1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Arrow" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 9, 2013.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"Streets of Fire" May 7, 2014

Slade's end game begins! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Streets of Fire"
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    MALCOLM MERLYN RETURNS — Oliver (Stephen Amell) rallies his team as Slade’s (Manu Bennett) soldiers attack the city. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) gets a call from S.T.A.R. Labs with game-changing news and Thea (Willa Holland) comes face-to-face with her father – Malcolm Merlyn (guest star John Barrowman).

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Another excellent episode. That ending, with Thea and Merlyn certainly was surprising and abrupt. I really can't wait for next week's episode. The stakes are high and Arrow has to deal with both Slade and ARGUS. This show really knows how to push it to the limit. Such a well done episode all around and a tense nailbiter. Bring on the season finale!

3. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

The Laurel and Sara scene had me tearing up. Laurel brushing her hair back... really lovely. I continue to be worried for Sara, though I'm hoping killing her would seem too obvious now with all the setup.

Also, the Felicity and Oliver scene in the clock tower. Be still my heart.

I can honestly say I didn't see Thea pulling the trigger on Malcolm coming.

So much about this episode gave me a Batman Begins vibe. And in a good way.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man, for a while I thought this was the season finale. I'm relieved. I mean, they just kept getting more intense! And I didn't think Slade was going to pull it off with killing everyone in the city, but thanks to Amanda Waller, he just might!
    Definitely can't wait for the next episode!

5. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Unthinkable" Season Finale May 14, 2014

Arrow season finale! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Unthinkable" - Season Finale
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    OLIVER MUST DECIDE ONCE AND FOR ALL IF HE’S A KILLER OR A HERO — Slade (Manu Bennett) moves forward with his plan to kill one more person in Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) life. While Oliver has fought all year to be more than the killer he once was, when Slade kidnaps someone close to Oliver’s heart, Oliver is pushed to the edge and realizes sometimes it takes doing the unthinkable to stop the monster. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) takes on Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) with a little help from some friends, and Thea (Willa Holland) turns to Roy (Colton Haynes) in her time of need.

6. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, THAT was mean. That's gonna make a lot of fans angry.

"My true love is.......FELICITY! Just kidding, it's still that boring whatsisname."

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I feel bad for the shippers (though I was kind of wishing against Ollie/Felicity each time they were alone together). There was a lot of teasing here. I liked the finale but the action kind of disappointed me. It just didn't feel as intense as what I've previously seen on the show, and I think I got myself overhyped. As great as the cure is, it made things seem really easy.

I wonder who takes care of the day to day operation of the island prison.

Thea gets on my nerves but I hope they do a good job with the Merlyn storyline.

8. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm an Olicity shipper and I'm not particularly bothered. I thought Oliver's face at the very end made it clear that his words were true, but neither he nor Felicity is ready to do anything with that once the life-threatening danger is over.

I'm also thrilled Sara survived, but I found her peace with leaving with Nyssa a bit strange when she had just had her moment of accepting herself as a hero. Going back to the League feels a bit like regression.

I'll be curious to see how Thea's story plays out, especially with Barrowman being promoted to series regular for season 3.

I also like how we ended the season where we began it -- on the island. We opened with Oliver having exiled himself there after Tommy's death and now close with Oliver having made the transition into hero.

9. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

'The Flash' catch-up: "The Scientist"/"Three Ghosts" October 1, 2014

This past season, Oliver met Barry Allen. Tonight, in advance of the series/season premieres of The Flash and Arrow next week, we can get reacquainted. Arrow episodes #2.8 & #2.9 guest starring Grant Gustin air on The CW starting at 8 p.m. ET.

[​IMG]
    "The Scientist"
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Original air date: December 4, 2013

BARRY ALLEN COMES TO STARLING CITY — A seemingly impossible robbery at Queen Consolidated’s Applied Sciences Division brings Central City police scientist Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) to town. Citing a similar case back home, Barry offers to help Oliver (Stephen Amell) and team with the investigation. Oliver senses there is more to Barry than meets the eye, but he’s distracted by the similarities between this current case and something that happened on the island. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) takes a liking to Barry, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Oliver. Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus) asks Roy (Colton Haynes) for help when a friend of hers goes missing. Roy is surprised when Thea (Willa Holland) not only encourages him to help, but joins the search. Unfortunately, Sin’s friend is connected to Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro), and their search ultimately gets one of them seriously injured.

[​IMG]
    "Three Ghosts"
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on The CW
    Original air date: December 11, 2013

OLIVER IS VISITED BY GHOSTS FROM THE PAST — After a fight with Cyrus Gold AKA the Acolyte (guest star Graham Shiels), Oliver is drugged and left for dead. Determined to cure him, Felicity makes a risky decision. The cure causes Oliver to hallucinate, and what he sees forces him to confront his past. Meanwhile, Barry (guest star Grant Gustin) continues to help Felicity, and their connection grows stronger. The Arrow asks Lance to look into Gold, but when the stakeout on Gold goes bad, someone is killed. Roy is captured and tortured by Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Geoff Johns & Ben Sokolowski.

10. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Sorry for bumping this thread after 2 months, but I wanted to point out a few things and I haven't seen the 3rd season yet.

[​IMG]
    This is the woman from the episode ''Salvation'' (season 1). When Laurel's mother had seen her, she started to cry and ran away because her face reminded her of Sara.
    But she doesn't look like Sara at all :sweat: I know they've recasted Sara, but why didn't they pick someone who looks a little bit like this woman?

For the rest, the whole season was amazing and I am glad that Roy Harper's actor improved a bit. (He wasn't that good in the first season)
    I am also glad the flashbacks didn't feel random, unlike the flashbacks from the second half of season 1.

I hope Oliver finds out about his son/daughter in the 3rd season. I think he quite deserves it to be confronted with his irresponsive.

Just one question left: Isabel Rochev, she isn't Slade's daughter, is she? I am quite confused.

11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

No, she's not Slade's daughter.

She probably looks a little more like the original Sara casting, Jacqueline Wood, than the recast Sara, Caity Lots.