Avengers #77 Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Spider-Man, Jan 7, 2004.

?

Rate and Comment

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

33.3%
  4. ***1/2

33.3%
  5. ***

33.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

With the 50 cent cover price, I bet alot of people will be giving this issue a shot. Also, this issue features the debut of new series writer Chuck Austen.

AVENGERS #77

[​IMG]
    Written By: Chuck Austen
    Penciled By: Olivier Coipel

“Lionheart of Avalon” Pt. 1 - It seems like a routine mission when Captain America and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes head to Great Britain to deal with the Wrecking Crew’s latest scheme. But when things get out of hand, it takes the bravery of an innocent bystander using Cap’s indestructible shield to save them all. These events lead to the resurrection of a forgotten Marvel hero and the introduction of a new member of the Avengers!

Comments?

2. Fett One

Fett One Jedi Hunter

So far it sounds like a good storyline. I thought Hawkeye and Cap's conversation was funny.

3. JTurner954

JTurner954 Paradigm City, USA

Seeing as the book is only 50 cents and it's the beginning of a new storyline (and I know very little about The Avengers), I decided to check it out. I am happy that they gave some info. on the three Avengers' abilities, but I wish they said more about them and/or this Wrecking Crew since these villains did not seem like much of a threat (well, until Thunderball appeared). If it wasn't for this family that was introduced, I wouldn't look into the other issues. I am curious as to why The Avengers' identity isn't secretive and how the family will become involved since one of the children is a big Captain America fan. I also have the feeling that the now-injured Cap. America and the mother will have some kind of relationship since the writer introduces these characters with their experiences towards the opposite sex (I wonder how Hawkeye will react to this relationship if it happens).

I'll give this issue a B-. It's better than the Namor and Hulk 25 cent books, but not as good as the Daredevil and X-men 25 cent issues. Even though I'm interested in what happens next, I'm going to wait until these issues are cheaper in the event that this five part story (not worth $10+,IMO) disappoints.