1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Avengers: Age of Ultron Week: Cap or Iron Man?

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by Stu, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Hey,

To celebrate the release of Avengers: Age of Ultron, the Marvel Animation Forum and Comic Book Culture will be posting a daily discussion about Earth's Mightiest Heroes from now up until the films release.

Since their inception, the Avengers have generally been lead by Captain America. Iron Man was the teams original leader before he left the group and since then, Cap has captained the team. Following the events of Civil War, The Avengers team split into two and the roster has evolved on and on since then.

Ultimately, who do you prefer as the leader? Captain America or Iron Man?

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Definitely Cap. I mean, I like Iron Man a lot, when he's not portrayed as so much a jerk, an idiot, or as a more morally ambiguous hero as he is these days, but as far as leaders of the Avengers are concerned it has to be Captain America.

Every time Iron Man's been leader in the cartoons he's been portrayed as ineffective or unsuited to the role compared to Cap, and I don't think Tony's ever officially lead the Avengers on his own post-putting Cap in the position. And wasn't Ms. Marvel the actual field leader of the Mighty Avengers?

Though I am fine with the idea of the two sharing a leadership role or being co-leaders of the Avengers in their own way :).

3. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Captain America.

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

In the animated series Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Iron Man is indispensable to founding the team and making it what it is, while Cap comes to grow into the role of leadership as he adjusts to modern society. I think that's a sound approach that doesn't diminish either character, and a nice case of character development.

If there's any natural leader in cape comics, it's gotta be Steve Rogers. Other people can do it, but only one is the best. ;) Seriously, how many times has he rallied other people in the worst situations?

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This puts it much better than I did, and why I said I'm perfectly fine with the two having a co-leadership role in the Avengers :).