"Arrow" General News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Frontier, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

I think I've seen her play a similar character a few times now. Haven't seen her in anything in forever though.

3. Frontier

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

:D (see my blog entry from last year)

I hope they aren't jumping the gun for the character. If they're thinking that they're just going to introduce the character in Arrow and give him his own series like The Flash, I don't see it working out. I think the Atom can be a good frequent guest character or series regular (in BOTH series'), but I don't think the Atom can hold his own for a TV show if they want it to last for a few seasons.

I guess it worked out for Brandon Routh after all. He's part of a BETTER live action shared DC universe. As I've said before and will continue to say, the shared live action DC universe has a promising future. ON TELEVISION ONLY!!!!!!!

I'm still amazed at how Arrow has done more to set up a shared or even expanded universe in just 3 seasons in comparison to how long it took Smallville to do it.

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

6. Frontier

I'm really, really interested to see where they'll go with Ray on the show, and if they'll actually go all the way and have him become The Atom in season 3 or just leave him as a normal businessman with only references to his superhero identity. Honestly, with the Arrow-verse as it is, it can go either way :sweat:.

I do find it interesting that Ray's role in the series, whether intentional or not on his part, is in some ways that of an antagonist to Oliver since as the new CEO he's what's standing between Oliver and his family's company. Not to mention that things that come out of the Applied Science Division rarely turn out well...

7. Frontier

8. Frontier

The (Green) Arrow finally has his sidekick. Presenting: Arsenal!

[​IMG]

9. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

This scenario is (unfortunately) all to common in the source material, BUT, would a "death" or legitimate death of Oliver Queen and Roy as Green Arrow (or his own hero persona/identity) story work on TV?

I want to know why (or how) they were able to make kid/teenage sidekicks work here (and I'm sure some would argue FINALLY made it work), yet there has been reluctance and no doubt will continue to be reluctance to LEGITIMATELY do Robin in a live action Batman.

10. Frontier

I guess because Roy's age is pretty vague in the series? He's at least probably eighteen like Thea is, maybe older by season 2, which means he's at least legally an adult.

I don't expect Oliver to leave the series anytime soon, or actually die so that someone else can take up the mantle of Green Arrow. Not that I see it being Roy either. There's still Oliver's son to introduce, whose likely going to turn out to be Conner Hawke, though he's probably only five years old now. He and Diggle's kid can be playmates :sweat:.

On the costume itself, I think it's pretty awesome and one of the best suits to come out of the show :D.

Though without the Mirakuru, Roy strikes me as being more Red Arrow than Arsenal but whatever :p.

11. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men

[video=youtube;ZKE36sL6jKc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKE36sL6jKc[/video]

That's right, Ra's al Ghul is coming.

12. Frontier

That... that trailer :eek:!

Count Vertigo, Malcolm/Dark Archer, and now Ra's al Ghul as season 3's Big Bad... things are about to get really tough for Green Arrow. Though I wonder how Malcolm is going to factor into all this, and if they're saving up his return to Big Bad status for the possible fourth season? I guess a likely reason for Ra's coming to the city is to hunt down Malcolm, so I could see a team up between Arrow and Dark Archer to take him down.

Looking forward to seeing Ra's on the small screen :D.

I wonder if we'll finally get to see Talia?

Oh, and Canary's back. That was faster than I expected :sweat:.

Looks like Sara is supporting Oliver pursuing Felicity. I wonder if it's partly because she thinks that they'd be good together and partly because she still thinks she's a bad influence on him and isn't in a position to leave Nyssa?

Other highlights from the comic-con panel:

- Originally the creative team wanted to use Ted Kord, but DC apparently has plans for his character and suggested Ray Palmer instead.

- Episode 8 of Flash and episode 8 of Arrow will be part of a whole two-hour crossover event, basically the "World's Finest" of the Arrow-Verse. Felicity will also be showing up in the fourth episode of the Flash, the one debuting Captain Cold. I wonder who the villain of the crossover will be?

- Lots of speculation about where Thea will be going and if she'll end up being to Dark Archer what Arsenal is for Arrow.

- Speaking of Arsenal, Roy finally becoming the sidekick his dynamic with Oliver bring out elements of the "classic Oliver Queen" that they're building towards.

- There was some of this in the trailer, but with a baby on the way there'll be some tension on whether Diggle should stay on Team Arrow that will be explored this season.

13. gmster

gmster Active Member

A possible Suicide Squad spin-off is in the works.

Could 'Arrow' Season 3 get a Suicide Squad spinoff? - Zap2it | News & Features

14. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Active Member

15. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

Arrow Season 3 Stephen Amell Interview at Comic-Con

Good I don't want these actor crossing over to the Man of Steel. Batman v Superman:Dawn of Justice and Justice League Universe anyway because their not good of actors to be on big sreen with the of Ben.Henry.Gal and more.

16. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

Nah, I'd love to see them crossover into the films. That would be great. Personally, I think it makes a lot of sense and would be pretty easy to do.

17. Frontier

He's a lot younger than I'd expect for Wildcat, but still, nice to see another Superhero turning up in Arrow :).

Honestly, Ted becoming Wildcat seems more likely to happen than Ray becoming the Atom :sweat:.

I wonder if he'll train Laurel so that she'll finally get to Black Canary level of ability?

18. Frontier

David Cubitt (Medium) will be playing Mark Shaw, one of the many to don the Manhunter identity in the comics:

"Arrow" Season Three Finds Its Manhunter - Comic Book Resources

He'll be playing An ARGUS agent who crosses paths with Diggle in Corto Maltese, though after what happened to Kate Spencer, I'm not expecting him to become Manhunter anytime soon :sweat:.

19. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

They've gotten more comfortable with costumes and code names, so I wonder if they'll actually call him Manhunter...

20. Frontier

I guess it could be the case that they cast Kate fully intending her to just be the DA Laurel has to constantly blackmail and who gets killed off at the end, while Shaw's being cast with the intention of him becoming Manhunter.