1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Arrow" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

My willing suspension of disbelief was strained past the breaking point by Ragman's rags being able to contain a nuclear blast. Yeah, they are divinely powered, but come on!

At least there was the consequence of the connection between Rory and the rags being damaged, if not broken.

#41 Otaku-sempai, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Well here I am. ;)
    I like the use of RAGMAN, he finally does something.
    Seem like a very good episode to me. 'B'
    Although with Susan Walker starting to connect the dots, I would like to see Christopher Chance return to throw her off the scent.

3. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Wild Dog revealed! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Spectre of the Gun"
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    A traumatic attack on City Hall triggers painful memories for Rene about his family. Flashbacks reveal how Rene went from simple family man to a hero named Wild Dog.

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Out of nowhere our heroes decide to debate gun control and the entire plot/story of the episode is about gun control? Current events & issues are important and worthy of discussion. That said, KEEP POLITICS OUT OF MY ENTERTAINMENT. A gun control advocate want's more gun control. So in order to get it, he decides to kill people with guns. How does that make any sense? I guess this episode answers my question if Wild Dog's gun is a real one and a non lethal one.

Enough with all the Hub City talk. Enough with going to and from Hub City. I don't want hear anyone talk about Hub City again. Unless........ THE QUESTION.

5. Otaku-sempai

Yes, Arrow has actually had a 'Very Special Episode'. It had to happen eventually. Honestly, I felt that it took a fairly balanced approach, though it might have been more impactful if

#45 Otaku-sempai, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  6. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Too many of these shooters in the real world "cop-out" by taking their own lives rather than accept responsibility for their actions, misguided as it often is. Self-martyrdom is no answer.

So the Arrowverse's Wild Dog gets an origin. I remember reading Max Collins' original Wild Dog stories in the late 80's. I get the whole idea of cultural diversity by making Wild Dog a Latino in this series, but the story is almost the same.

7. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

I have to just pause a note that it sure seems like there have been a lot of prison breaks this season. :shrug: New Arrow tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "The Sin-Eater"
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    China White, Cupid and Liza Warner break out of Iron Heights and head to Star City for revenge.

8. hobbyfan

Ok, this Prometheus thing has gone on too long with no real clues. Claybourne's mistress stonewalls Ollie. Shortly after that, the cops try to arrest GA for Billy Malone's murder. Thea screws things up and costs Susan her job, largely out of jealousy.

It leads me to think that Prometheus could be more than one person. Remember, Thea's dad is Malcolm Merlyn. There could still be some evil in her after all, and there might be a small link to the Claybournes.

Ollie's already had one turn on him. It'd be overkill, but none too surprising to see this happen again.

Three days later, and I'm the first one to comment? What's wrong with the group?

9. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

The Star City Sirens go into action against GA and Friends.
    Not enough China White and Cupid.
    Interesting to what kind of fall out happens between Ollie and Thea over her decision to ruin Susan Williams.
    Saw somewhere on another MSG Board that Willa Holland is only contracted for 14 episodes this season. :(

10. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Arrow is almost over! Talk about it here.

[​IMG]
    "Fighting Fire with Fire"
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    After Vigilante attacks Oliver while he’s acting as the mayor, Diggle leads the team in a mission to stop Vigilante once and for all.

11. Otaku-sempai

Okay, so if Adrian Chase is Prometheus then who the heck is this Vigilante? Is there a Saunders running around whom I haven't noticed?

12. hobbyfan

Greg Saunders was the original Vigilante with a Western gimmick in the Golden Age. They tried rebooting him years later, and it didn't take.

Seems to me Berlanti and Crazy Guggenheim decided to shuffle the deck and pull the Roddy Piper card ("When you think you've got all the answers, I change the questions") to swerve the viewers. They claim this was the plan all along. Riiiiiiiiight.

13. Otaku-sempai

Yes, that's why I was wondering if there was a Saunders (Greg or otherwise) lurking about.

