1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Looney Tunes DVDS

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by timgorden11, Apr 16, 2017.

1. timgorden11

timgorden11 New Member

Does anyone have any idea if any of the Australian Looney Tunes DVD sets have any shorts on them that aren't available on other sets?

I ask as I found a comment on the blu-ray forums saying

"I calculate if you get the 1-6 DVDs, the 4 Blu-rays, about 50+ assorted dispersed DVDs that have a toon, the SuperStars and Essentials DVDs, and the LT movieDVD/BDs, a couple DVDs from Australia and Japan, a couple of 3-D BDs, 2 or 3 B/W DVDs, you get about near 2/3rds of all LT. Plus the additional ~10 dozen+ toons available in the GA 1-5 and some odd Laserdiscs, ~3/4ths"

Anyone know if this is true? In fact does anyone know exactly what short have been released on the Australian dvds? From what I've seen they seem to be individual discs from the Golden Collection. Anyone know?

Also while I've here does anyone know if/where there's a list of all currently available LT/MM shorts and what they're available on? Thanks

2. A-Cecil

A-Cecil Member

No, they offer the same shorts available on other sets. In video/DVD stores and department stores in Australia (as well as New Zealand), the Looney Tunes cartoon shorts DVDs available are the Golden Collection sets (albeit having all 4 discs of each set sold separately as single-disc DVDs) and the Super Stars sets.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kirben

Kirben Member

It might be referring to one of the independent DVD releases of the older shorts that have become public domain, as Warner Bros. have not released anything Looney Tunes related exclusively in Australia.

• Like Like x 1
  4. timgorden11

timgorden11 New Member

ahhh thanks for the info.