1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Artist Collaboration Projects

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Oct 12, 2002.

1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Rather than let this idea take away from the comments of the All Stars Thread, I thought I'd take the liberty and move this into it's own thread - merely for discussion. I think this would make and interesting on going project. The idea of doing banners which was previously mentioned is a no go, simply for bandwidth concerns, and personally I think this is far more exciting and flexible idea.

The best thing about this, is that it should allow others to join in - in particular those who were unable to take past in the last. I'd suggest, say three seperate ideas for a collaboration of two or three artists in each. I'd recommend for now keeping it simple, such as pictures of say the Joker and Penguin together - nothing over complicated as it will be very difficult to match the pictures together... Maybe even one doing backgrounds and one doing the foreground.

I'd recommend giving the option of doing this first to those who were unfortunate enough not to take part in this thread.

Any other ideas/comments? I'm happy to mix or colour any work that is required. Frozen, this being your domain, what's your take on this?

2. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Hi^^

I will join in this one this time. I'll eventually draw my own Catwoman. If anyone wants to pair up just IM me^^

3. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

That's fair. But wait, does it really matter how many people do it? With the other, there were only 8 letters, so people were limited. I don't see how there would be a problem with just random pics. I'm confused. :eek:

4. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really any problems, I thought that several smaller groups may be easier to run. That way you could have one two or even three people fixing indivdual pics rather than just the one fixing eight together... if you see what I mean.

Nothing's cast in stone, so it's fair point. I don't know what everyone else thinks..

5. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

*jaw drop* Kylie...I WANT that avatar...hehe *purrs* ANYHOO! It'd probably be good to throw some themes out there. Not necessarily specific characters but things like "action and adventure", "hero's through the ages", "personal creations", sound interesting at all? And would we want to do the letter thing again, or just a mural/collage of pics?

~Barb

6. Discloner

Discloner Spooned to death

Actually I like that Idea. I didn't get to take part inthe Batman one because I have never drawn Batman characters. Some of these Ideas would allow a person's creativity to come out!

7. Patrick Bateman

Well, I really just do Bat-related characters for the most part. And someone else I know of has done mainly Bat-pics. So, I'm sure we could collaborate with no problems. *Hints at TimTwoFace (Or anyone else who's game)* ;)

8. Marcos

Marcos Member

( raises hand )

May I could join?

Although I'm without a scanner to can do color on my own work, I still can( and I'd actually like to )do color for someone else's work - once one could send me( or post it here, when I could pick it and re-post on a color version, IMHO )a black-and-white sketch; I'm itching to can do something new...

Can I?

9. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

I want in! I want in! :D

*LOOKS AT BYO* Intruiging.

*LOOKS AT PM FROM KYLIE AND SELENA* Intruiging.

Oh, who do I choose? :p

-Tim

10. Patrick Bateman

Well, you could aways resort to a flip of the coin . ;)

11. Ordinary Guy

Ordinary Guy The Old Dark Knight

I want in.

I've more Batman related drawings laying around that you guy might be interested in using.

12. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I also want in!

An interesting idea, the next time we do one of these collaberation thingys why not make it of our chosen characters BEYOND! Imagine Joker Beyond or Mr Freeze beyond. Wait. errr, Nightwing Beyond, Robin Beyond. The list could go on for ages!

SSJ I like to work with you if your available. PM if you want to discuss anything.

13. Terminatah

Terminatah Badass Cyborg

I just bought a new box of colored pencils today, so I can contribute to the next thing.

-Terminatah

14. Discloner

I would like to join....unless it's just a batman thing again...then I'd step back and give advice.

15. Patrick Bateman

As far as I know, whatever you draw is up to you and the person you decide pair up with. There isn't any set theme.

16. Seafaring

Seafaring scoooting....

I want to join. Thats all I will say right now. Because by the end of the week we should have a scanner. And I dont' know if this is of importance, all Ireally draw is anime/manga pictures(Tenchi more than anthing).

17. Discloner

Same here, Altho I do have some original Creations I'd like to do.

I think we should solidify what we'd like to do, then allow everyone who is unsure to decide whether they want to join or not.

18. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

I want in too! :)

Tim, I always find your drawings to be very intriguing (in a good way!)... feel like being my partner? ;)

19. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

My suggestion is that we have one group project (and priority goes to those who have not yet have had a chance) and any other collaborations are worked out through PM and any help required in fitting pictures/colouring - like Frozen did on the last one - made through PM also.

RedBird - I will PM you pretty soon - probably this lunchtime!

If we are having collaborations - either official or non official, it would be great to have a list of people who would be both able and willing to mix pictures together with a level of profiency. That way Frozen isn't constantly being asked to sort out pictures. Spread the burden as such....!

What say y'all?

20. Patrick Bateman

I want to be unofficial. More creative freedom that way.