Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog: Who would voice him?

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Shift, Dec 13, 2008.

?

Who do you see Archie's Sonic now being voiced by?

1. Jaleel White

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Ryan Drummond

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Jason Griffith

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

Here's a totally hypothetical issue: Sonic started out on TV voiced by Jaleel White, and it was this version that's been the main basis for the comic series. Even as the show went in and out of production, the comics stayed strong, and I presume many people continued to imagine hims with White's voice. Then of course, we got Ryan Drummond as the new official voice, and some time after that we got Jason Griffith in the new show and later in the games.

My question is, is Archie's version of Sonic viewed as sounding the way he started out, by White? Do people feel his voice ought to align with the newer versions from Drummond and subsequently Griffith? That's the question I'm posing here today!

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

You know... I've always heard Johnny Young Bosch as of late in my head while reading Sonic.

3. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Samuel L. Jackson. Seriously, read an issue with that in mind and see what you think.

4. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

Jason Griffith - keep in mind I didnt start reding the comic till 06 so thats why

5. soundmonkey44

soundmonkey44 Melancholic Man.

For me Jallel White Was & is the only Voice for Sonic!

I still Hear the rest of the SATAM cast for the FF (Except tails i usually here his SA2 voice)

THe 4kids voices for the newer characters and the Chaotix

I hear Michelle Ruffs voice for julie-su

Jason Griffiths Dark-spine sonic voice for scourge

and A really Scratchy evil voice for FInitivus!

Oh and Mammoth Mougel Sounds like Shaun Connery!

6. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

Whenever I read the comic I always hear Jaleel White's voice in my head but truthfully I think post issue 70 (the Adventure design change) I think his voice is actually a cross between White's attitude and Drummond's pitch. Jason Griffith still sounds a little high pitched to me but he was nice to hear in Unleashed.

O-chan

7. satam55

satam55 Active Member

Jaleel White is the Definitive Sonic the Hedgehog.

8. aalong64

aalong64 Active Member

I agree completely with what O-chan said. Up until the Sonic Adventure redesign, I still pictured him with Jaleel White's voice, but after that it's probably more a combination of White and Ryan Drummond, if not Drummond entirely. The problem for me is that the scripts and acting were generally so cheesy in the adventure games (even though those games were very fun) that I can't picture him having that voice and not saying really cheesy stuff. I just can't imagine how it would sound.

And since I finally stopped following the franchise around the time Sonic X started, I don't know what Jason Griffith sounds like.

9. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

Jallel White all the way. He was simply the classic, original voice and he performed it well.

It may be because I just came from Wolverine, but I'd like to hear Ryan Reynolds try out the character, if another Sonic series is made. (And if they can afford him.)

10. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

I go with Jaleel White partially because I grew up listening to that particular Sonic voice, mostly because he's voiced Sonic on 3 different shows and also because I haven't heard the other voice actors enough.

11. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

If there was a Sonic SatAM reboot, I'd choose Atticus Schaffer (who plays Brick Heck on ABC sitcom "The Middle") to voice Sonic.