1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Atlantis: the lost empire Website

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by DerekPowers, Jun 3, 2001.

1. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

i just spent like an hour on the official atlantis site, and its awesome. I cant wait to see this movie. it looks so dope its not even funny. but the web site is so great. it has a real history of the shepard's journal (which i didnt even know was real) which is really interesting. You just have to read it, its really fasinating and amazing. and for you paranormal/cryptozoology buffs out there (like myself) its so great because it treats the idea of atlantis very seriously. and its so great that the movie is based on real life facts. and many of the characters in the movie were real people. its just an awesome website, and you can download the atlantean font, which i did. I think its based on the real atlantean font, or the alphabet used in the shepards journal, but im not sure. the website talks alot about how real people like leonardo davinci and benjamin franklin all studied the journal and translated it, with a lot of success. so i suppose the font probably is real. but its just a phat website and now i cant even sleep cause i want to see this movie so much. Ive been into atlantis and those kinds of things for so long, i'm so excited they made a movie about it. its going to be so great.

anyway, i hope you are all excited too, cause even though i've always loved disney animation, this one just looks better than anything they've done in a long time. it seems more serious and cutting edge (it even has a pg rating), and it looks sort of like anime. plus there's all those mecha looking ships and stuff, it just looks so awesome. well thats my rant, but if your at all interested in history or atlantis or stuff like that, check out the website (just go to www.disney.com/atlantis) and read the history of the shepards journal. its crazy. peace.

2. oranthal

oranthal Superman: A hero in life and in death

supposedly, "atlantis" is very similar to anime called "nadia." the information can be found on this site:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/archives/feature/atlantis.php. i have never seen "nadia" so i don't know what it is talking about.