I don't see any justification for your skepticism. You might not like this development, but that's no reason to think that they came up with it on the fly. This does make me wonder, though, what motivates Chase as Prometheus (one of DC's now many anti-Batmans).

14. hobbyfan

Finally got to watch the show online.

As I wrote before, the writers opted to use the Roddy Piper line of "when you think you've got all the answers, I change the questions". Shifting Adrian into Prometheus was a swerve no one saw coming, though there are some on other boards who believe Chase could still be both Vigilante & Prometheus, since they've not been seen together to this point, suggesting schizophrenia for Chase.

In the books, Chase, a Marv Wolfman creation, adopted his costumed identity after his family was murdered by mobsters, mirroring the creation of Marvel's Punisher a decade earlier. There are a number of other possibilities for Vigilante, including the original, Greg Saunders, and.....

Alan Welles, a judge who served with Chase after Chase moved from the DA's office to a judgeship.

Ray Winston, who took over after Welles' death.

Patricia Trayce. Yes, it's possible that a female could be the vigilante, but unlikely. If they wanted to go there, they'd have Thea go undercover, but that's equally unlikely. Trayce, in the books, was a rogue cop who fell in love with Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson, and trained with him.

Shaun Powell. A more recent model whose career was in the 90's, and didn't last, as he was retconned out.

Dorian Chase, Adrian's brother, introduced a few years ago in the New 52.

Seven possible suspects, and two and a half months before the finale. The producers have reportedly said that Vigilante's ID won't be revealed this season, saving something for season six. Sure, torture us some more. I can write better than some of these clowns, and all I do is write short stories.

On to the episode. Ollie throwing his alter-ego under the bus might not be the wisest of moves. I suspect that if Team Berlanti doesn't play the schizoid card with Adrian, he will be killed off at the end of the season. Adrian taking Susan, or so it seems, at the end of the show, is a coward's move, IMPO.

Curtis debuts the T-Spheres. That's a winner, but getting served with divorce papers from Paul? Cold, man. Real cold. Welcome to the real world, Mr. Terrific.

Insofar as I know, in the books, Michael "Mr. Terrific" Holt is straight. One wonders if/when Curtis will make his DC debut....

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Arrow is on The CW right now!

[​IMG]
    "Checkmate"
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Oliver gets closer to the truth about Prometheus.

16. hobbyfan

So Adrian Chase is just a mask for some punk named Simon Morrison. Maybe he's still Claybourne's kid after all. Talia's aligned with him, seeking revenge for her father's death. They could've gone with her right from the jump, and spared us this misuse of Adrian, but no.

Not digging the long-term deal with Felicity and Helix. This cannot end well.

17. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

New Arrow! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Kapiushon"
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Prometheus goes to great lengths to break Oliver Queen.

18. hobbyfan

Pathetic. Badly written. You have two months remaining, not sure how many episodes remain.

I have a couple of theories about Adrian Chase/Simon Morrison/Prometheus. I referenced Adrian's brother, Dorian, who was introduced during the New 52 era. What if they brought in Dorian as Adrian's twin brother and had him be Vigilante? That would be as good an excuse as any to keep Josh Segerra around for next season.

My brother and I were just discussing the possibility that Chase/Morrison could be still another alias for a Russian emigre with ties to Bratva. How else to explain how Prometheus has stayed so far ahead of Ollie and knows everything that wasn't voluntarily revealed to him? What if he was related to Gregor somehow? Off putting, I know, but.....!

19. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Past meets present! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Disbanded"
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Diggle and Felicity are shocked by Oliver’s decision to call on the Bratva to help take down Prometheus.

20. hobbyfan

Five minutes to go in watching online, and suddenly, the CW cuts off the feed because of my ad blocker. Hasn't happened before.

Other than that, it didn't take long, really for Ollie to come to his senses, but "not quite there yet" to resume being GA. Still think there's a connection between the Bratva and Chase that we haven't been shown yet.

Where's the rest of the troops commenting on the show?