Avatar "The Blue Spirit" Talkback

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Freedom Fighter, Jun 17, 2005.

?

Will any of the cast bite the big one this week?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2005.
  1. 5 (No, 'cause this is a kids' show... our heroes will survive!)

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. 4

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 0 (Yes... in fact, they all should! And so should this show!)

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter New Member

'Avatar: The Last Airbender' Talkback
    Book 1: Water -- Chapter 13: The Blue Spirit
    Premieres Friday, 6/17/05, at 8 p.m. EST
    (Note: Because of Nick’s fickle scheduling policies, airing dates and times are subject to change.)

Previously on ‘Avatar’:
    With a storm fast approaching at sea, Prince Zuko gets into an argument with one of his officers. The officer doesn’t see why Zuko acts the way he does… until when the team is bogged down by the storm’s arrival, when Iro decides to regale the men on board with a story. The story of how Zuko used to be, how anxious he was to one day lead the Fire Nation army to victory, and the mistake that resulted in his father, the Fire Lord, to give him that ugly scar on his face.

Meanwhile, when Katara dares Sokka to take more of a leadership role, he does by offering to fill in for a fisherman’s wife, who refuses to accompany said fisherman on a trip out to sea… just as the aforementioned storm approaches. In the process, upon discovering Aang’s identity as the Avatar, berates him for allowing the current war to even begin in the first place! Aang flees to a nearby cave to sulk, where Katara eventually finds him. Aang admits there’s some truth to the fisherman’s claims, as he tells her the story of how he learned he became the Avatar, how his life changed, and how he ended up frozen in that ice cube that she and Sokka had originally found him in!

The stories were over, but the storm wasn’t. The fisherman’s wife comes to Aang begging him to go out and save her husband (and Sokka). And on board the Fire Nation vessel, the lightning destroys the bridge, leaving the helmsman hanging on for dear life to keep from being blown away. Aang and Zuko go to work to save their friends/fellow soldier. They succeed, the storm passes, and the prince and the chosen one see eye-to-eye in the eye of the storm, so to speak. For now, their personal duel is put on hold…

This Week (courtesy of Nick.com): When Sokka and Katara get too sick to travel, Aang goes out on his own to find a cure for them. But he is captured by Zhao and held prisoner inside an impenetrable fortress!

Other Programming Notes:
    - Note that there are NO immediate repeats scheduled for this episode!
    - New episode of “Danny Phantom” follows tonight at 8:30 p.m. EST.

2. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

I don't unsderstand the poll. Is 5 bad this time? :sweat:

At the beginning of episode I though that
    It was funny to see Sokka hallucinating and thinking he was an earthbender.

3. Bearpod91

Bearpod91 I still have a moving avatar!

Well that was a cool ep. I liked the old lady, I thought she was a fire nation spy or somethin. that spioler was very understandable too...MAN can he use a sword! I cant wait for the next ep...aang chained up...man i felt happy seeing him that way...i dont know why.

4. Crash

Crash New Member

5. Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter New Member

It's supposed to be a play on how in some kids' cartoons the heroes never die. Or if they do die, it's written otherwise to cover it up (i.e., he/she went away, just got injured really bad, etc.). 5 is still the highest score, by the way. Oh, and I'll be upset if 'Avatar' goes down that road in the future.

Oh, wait... they came close in this episode!

When the 'ninja' (as my brother aptly put it) is holding Aang hostage... Zhao orders one of the archers to fire an arrow at the 'ninja.' Apparently, he gets hit and falls to the ground unconscious. Kinda confusing... did the arrow really hit? If so, where did it hit to knock the 'ninja' out? And where did said arrow land?

(I'm kinda being ambigious as to who the 'ninja' is, since everyone else, for the moment, is keeping hush hush about it. Maybe I should've put the (Spoilers) tag in the thread title...)

Anyway, that scene made me think of two possibilities that were about to happen:
    1) The 'ninja' was killed by the arrow.
    2) Since the 'ninja' freed Aang from Zhao's clutches, he's had a change of heart and now joins Aang's team.

Thankfully, neither happened... for now, anyways. It's back to the same old, same old.

Oh, and in a 'don't-try-until-scientifically-proven' moment... sucking on frozen frogs cures a fever. That's original! :D Hmmm... I wonder how it stacks up compared to the theorem that licking toads makes you feel high! :sweat:

8 out of 10. A good plot-mover, and even more questions asked to fill in the gaps after the reveals from the last episode.

6. Darking

Darking Packing Heat

7. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Well the identity of the ninja turned out to be a real shock for me. I even kinda jumped a bit when Aang took off that mask.

We also had some really great action scenes in this episode. With Aang showing just how versitile airbending can be.

Zhao's reasoning for not killing Aang made sense too, but wasn't the next stage in the cycle a Fire nation avatar?

Anyway, good ep.

8. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I'm presuming the arrow just bumped his mask really hard, saving him from any skin damage.

IIRC, Zhao said to the archer, "KNOCK OUT the thief." He didn't say to kill him.

There's really no other explanation I can think off the top of my head... :confused:

9. Darking

Darking Packing Heat

Actually, the previous avatar was Fire Nation: Avatar Ryoku. The next nation in the Avatar Cycle would be an Earth Bender.

10. Kida

Kida Cafe Mew Mew e youkoso

"He thinks he's an Earth bender."
    "Take that, you rocks!"

Anyway, there sure was a lot of eyebrow twitching in this episode. I was surprised about the masked ninja too. Since it was a blue mask I thought the ninja was a Water bender/new character, or Katara and Sokka's grandma. That would have been funny.

11. Tash

Tash New Member

His identety shocked the heck out of me. (I suspected it at first, but I swear that I saw him shoot out some water for some reason. Guess not)

12. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

I thought I saw the "Blue Spirit" doing water bending as well. I guess that was just to fool us about his true identity.

13. Bubblegum Girl

It was a bucket of water. i have a keen eye and notice that.

14. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

Ah it was just to fool us into thinking he was a Water Bender. Nice way in hiding his true identity.

15. Bubblegum Girl

I also thought the masked guy was Sokka's & Katara's father. But my other guess was right.

16. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Oh that's right, his temple was in the Fire Nation.

For some reason I thought Avatar Ryoku was an Earth Bender.

17. Tash

Tash New Member

Just for argument's sake, doesn't the Avatar cycle go:
    Fire>Air>Water>Earth?
    So he'd come back as a Waterbender, wouldn't he?

18. Justy

Justy Now you see me...now you don't

I had a suspicion about the Blue Spirit's identity and I turned out to be right. This makes for very interesting possibilities in the future as
    Another good episode of a show that definately rocks!

19. InvaderEd77

InvaderEd77 Left For Dead

Really good episode. They did some nice tricks like the Water-bending trick and other stuff to keep you guessing. The only thing that bugged me though was how the Blue Spirit was at the Fire Temple at the beginning of the episode, and then we saw him/her a few scenes later at his/her homebase. (Trying really hard to keep the Identitiy secret.)

I like the fact that because the new Admaral took the Fire-Archers out of the Temple and on the Avatar search, it could be penetrated more easily by the Blue Spirit. I also think that's why he/she fared so well, combat-wise.

20. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Anyone know when this will repeat?