1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Arrow" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 9, 2013.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Tonight is the season premiere of Arrow at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

'Like' Arrow on Facebook
    'Follow' Arrow on Twitter

[​IMG]
    "City of Heroes"
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    FROM VIGILANTE TO HERO — Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) travel to Lian Yu in search of Oliver (Stephen Amell) who left Starling City after The Undertaking. Convinced to return home, Oliver finds that things are in worse shape than he thought – Isabel Rochev (guest star Summer Glau) is preparing a hostile takeover of Queen Consolidated, Thea (Willa Holland) refuses to visit Moira (Susanna Thompson) in jail, Roy (Colton Haynes) is trying to fill the void left by the Arrow’s absence, and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is working with the District Attorney’s office to take down the vigilante. Meanwhile, flashbacks to the island show Slade (Manu Bennett), Shado (guest star Celina Jade) and Oliver in a desperate situation.

Season One talkback

CWTV.com/Arrow

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Glad to see this show back. It was a great start to the new season. I like that they're addressing the major bodycount Oliver acquired last season and he's doing something about it. Everyone did a good job though I find the actors for Roy Harper and Laurel Lance to be a little bit weak. The action was really well staged, too. I don't have much to say because this episode was mostly set-up for the rest of the season but where it's going seems pretty interesting.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

With shows like SHIELD on, this feels very boring now. When I turn on a comic-book show, what I want is action and adventure, not pretty people walking around sets and brooding.

4. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Identity" October 16, 2013

New Arrow, right now on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Identity"
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    DC COMICS’ BRONZE TIGER AND CHINA WHITE WREAK HAVOC ON THE GLADES — Oliver (Stephen Amell) finds out the medicine that is being sent to Glades Memorial is being hijacked by thieves. Without an influx of supplies, the hospital will close. Roy (Colton Haynes) attempts to stop the thieves, but he fails and is arrested by Officer Lance (Paul Blackthorne). Oliver gets into a heated battle with China White (guest star Kelly Hu) and her new partner, Ben Turner, AKA the Bronze Tiger (guest star Michael Jai White), over the supplies. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) makes plans to catch the Arrow, and Thea (Willa Holland) gives Roy an ultimatum.

5. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well. Sure didn't see that ending coming. Haha! Will be interesting to see how Oliver gets out of that situation.

Felicity complaining about her "cover" being Oliver's secretary was funny, too. So glad they made her a regular. And it's always awesome to see Michael Jai White. He should be in everything.

6. Wonder Woman

I thought this was a pretty weak episode except for the ending which actually caught me by surprise. They're not going to unmask Arrow anytime soon but the predicament he's stuck in is pretty interesting. I was disappointed with the one-dimensional take on Bronze Tiger though apparently he is set to return with hopefully more character development. Didn't really care for the story of FEMA trucks getting hijacked but everything else here was pretty interesting.

7. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, this is White's first episode, so I really didn't expect there to be much more than him just showing up to kick butt a couple seasons as his introduction. He's set to be recurring throughout the season, so no doubt subsequent appearances will start to flesh him out more.

Olivier having to deal with his family's tarnished image in the public eye will be an interesting story thread this season as well.

Well, that's what you get with Arrow. It's nice to have a sort of old fashioned action-oriented show on TV again after the glut of dramas and (mostly unfunny) comedies.

8. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It feels weird to stick up for Arrow, but at least it uses comic characters unlike Shield for the most part and it's rent-a-characters.

9. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I'm glad the no killing philosophy is being implemented here. I just wish they did this from the very start, or have Oliver kill in the very early episodes, but he decides no killing because of HIMSELF upon internal reflection or something. Regarding kill/no kill, it got very confusing in season one since there seemed to be no consistency. It seemed like every other episode there was killing, and the next one there was just hurt (very very badly). Not to mention I felt the whole killing argument was a big contradiction/hypocritical when it came to the Huntress episodes.

Like I said last season, in comparison it seemed like forever to get other DC universe characters in Smallville while in Arrow we have an "expanded" universe right from thes start. I'm most looking forward to seeing Roy develop and hopefully become Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow. If we get to that, I'm hoping people's minds will change about sidekicks (namely WANTING Robin LEGITIMATELY in a Batman movie). But I think I'm wanting and hoping for an adaptation of the classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow story more.

