1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Archie Comics" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by dth1971, Mar 4, 2007.

?

Rate and Comment on This Series!

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

50.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Good question re: Veronica...

As previously established, Archie's world apparently is full of differently-named analogues for real-world objects, people, etc. to appear amusing/less dated. Thus, the theater marquee displaying "4 Stooge Brothers" and the "Earth-2" Betty mentioning "The Silhouette"...

-B.

2. Chris Wood

Chris Wood Desslar

I'm not sure those fictional names make it sound more current though. "Three Stooges" should be replaced with something like "Roller Skates of Glory" or "Charlemagne Dynamite."

3. Anthonynotes

Not for the "Stooges" scene--- Archie was still in the "past" version of Riverdale in the scene with the Stooges' movie on the marquee (when they were theatrical shorts).

4. Chris Wood

Chris Wood Desslar

Ah, OK. But then why not stick with using "Three Stooges"?

5. Anthonynotes

Because it's supposed to be funny? :) (Even though Pinky and the Brain's "The Three Morons" was a better Stooge-name variant...)

By that analogy, 70s Superman comics shouldn't have used "Johnny Nevada" as the semi-frequently-mentioned Earth-1's favorite talk show host, and just called him "Johnny Carson" instead...

-B.

6. TSRROXZ

TSRROXZ Member

did anyone get Jughead and Friends # 23? (the one where he goes out to the real world and meets the people at Archie Comics)

and Tales From Riverdale # 22 and 23? (Part 1 & 2 of the Civil Chore thing Part 3 isnt out yet)

7. Lord Pumpkin

Lord Pumpkin Member

I got a sneak peek at Civil Chore pt. 3 at Archiecomics.com. The problem is that January Andrews is from the future, and we haven't seen her since Jughead's Time Police series. Sabirina lives in Westbridge/Greendale, and has her own problems in her title. I like to see a Archie/Sonic crossover happen. Sort of like the Sabrina/Sonic crossover from years back.

8. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

What the.....they brought January back??

Details, please.

9. SAMaine

SAMaine Member

Actually, Four Stooge Brothers sounds like an accurate "Earth-2"ism, it appears to be an amalgamation of the Three Stooges and the Marx Brothers.

10. Lord Pumpkin

Lord Pumpkin Member

The description said that Archie characters past and present will be in this three-parter. Since Jan is Archie's great granddaughter from the future, she must be on Jughead's side. As for the mysterious figure at the end of part 2, it's got to be the Elevenaire.

11. TSRROXZ

TSRROXZ Member

i thought it was the Elevenaire too but the silhouette of the man on the cover of part 3 looks like Mr. Lodge and that would make sense since he is multi-billionaire

12. TSRROXZ

TSRROXZ Member

i got part 3 and i love the page where everyone old and new characters are there!! its amazing!!

13. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

If you guys are going to continue to discuss the latest issues, (and not just the history of the comic book) I think it's only appropriate that we rename this thread, and turn it into the official Archie Comics Series Talkback!!! :)

14. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Can anyone scan that page?

15. TSRROXZ

TSRROXZ Member

16. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

They've added some new characters since I grew out of the series. "Wendy Weatherbee," huh?

And isn't "Fernando Ruiz" the name of an Archie artist?

If that's the only place January shows up, then it was apparently a random cameo easter egg for those that would recognize it. Look how nervous Jug looks; "what if people see this?"

This is not the complete and total Riverdale roster there has ever been, which is what I was hoping for.

I remember that; it was rather random for Jug to suddenly be involved with two girls after decades of only caring about burgers. The first cover of Jughead's Double Digest had Joani on it.

17. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

You think Archie should have fictional celebirties, that are loosely based on real celbebirties? It would make it seem more to todays readers.

I do have an idea not for the main Archie world, but for one of the extention of the Archie world Josie. I got the inspiration from two things, first of all reading an old She' Josie story Mr. Cabot Loses His Marbles in this month's Archie's Pals n Gals Digest, and the latest episdoe of Avatar: The Last Airbender The Beach . The idea focuses on the Cabot twins and their relationship with each other, and while they might not each other very much, but they care about each other enough that they don't let outsiders (the other characters in the Josie gang, they might get away, because they know its all in friendly fun) get away with hurting or making fun of the other twin.

My idea, this girl starts dating Alexander, she seems nice, Alex takes her on laverese places, buys her expensive jewerly, etc. but she is not that she seems. Alexandra (maybe the rest of the Josie gang except for Alexander, but that is irreverlent) overhears Alex's girlfriend talking to her friends, and she tells them, she is only dating Alex for his money, and using him to expensive gifts and go to fancy restuarants, etc.

Alexandra decides to get revenge on this girl, because no one messes with a Cabot and gets away with it.. How she does I am not sure. Maybe for once, use her witchcraft for good, or even have the rest of the gang help her get revenge on Alex's girlfriend.

This idea sounds like it would be better in the pre Pussycats era. It shows that the Cabot twins care about each other to the readers, without admiting it to each other.

18. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

They only made Alexandra a witch for a few early Josie stories.

19. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Oh, powers or no powers it is not revelent to what I said before. Alexandra is a crafty enough character to get revenge on this gold digger without witchcraft.

What do you think of my story idea?, could have been a nice fan fic, if Archie comics didn't have a no fan fic rule.

If the whole Josie gang helped out to give Alexander's girlfriend what she deserves, you would have had to pull Albert or Alan's arm to be a part of it. Alex he never got along with who ever Josie's boyfriend was, though I think Albert returned the dislike to Alex, more than Alan.

It would be a rare Cabot twin sibling bonding story.

I think I will move this conversation to the story board message board.

20. TSRROXZ

TSRROXZ Member

he's the one that made this story so he put himself in lol...

There are more people within the story like the old and almost forgotten Wilbur