1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Artist Wanted

Discussion in 'Artists Wanted' started by Chad Bonin, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

A'ight.

I'm working on a comic, eventually to be one of the X-Bridge's X-Ventures. It's an action/comedy/romance/mystery/sentai/parody series. Well, it's a lotta things rolled into one. Much like how life is.

My goal is to be really damn creative with it. Sure, it'd be a online comic thing, but one that could easily be transferred to the printed page. I even have a few random ideas that could only work in the web media or something.

Here's the edited pitch, since I wanna keep a LOT of it a secret (Let's just say the old adage of "If there's a shotgun on the wall in act one, it must go off in act three" takes major precedence here.)

“The grass is always greener on the other side”

Superman: Red Son showed us a world where The Man of Steel landed behind The Iron Curtain, leaving Lex Luthor to become the great American hero.

Truth: Red, White, and Black showed us how the first Captain America was actually African-American, forced to test the Super Soldier Serum.

Ultimate Spider-Man recreated the classic tale of Peter Parker gaining his spider-powers, bringing him and his friends into the modern age. He’s fought Venom, and hasn’t even graduated yet.

Heroes are not always what you expect. Superman CAN be a communist. Captain America WAS black. Ultimate Spider-Man has compacted and reworked 40 years worth of comics within the span of 5 years.

Heroes always save the day. Magneto’s plans for evolution will never pass. The Joker will always be hauled back to Arkham Asylum.

What if the heroes don’t?

In the not too distant future, one team protects their city between arguing amongst themselves and fighting their personal demons.

They are a lost generation, trapped between the teenage and adult years of their lives defending Atlanta.

These guys are our heroes?