[​IMG]

10. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

There already doing the drug addict thing with Ollie's sister so I doubt they will do with with Roy.

11. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Broken Dolls" October 23, 2013

All-new Arrow tonight at 8 p.m. on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Broken Dolls"
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    OFFICER LANCE’S PAST PUTS LAUREL IN DANGER — Lance (Paul Blackthorne) learns a criminal named Barton Mathis (guest star Michael Eklund), whom he put away years ago, broke out of prison during the quake and is back to torturing and murdering women. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) offers herself as bait so Arrow (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lance can catch this villain, but the plan goes awry. Furious, Mathis kidnaps Laurel (Katie Cassidy) in retaliation and plans to murder her while Lance watches. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) and Oliver are stunned when District Attorney Adam Donner (guest star Dylan Bruce) seeks the death penalty for Moira (Susanna Thompson). Oliver asks Roy (Colton Haynes) to help him find the Canary (Caity Lotz).

12. darkdetective

darkdetective Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer

Holy smokes! Can we expect Ra's now? And did anyone else catch the word AMAZO written on the boat? Dr. Ivo perhaps? Plus finally not calling him The Hood anymore is welcome and long overdue.

13. Wonder Woman

The Amazo reference was great, as was Channel 52. And did Arrow say the van came from "Metamorpho labs" (or something like that)?

The Ra's Al Ghul reference caught me completely by surprised. I was completely surprised. I wonder who this Black Canary is - maybe Talia or Lady Shiva? The best episode of the new season so far - it was great!

And is "Sin" someone from the comics? That also sounds really familiar.

14. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I gotta say, I'm impressed by how they showcased Black Canary's powers. As much as I'd like it to stay true to the comics, the fact that she uses a mechanical device for her sonic scream is pretty cool.
    I'm glad the Dollmaker doesn't have a mask comprised of skin from his father's face. That's pretty icky.
    I'm love this show. Why can't SHIELD be this good?

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, she is. Sin appeared when Black Canary and Lady Shiva switched lives for a year. Sin was being groomed to be the next Lady Shiva and she was later used as a messianic figure in an attempt to reunite all factions of the League of Assassins.

16. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

Anyone else see Slade badly burned in that attack? I guess this will be the turning point that turns him into a villain,

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe that'll be what takes away his eye and makes him start primarily wearing his Deathstroke mask?

18. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Remember this episode air date, because this is the day when EVERYBODY first asked this one question from now on until it happens or the series finale: "When is Batman going to appear?"

Hmmm. I was browsing the respective Wikipedia articles and came across some spoilers on some things (all irrelevant for what I am bringing up). A few days ago an article said Summer Glau was Black Canary (it was later revised/edited to say Caity Lotz). I kept this in mind last night (or at least who exactly is her character is) as now I'm thinking Summer Glau is Arrow's counterpart for Miranda Tate/Talia. Given how we only saw Glau and Lotz both in the premeire episode, but nowhere in the second, I figured it was possible, but now I'm just sticking with her being "Talia". I was hoping Laurel WAS Black Canary, but obviously she isnt, but given her change of heart on Green Arrow, maybe she'll become the second Black Canary or something eventually.

Another episode, and more hints/teasing of an expanded DC universe. Forget when Batman is going to appear. When is SUPERMAN (preferably played by Tom Welling) going to appear?

19. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

I think Black Canary is Sara Lance which is the obvious choice right now. She survived the ship wreck and was found and trained by the League these past few years.

They are using a lot of lesser Batman foes in this series, course Ra's is anything but a lesser foe these days.

20. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

"Crucible" October 30, 2013

[​IMG]
    "Crucible"
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    OLIVER MEETS THE CANARY — Oliver (Stephen Amell) discovers a man who goes by the name “The Mayor” (guest star Cle Bennett) is bringing illegal guns in to The Glades, so Oliver sponsors a “Cash for Guns” event to help clean up the city. Unfortunately, The Mayor crashes the event with his gang and seriously injures Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus). The Canary (Caity Lotz) is furious when she learns her friend is in the hospital and sets out for revenge. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) stuns Oliver with a bit of information about the Canary, Donner (guest star Dylan Bruce) asks Laurel (Katie Cassidy) to dinner, and Diggle (David Ramsey) reconnects with an old friend.