"Arrow" News And Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Chaos Yoshi Mage, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

2. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

Yeah, so that's:

Raven
    Deadman
    The Spectre

I think the studios are just trying to get as many superhero properties on tv to milk the current boom. Once it fades again, we will wait and see.

I might actually like Green Arrow as a live action series. I hope Greg Weisman gets to do a script or two. I just have to wonder who they'll get as Black Canary. I think it's weird they're not tying it in to the Smallville universe, then again I haven't watched that show with dedication since Season 4 or 5, so I don't know what they did with the characters.

3. Chaos Yoshi Mage

You forgot Booster Gold, and if it's still being shopped around in some form Blue Beetle (Shots from the test footage have been in DC Nation promos so it hasn't been complete abandoned).

I'm guessing it's not linked to Smallville because then they'd have to explain Clark's absence, plus

It doesn't seem like WB is too concerned on connecting their DC properties anyway. I wonder if this will take in any of the ideas proposed for the Green Arrow movies that have been in development hell (The origin one and the Supermax one).

4. the greenman

Oh, okay thanks.

As for Supermax, yeah, that could be a good season arc. Get the screenwriters to adapt it and stretch it out.

5. suss2it

suss2it New Member

I'm a Green Arrow fan, so I'd definitely watch at least the first six episodes based on that alone. But at this point I'll believe when I see it. WB has what, four other DC properties in development with no signs of any of them airing anytime soon?

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Interesting, this has me the most interested in.

To sum it up from what we know and what's been posted here at TZ before (did I miss anything?):

• Wonder Woman - Pilot made, Not Picked Up by NBC
    • Blue Beetle - Possibly as Shorts on CN's DC Nation
    • Raven - CW
    • Sandman - Neil Gaiman, in development
    • Deadman - Eric Kripke, in development for CW (formerly TNT)
    • The Spectre - Brandon Camp and Bill Gerber, in development for FOX
    • Booster Gold - Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, for SyFy

7. the greenman

Yeah, seems like DC is scrambling. Crazy since they should have been pitching stuff two years ago, guess all the money went into the GL film. I really don't understand why DC seems so reluctant to introduce their other heroes. I think B Timm may have nailed it by stating its a lack of stories at the ground level with the comics. I know he was refering to the dtv's, but it seems to be the same for television and film.

8. tazmaniak

tazmaniak New Member

9. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Well, some of this stuff was tossed around 2 years ago, but they're really dragging their feet.

So, I'm guessing we should be looking at Human Target for the type of show we'll be seeing with this? A DC show that's far removed from the DCU.

10. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

I honestly don't get it. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the Wonder Woman series that wasn't picked up would've done well. I'm not saying it would've been one of the top ten shows on television, but it easily would've had an audience. Green Arrow isn't a guarentee to do well.

11. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

Yeah there are a lot of comic book based shows in the works. it does not mean they will happen but they are possible anyway. I know that there are a few Marvel shows in the works too. I don't know if it's Disney trying to keep up with Warner brothers or the opposite but we will probably be getting a lot of Marvel and DC based live action shows in the future.

Marvel shows I know of in the works might be missing some.
    AKA Jessica Jones
    Cloak and Dagger
    I remember hearing of a new live action Hulk series and a Punisher one as well. and maybe more.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  12. tazmaniak

tazmaniak New Member

Marvel TV is currently developing AKA Jessica Jones, with Melissa Rosenberg serving as writer and executive producer and Hulk, with Guillermo Del Toro and Battlestar Galactica's David Eick as executive producers.Those are for ABC.

They're developing Cloak and Dagger and Hummingbird for ABC Family.

The Punisher is being developed for Fox, with Criminal Mind's showrunner Ed Bernero as executive producer.

Powers isn't a Marvel Universe series, but it is from Marvel Icon and it's being developed for FX.

DC/WB are developing the recently announced Green Arrow and Deadman, with Supernatural creator Eric Kripke as writer and executive producer, for The CW.

They're making The Spectre for Fox, with John Doe's creator, Brandon Camp, serving as writer and executive producer.

Booster Gold is being made for Syfy, from Andrew Kreisberg, who is also writing the script for Green Arrow.

13. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

They should've done this years ago.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

LOL, CW. Honestly, I doubt that Green Arrow will get very far at all.

15. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

While I do agree that it's most likely that the show won't end up getting a very long run, you never know. It could turn out to be a very good show. The problem that it's going to have is getting people to initially give it a chance. Wonder Woman would've had no trouble at all getting people to give it a try. But Green Arrow, I just don't know that enough people will give it a chance.

16. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Oh man, I really Human Target. Not so much season 2 though. Anyway, I think a Green Arrow series removed from the greater DCU could work out pretty well. He and his corner of the DCU are usually pretty down to earth anyway.
    It's Mockingbird. If that ever goes into production I'm betting Hawkeye would show up in some capacity, since they have quite the history together in the comics.

If Green Arrow is going to the CW it could have a really long run. For one, there isn't nearly as much pressure to succeed rating wise, since their highest rated show, only gets around 3 million views. CW also tends to keep their shows going for a pretty long time. Often past their expiry dates IMO.

17. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Eh, I'd rather watch that rumored Batman show than one about Green Arrow.

Unless it was an older, ass kicking Green Arrow. THAT would be worth watching. I'm tired of these origin focused shows.

18. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

That would be a cool idea too bad this being CW there is a better chance that one could literally hit two birds with one stone.

19. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

As much as like Green Arrow I do not want to see Green Arrow TV Series, He be better off guest staring in a Batman Movie or in a Justice League Flim.

If he star in his own Series I don't think it going to last one season.

20. the greenman

I think if they do Green Arrow in the DCU it might be successful. If they go the route of making him a kinda adventurer, I doubt the series will have legs unless the writing is done really well.

They could be trying to do him in the vein of Iron Man, a rich Playboy who becomes a knight for his corporate. They could go the espionage route easy, but I don't know. Tell you what. Give me a script by Kevin Smith and him possibly directing the pilot and I'm there.