1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

April's Drawing Board Open - Best Couples

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Barb Gordon, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Ugh... And so, the puns begin... Must be that time of the month again! :rolleyes: :p

2. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

With one more day to spare, I made it!

A couple of things about my picture:

a) Sorry it's not colored. I meant to do it, but so many other things popped up.

2) For those of you who don't understand, these characters are Danny and Sawyer from the movie Cats Don't Dance. If you haven't seen it, please do.

3) There's a CDD fan artist named Shelley Pleger. She's posted here a few times. My work here is nowhere near her level (now that I think about it, she sets the bar unnaturally high), but it's still good.

P.S. Some really great pictures here; mitch, in particular, continues to blow me away.

Attached Files:

3. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Lonestarr - congrats on making the deadline! :) That's a very cute picture with a nice cartoony look to it; I especially like their heads/faces! I haven't seen Cats Don't Dance yet, but I've heard good things about it, so I definitely will pick it up next time I need to go to the video store!

4. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice composition and the shadows flank the characters nicely. Maybe at a later date.. some colour.. :D No I haven't seen the film - but it can't be as bad as people not seeing Blade Runner... ;)

5. Outlander00

Actually, I HAVE seen the movie and it was kind of cool! :p Whos the geek now?!

*looks around* Dont answer that :p

Nice line work and simplistic... Not too crazy about the shadows, but overall a solid penciling. I want to see color though! :)

6. alienfirst

alienfirst Dragon Queen

*runs in just before the deadline* It's not the 25th where I live yet! Looking through this post at the last moment I thought to myself, "I really want to enter. I've got to have a couple picture I did recently? Right?!?!" Low and behold, as if summoned by some mysterious force (AKA Senor Pez, my younger sisters pet fish who also happens to be God of the known universe), I found the scan(and more importantly, CG which I finished sometime in the month of April) this:

[​IMG]

It is hosted on Geocities, so if it suddenly comes up as a red 'x', I'll go and move it over to my Darkhosts account. As for the interpretation of the theme, my moods tend to swing from anime to anime, TV show to TV show, and I go through different phases of obsessiveness. However, Icchan and Shuuko from the anime (it is okay to do anime, is it?) Angelic Layer, have remained one of my favorite couples *anywhere*. Why? Icchan would do practically anything to make Shuuko happy. She doesn't really know it, but Icchan's younger half brother does, and it's great seeing him prod Icchan into making a move. But Icchan is Icchan and he can never do anything simple.

It doesn't really hold a candle to the other wonderful entries, but there's always a first time for everything, ne? I will definately have something much better next time ^_~

7. Outlander00

I dunno... Yours just adds to many of the great entries this month.

I finally get to see your style as a whole, and it was well worth the wait! Very good emotion, energy, and the coloring is top notch! Very good, alienfirst! :)

8. Dee

Dee What?

OH YEAH... hey did you get the version I edited with the different background? I was bored out of my skull and I was like 'I wanna play!' and I ended up askin' ya about it.

9. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

It's so adorable alienfirst, I really love it! The coloring flows together so well, and the pic really gets an 'awww' out of me. Love the guy's expression, so classic. And don't worry, I'm going to let the deadline carry a little bit longer since the 30th of the month isn't until Wed. So everyone can keep on submitting pics up until Sunday! Voting will begin Monday.

~Barb

10. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

And don't worry, I'm going to let the deadline carry a little bit longer since the 30th of the month isn't until Wed. So everyone can keep on submitting pics up until Sunday! Voting will begin Monday.

Can I ask why? We have plently of pics submitted so there is lots to vote for. Most of the regular contributers have already posted pics so I am seeing no need to extend the deadline.

11. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

It can do no harm. We've yet to upload all these pics to the website that will display them - so we aren't ready to commence voting. If we closed the comp now, we wouldn't have the gallery up to let you view them all, so these days would be wasted. A few more days allows us to get things ready and in the meantime, if more pics come in - that's great. We are a little behind schedule but I'm sure you can remain patient for just a couple of more days.... :)

12. Alaskanbullworm

Alaskanbullworm Looks like I'm back!

Hehehe, past the deadline. I'm a regular Benedict Arnold.

Abe and Joan from Clone High.
    [​IMG]

13. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

OK. I just wanted a reason.

14. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Whoa, there are some great entries here - gonna be tough deciding who to vote for... Guess I could always just make my decision easier by seeing which of you entrants can offer me the most er... fiscal incentives![/B] :D

15. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

S'ok bud. If you have any questions feel free to voice them. There are no hidden agendas here. It's a community and as such, we like any input. Since we strive to make this community as active as possible, we are better helped by feedback in any form of questions. In this case we have reasons, but I understand your point. You work hard to meet a deadline and it's extended. It can be frustrating.

In short - keep the feedback and questions coming!

Ooo, and Frozen has reminded me I get to vote this time too!! :D

16. Outlander00

Hey, Frosty and Barb... You two and I need to, uh... talk! yeah, thats it!

Is that 4 or 5 zeros again because I forgot what the deal was? :p

Seriously, though... When is the cut off time today for all of those wanting to know?

17. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

...how about midnight? That gives us...five more hours, according to PST.

-Tim

18. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Midnight sounds like a perfect time. That's going to be by Pacific Standard time, so for those living on the east coast, it'd be about 3 in the morning for you. Midnight is approx. 4 hours and 40 minutes away from this point, so you still have time to bring stuff in!

~Barb

19. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

We are hoping - providing Barb is cool with it - to get these onto an external site and post the link in a new thread.. it may take a few days to get them up.. if you need a hand Barb I can get it up tomorrow if you are on a study bend... my week is reasonably open judging from my uni schedule..

20. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Sure, that'd be a big help. I should have gotten them up over this past weekend, but I didn't. And right now I'm going to register for my fall classes in like...20 minutes, and tomorrow I'm busy finishing the casting for my Batgirl costume and working on two papers I have due this week, one of Wednesday and one of Friday....oh thank god I only have two weeks of school left! *dies*

~Barb