Avengers Assemble "Bring On The Bad Guys" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Feb 16, 2014.

?

Rate this episode

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

8.3%
  3. ****

25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

16.7%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

16.7%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Check out an all-new episode of Avengers Assemble today inside Marvel Universe at 8:00am (ET/PT) on Disney XD!

[​IMG]

Avengers Assemble "Bring On The Bad Guys"
    Episode Premiere Date - February 16th, 2014
    The Avengers start to see how tough the Cabal is and how much strength they'll need to take it down.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

Saw the near end of it. I had a feeling Hyperion would return.

Kinda brings up the question as to who else will be joining the Cabal. I'd like to see Enchantress return.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  3. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Member

Spoilers, please. What happened in the episode?

About potential recruits for the cabal:
    + The Green Goblin (Norman osborn)
    + Doctor Octopus (He and the Goblin could be like Red Skull and MODOK)
    + The Leader
    + Loki (similar to "Acts of Vengeance")

4. dr_marvel2040

dr_marvel2040 Member

i didn't saw the episode......i hoped any of your guises would be true,,,,but hyperion will join the cabal at the end of the episode...that mean no squadron supreme........

5. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Member

I don't know. Sometimes, you have to expect the unexpected, don't you think?

6. spyke

spyke Active Member

HOLY CRAP, this episode was actually good. The story was good, and so was the animation (except for the parts that used CGI). Best of all, NO AVENGERS MOVIE REFERENCES.

7. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Active Member

1. When did they move the Marvel Universe block up to 8 (ET)? I've seen bits of Hulk & the Agents of SMASH at 8:30 (ET) in recent weeks, and I was thinking, could this block be starting to tank in the ratings, even with new eps?

2. Avengers Assemble was ok today. Just ok.

3. I am not on board with Marble's new concept of Dracula, which looks like they based the look on 1992's Bram Stoker's Dracula, which was not all that great, mind you. To me, Marble's Drac was and should always be the dark haired gentleman vampire introduced 40+ years ago in Tomb of Dracula comics. Like, they've even used the ponytailed Drac in the current comics as well. That's on you, Quesadilla.

4. For those who don't know, Bring on the Bad Guys was also the title of a Marvel reprint TPB back in the day, and of the Cabal members, only Red Skull, MODOK, and, I think, Attuma, were represented in the TPB. Drac? Nope. Hyperion? Nuh-uh.

8. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

I have never been a fan of blue skin vampires to be honest. I know that's meant to show them as being pale but just something about it feels weird to me.

9. strugler

strugler Member

This episode was lame. Too much mindless action, and that computer showing things before they happened or calculating success rate was just tedious to watch/hear. After almost 2 months hiatus this episode reminded me of all the show's problems in a mere 20min.

ps: Anybody else finds the background music of this show irritating. I can't listen to it at all, i find myself reducing the volume when there is no talking. Just horrible

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

Fantastic episode. The Cabal win a round and now they've got an even bigger trump card with Hyperion, though I doubt Skull will be able to bend him to his will.

Red Skull had a bunch of great lines and was pretty competent here.

11. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I could care less about the Dracula design not matching the classic one. If I wanna read classic dracula reprints, I'll read them.

12. spyke

spyke Active Member

That is most likely the reason the block was moved up to 8 AM.

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

I thought this was a pretty good episode, and it avoided some annoying cliches. Like, I thought that in the climax, the Avengers would trick the Cabal into in-fighting again. But the show pleasantly surprised me; the villains actually won (well, not the fights, but they got what they came for).

Hyperion! This could come back to bite the Cabal.

I also liked how The Cabal were the main characters here, and not the Avengers. Made for a nice change of pace.

A small thing, but I like how the Thor and Dracula battle went to space. Epic.

14. Bit Cloud

Bit Cloud Member

The Avengers except for Captain America and Widow, came off as arrogant jerks in this episode, and deceived to lose. They are so use to their enemies infighting that they got careless and was completely unprepared for the possibility of the Cabal actually getting along and working as a team.

15. macattack

macattack I see you!

I found the Cabal's bickering to be childish and immature, and there were some serious plot holes in this one. Dracula vs. Thor and Attuma vs. Hulk are only epic until you realize the failure of logic in both fights. Dracula could have been vaporized in an instant in outer space, and Attuma vs. Hulk broke the laws of physics on so many levels (though maybe the mediocre-as-usual animation did more to harm the visuals than the writing in that case). Not to mention it would have made more sense for Red Skull to allow Dracula to bite Captain America than to stop him, because CA would have become a mindless ally in that case.

I fail to see how this was a "good" episode. "Better than usual", maybe. But definitely not "good".

16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Plans which are predicated on your enemies acting like idiots are the plans of idiots. More poor writing. No big surprise there.

17. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

The goal was to attain Hyperion from the Tricarrier. Had Dracula bitten Captain America the plan wouldn't have worked the way Red Skull wanted. They needed Captain America whole as their hostage or "bargaining chip" to distract the other Avengers to rescue him. Thus they had free reign to take Hyperion and make their escape. Had Dracula made Captain America his pawn, they wouldn't have had any live bait to trip up the Avengers to do so.

18. macattack

macattack I see you!

It would have been more effective if Captain America had been a mindless pawn. They still could have tied him up and chances were Iron Man wouldn't notice before it's too late, especially if CA had been explicitly told to play the part of a hostage. And then CA could have caused further chaos in the ranks of the Avengers, allowing the Cabal to get away with more than just Hyperion. They could have made off with part of the Helicarrier in the process, if not all of it, not to mention a legion of SHIELD secrets.

19. AQVXZ11

AQVXZ11 New Member

I agree. I said the same thing to myself as I was watching. And another thing...when are people going to learn that you can't talk or hear someone talk in space? The scene and dialogue between Thor and Dracula was cool but come on, everyone knows that's impossible.

20. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Member

Actually Thor can talk in space because of his Asgardian aura (Magic)