1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Arrow" News And Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Chaos Yoshi Mage, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

• Like Like x 2
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/15/arrow-season-5-vigilante-revealed-as-wild-dog/

Rick Gonzales (Mr. Robot) will be joining Arrow season 5 as Jake Avery AKA Wild Dog, who will be "...a new vigilante in Star City whose reckless and cocksure nature prompts Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) to take him under his wing."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/arrow-adds-chicago-pd-star-josh-segarra-as-adrian-chase

Josh Segarra (Chicago P.D.) will be playing Adrian Chase, otherwise known as Vigilante in the comics.

Chase will be "Star City’s new district attorney and an ally of Mayor Oliver Queen."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Vigilante? Awesome ! Here's to hoping both of these guys have their comic costumes. They'd be great if they just do faithful adaptations.

I last saw Rick on Reaper and I'm familiar with Josh from his PBS days. Hopefully, this won't be Wildcat over again.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #163 Rick Jones, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So basically Tobias Whale?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

COOL!. Hope they due justice to Max Allen Collins and Terry Beatty masked crimefighter "Wild Dog".
    Anyway He better be used more efficiently then "Wild Cat" was. They wasted that character.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

8. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm all for adding more LGBT characters to the roster, but why make Mr. Terrific gay? They didn't have to, after all there are plenty of character in the comics who are already gay, like the second Starman, Mikaal/Michael Thomas. There's a good opportunity to explore the lgbt community right there, as well as utilize an underrated character. Or shoot, create a new character.

I don't mean to sound crude, but for me personally, I find it unnecessary to make the character gay in the show.

• Like Like x 1
    #169 Troy Troodon, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, while season 4 was bit more super-y then past seasons, I think putting in Starman would've been pushing it :sweat:.

I admit to thinking the same at the time it was announced what they were doing with Mr. Terrific, and I also never understood what they were going for by changing his actual name (I guess to separate him from the straight Michael Holt?), but I have to assume they picked Mr. Terrific because he thought they would work well with the story and setting they were going with in season 4, and then decided to add even a bit more diversity by making him gay.

Which is fair, even if it's not something I would've done (preferring to use a character who's actually LGBT in the comics), and I'm just happy that Curits has generally proven to be as enjoyably and respectfully portrayed character as he has been :).

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Season 5 trailer:

Info from the panel:

11. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Looking to seeing RAGMAN. Created by Joe Kubert and Robert Kanigher.

12. melissaknop

melissaknop New Member

Remove the film on comics, that's one thing, but the TV series, is quite another. The difference is that when filming the series, it is necessary to think over all, performed in detail. What this show failed. Although if we talk about it as a TV series for children, it is very good. In the 90s there were many similar series about the characters, and then all admired, but when you remember about them now, you know what they are ridiculous. So the "Arrow" is such a case.

Like and effects at the site, but looks very funny, all the fights and chases.

Generally I'm a fan of DC and I love their films, but soap operas, serials with all the very bad situation at Marvel Conversely, films for children, but the series is very good

When you make a series of comics need to strictly adhere to the canons, or else act like in the 90s but to invent a character based on a real hero, then it works, and so, just disgraced good comic book characters.

Thank you for your attention, you only good films and serials.

3/10

13. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

I wonder what other DC properties would make a great fit for The Arrowverse, Blue Beetle And Booster Gold, Suicide Squad, Young Justice, the Possibilities are endless. Hey We might even see A Shazam and Dr.Fate TV series too.

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

15. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

A character I never would've thought would be here. It still doesn't seem so long since the Mark Valley series ended.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Joe Wilson to be played by Liam Hall. And from the announcement it seems as though he's more likely to become Ravager (I) rather than Jericho. This would also make Joe much older than brother Grant (the Deathstroke of 2046).
    I do have to wonder if half-sister Rose might eventually appear.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ndanan212

ndanan212 New Member

• Like Like x 1