ep, not my fav but good. The scene were the girls are hittin on Riddler was cool.When Bruce was explaining to Dick how he escaped was cool. And the ending were hes yealling in Arkham and Jokers covering his ears was really funny.

6. Jimmy Kustes

Jimmy Kustes Duncanzits

Re: ***

So much hidden inuenndo (sp?) snuck past Fox Kids.

7. Naraht

Naraht Active Member

WOW!!!!!

I had NEVER seen this ep, and seeing as the Riddler is my favorite Batman Rogue...

WOW!!

=D

4.5 *s!

8. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"You can play all you like. You and I both know that I'm going to put you away because you can't help yourself. You can't stop. And I'll be waiting." -Batman to The Riddler, Riddler's Reform

All the Riddler episodes in TAS are fantastic and this one is no exception. I love how Batman pulls a fast one on the Riddler and Edward's ensuing rant in the stone walls of Arkham. I also like the scene transition from the explosion to the fire place-very well done. I love (almost) all the TAS episodes and this one is worthy of the top rating.

9. TheScarecrow

Wasn't Over The Edge supposed to air tonight? Why did Riddler's Reform replace it?

10. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"It's impossible, I tell you! Impossible! My trap was perfect! How did he do it!? I have to know! Somebody tell me! It's not fair! There was no way, I tell you! No way he could have gotten out! Somebody tell me! Do you hear me!? Somebody tell me how he did it! I have to know! I have to know-w-w-w-w!" -The Riddler, Riddler's Reform

Well since you have to know, I guess they just moved it. Over the Edge is now set for next Sunday. Now back to The Riddler. :)
    (I love quotes too much :rolleyes: )

11. Borg4of3

Borg4of3 Slish Slash Slosh!

The Riddler's episodes are great, and this one is the best of the bunch! The Riddler is portrayed extremely well here, as a genius who can't help himself, and a person who is truly insane. I love the fact that Batman actually sees him as a threat, and, of all the Rogue gallery, doesn't even show a lick of compassion for him, or even hope that he could get better. Of course, Batman's animosity could also be attributed to the fact that the Riddler embarrassed him, not once, but thrice in this episode alone - the opening scene with the Riddler's new 'partner', the 10Leslie riddle, and the 2 way radios gag. And the last few scenes were just classic! Nigma's insane rantings is probably why Joker didn't invite him to the poker game in 'Almost Got 'im'!

I gave this ep a 5!

12. CadaverousEyes

CadaverousEyes Ostracized

How did a bulky guy like Batman fit into that small safe? How did he manage to not suffocate? How did he break out with no room to move? How would he break out period? Sometimes an answer will only lead you to more questions. Nigma's better off not knowing.

Fun episode. The "remembering" voice-overs plus Bruce's explanations to Dick were kinda annoying, but eh. It's understandable, seeing how little kids watch this too. (at least they better be if they know what's good for them) And it's always nice to see Batman's photographic memory at work.

Those women should have become Quiz and Query in TNBA. Give the guy a break; it's bad enough having to wear spandex and becoming completely bald prematurely, but being all alone too?

13. TheScarecrow

Well I didn't watch much of this tonight given that I already got it on tape, but it's as good as everyone is making it out to be.

John Clover's voice is perfect for the character, and I like the animated take on the character which is more of a intellectual snob.

I still wish they aired Over The Edge though, but I guess I can wait another week. :rolleyes:

Wow, my 100th post. :D

14. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob I'M BRIAN BLESSED

I liked it, except for one logic flaw.....

15. Jimmy Kustes

Jimmy Kustes Duncanzits

Yeah, I want to know as well, can someone explain?

#15 Jimmy Kustes, Mar 25, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2002
  16. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Howdy all,

I think the references to Houdini throughout the toy exhibit are all you really need to know about how Bats fit in the safe and how he got out of it, if it's something that bugs you. He did train with John Zatara in escape artistry, after all.

That said, normal safes don't lock just by closing the door. You usually have to lock a handle on the outside to fully lock them. So, I just figured Bats closed the safe door, let the bomb go off, and then opened the safe door to get out. I was more bothered by asking, "How did he dig himself out of the rubble pile?" =8^).

-- Ed/Ace

17. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob I'M BRIAN BLESSED

Yeah, that too!

AAARGH! How did he do it? I must know how he got out of the rubble pile!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAARGH!!!!!!!!

18. rhynokane

rhynokane Member

I loved this one a lot. I don't know why, it was just excellent.

19. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

I'm always a little behind the times when it comes to talkbacks! But nonetheless.

Riddler is one of my favorite villains when it comes to the BTAS episodes. They really are just wonderful. This one is absolutely not an exception. It truly showcases the manic side of Riddler -- and as always has Batman coming out on top. In a none-to-shabby way, if I might add. The ending with Riddler's rant from Arkham is just wonderful. I truly can't get enough of this one.

Five stars!

20. DKstormyknight

DKstormyknight Shadow in the Darkness

Me too :), anyways, The Riddler is also one of my favs and this is a great ep. I loved the part at the end with him srceaming, "Its impossible, I tell you impossible! My trap was perfect! How did he do it? I have to know! Somebody tell me it's not fear! There was no way I tell you, no way he chould have gotten out...Somebody tell me, do you hear me, Somebody tell me how he did it. I have to know..I have to knooooooooow!" (Whew!!! :D )...And the way Batman survived the trap. This is a good episode.
    5 out of 5 stars!!!!!