Ask a Wiki Question, Get a Wiki Answer

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by GWOtaku, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

I'm logged in to the forum, but when I'm on a Wiki page I get a "view source" link instead of an "edit" link.

When I click it, it says either I don't have permission to edit pages on the Wiki or I need to confirm my email address in User Preferences.

When I try to pull up User Preferences, it says I'm not logged in to the Wiki.

I try to log in to the Wiki, but I get this message:

What's going on?

2. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

There was a tech update today which seemed to have gone over fine, but unfortuanetly not. Rest assured we'll have it resolved as soon as possible :)

3. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I'd like people to try logging in. I just gave it a shot after being MIA for most of this weekend, and everything seems to work now.

4. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

You know how the DCU board has a redirect link up top to go to the site...can y'guys get one of those for the Wiki? 'Cause I seriously don't remember the URL...

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

I can't believe Goku has so many, there's enough there for it to be its own section in an article for him. For other chars I assume the number is far less, so the VA's could be listed in the character list article(s) below each character's name (and in a specific char article if one exists or you want to make one)...and there Goku's place on the list could be occupied by his primary voices in the main animation itself.

Hmm. We could possibly do it, although as near as I can tell this isn't something that I or HC or Huntsman can do unless I'm missing something. We'll see about this.

There is an Animation Wiki link on the toonzone.net home page (TZ Quick Jump menu on the left). The URL itself is http://wiki.toonzone.net.

6. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

On the link: Thanks for taking the time on that.

As for VAs: I know Vegeta, Freeza, Cell, and Goten and Piccolo have four (well, five for Piccolo but I dunno who does him in the DBE PSP game neither do I know Goten's adult Ocean VA). Bulma has five, Gohan has seven. Tenshinhan has four, Trunks has six.

7. Alshoff

Alshoff Member

I'm getting a Database Error when I navigate to wiki.toonzone.net:

8. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Yeah, the issue is known. It's no doubt connected to the reason TZ was offline for a couple of days:

Some other pieces of TZ are affected too. It may take a little time before it's fixed, but it's being worked on.

9. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

How do you go about locking an article to prevent further edits? I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon; I'm just curious.

10. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

There is a "protect" option in the top menu next to the watch option that I believe is restricted to the Wiki mods and site administrators as-is. So for now I'll say that if you need or want something locked, just ask a mod or make a request in the talk thread for the article in question. If there's a good reason, we can do it.

11. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

I'm trying to make a new Wiki page, but I can't using my normal method (using the search engine to get the link). Is there any other way I can do it?

12. MonkeyFunk

MonkeyFunk Kids and grown-ups love me so

13. SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX Active Member

Sorry to bump this thread, but this appears to be the best place to ask.

It's been bothering me for a while, and I can't find anything about it in these forums. What's with the links to Animation Wiki pages automatically appearing in posts (such as when I type great), and how can I stop it?

14. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

They were implemented to provide an easy reference for forum users.There isn't a way for a user to turn it off entirely or make the "great" thing not happen, but it might be possible to filter out that link & other common words as necessary. I'll see what can be done there.