1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Artist Wanted

Discussion in 'Artists Wanted' started by the_poet, Jul 23, 2005.

1. the_poet

the_poet Guest

I'm a published manga-ka (my creation, Grounded Angel, appears twice weekly at www.komikwerks.com and has a 2006 publishing deal in the works) and I'm looking to blow Tokyopop's Rising Stars of Manga competition wide open!

Details of the contest are here:
    http://www.tokyopop.com/news/mangatalent/index.php

I've got a terrific concept for a shonen manga revolving around poker and gambling. If you can draw card-slinging maniacs with lots of action and drama, then don't hesitate! Send your links or attachments of sequential art samples to smashoutgames@yahoo.com. It helps if you can ink and manga-shade, as well.

You'd be asked to produce some character sketches and approximately 15 pages of art, based on either a plot or full script (your choice).

This is for the competition; therefore I can't pay you. However, if we place in the contest, you'll get 50% of the prize money. A similar deal will be worked out if we get a subsequent publishing deal.

Thanks.