1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

April's Drawing Board Open - Best Couples

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Barb Gordon, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Yay, more pics! :D

Red Bird - some nice detail on DD's outfit, and yet another take on this month's theme: cool!

Mitch - Sigh, well now I've gone all green-eyed. . . looks very professional, and I love the pose!

2. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

Man this month is going by fast and I still don't know what I'm going to do. You guys are pumping out some great stuff though!

3. mitch

mitch vigilante

another entry?

was recently inspired by a pose i saw in a magazine which i think shows more affection :D

[​IMG]

thanks for the kind comments for the earlier post! :D

4. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

Some very cool entries this month!

Well, here's mine. Not my original choice, or even second for that matter, but since Psylocke and Cypher are spending all their free time alone, Hitomi and Lei Fang hung a 'do not disturb' sign on the door, and Mirelle and Kirika are busy with assassinations... so, I went with my fourth choice. :)

I give you my Best Couple:

Éclair and Lumière from the Animated Series, Kiddy Grade .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (oh, and these two are much older than they appear to be!)

Enjoy!

#104 Bic, Apr 20, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  5. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Twilight IN Paris ^^

Well, here is my entry. A big THANKS and HUG to Outlander for coloring the pic for me!

I call this pic "Twilight in Paris"
    It's the city of love and romance.

Here are two of my characters: Lady Saphire Xanthos & her beloved in the beautiful French city.

[​IMG]

6. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

All three of these last entries are oh so touching, the coloring is great, and they all make you go awww! damn you all.

Mitch, another lovely one that makes me get all warm and fuzzy inside. Eskimo kisses are so affection and can convey as much meaning as someone lip locking.

Bic, absolutely stunning coloring as always. And some great subject matter! I've never seen the series myself, but your drawing of the characters is so beautiful, I might have to check it out.

Kylie, awwwww! Love the added touch with the Paris background, and Lady Xanthos' pose is so simple and perfect.

Keep 'em coming people!

~Barb

7. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Ooooo, more pics! And even further competition! :)

From the top:

Mitch - another great li'l Dana and Terry pic! She looks...bigger than usual, but still very nice, indeed. :)

Bic - Not too familiar with the characters, but excellent use of shapes and colours. :)

Kylie Darlin' - So THAT'S what the famous Saphire Xanthos looks like. She's very purrdy - and that's a lucky guy there with her. The addition of the Parisian background is a nice touch, too. Should gone with another french city though - if it were up to me, it'd be a lot more romantic with the Big O in the background or something. ;)

Great stuff, guys!

-Tim

8. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

Very cute Kylie! A parisian background, a guy who looks exactly like me... is there a hidden message? :D

9. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

I know, I've been slacking... Unfortunately the local brat had me busy for the past few days :p *pokes then hugs KW*

Lets start from the top, shall we?! :D

Redbird - One of the better pics I have seen you do... Nice use of color and better rendering of characters.

mitch -
    I couldnt tell!! :p Very cute, indeed, and consistent in both images as well. Both images deffinately have that "AWWWWwwwwww" factor... Now if they were ever like that in the series :p. On a side note... where did all of these BB fans come from?! :p

Bic - Do you have some issues you need to tell us about? :p
    Seriously, though... Nice little set up with it being pretty clean in design and polish. It also has a some functionality too, since it looks like you layed it out in such a way that you were going to use it as a poster. The draw back to it is that the subject matter would be a turn off to some (not to mention theres a lot of fan service in it :p). Strong composition all around. :)

Kylewayne - Im a little impartial to this one, since I've worked on it. :p I thought the drawing was always a great image to begin with. Now with the color and background added to it, it makes the image that much better! One of my favorites this month, I say :)

10. Outlander00

Alright all... Time to throw my hat into the ring here!

It has been a very hectic month for me and felt this image (unfortunately the only one this month) was a little rushed and not thought out and sketched out properly, so I apologize for it not being up to my normal standards.

As a tribute to a fan loved, now cancelled, Sci-Fi show... Here is everyones favorite Bonnie & Clyde of the Uncharted Territories. Yes, many people asked for it (I think)...

Here are Aeryn Sun and John Crichton from Farscape!
    [​IMG]

11. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Wheeeeeeee! More pics posted! :D

Mitch - another really sweet picture of those two, tho' I gotta admit I still like the first one better!;)

Bic - I'm not familiar with the series, but the pic looks awfully professional with great coloring and detail work. Great job!:)

Kylewayne - AWWWWW! Too sweet! I love the pose and the intimacy between the characters!

Outlander00 - I've only seen a couple of eps of Farscape, so I really don't know the characters. It's another great pose, tho', and I like the expression on John's face. :)

12. TimTwoFace

Hey Outlander! I saw your original pic over AIM a few days ago, and liked it then, but after you fiddled with the shading and colours, it looks even better! Good job, man!

-Tim

13. Kylewayne

Aeryn Sun and John Crichton from Farscape look so CUTE! Are you sure JC isn't you Outlander? :) *pokes* =D
    I still say it does! =D

I like this fuzzy, cute drawing even if they are pointing a gun at me for being the local brat^^ *grin*

14. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Okay, I was just messing around with this idea and I thought "Well, why not post it?" It's got tons of perspective problems, and yes, I do need to put in more practice time on backgrounds (ocean/sunrise is also kinda difficult with pencil :p ); it also looked a lot better before my scanner got to it (the lighter the color is, the more likely the scanned image will just show white - sigh). But anyway, I still was very happy with the facial expressions. Oh, and they're just original characters, not meant to be anyone in particular.

Entry #2:

[​IMG]

15. TimTwoFace

I always like the soft pastel colours you use in your pics, Ikwig. Everything is so soft and peaceful, even though both characters in the picture don't look too happy about their situation - one sad, and one mad. :p I like it, though. *THUMBS UP* :)

-Tim

16. Outlander00

Ikwig, you did it again! :D

I like this more than the Kenshin/Karou piece, and I loved that one! :D Very soft and light with the characters very animated.

I'll say it again... You have a style that is rather marketable (especially in the childrens book, character design, and other outlets)... Keep drawing and refining it, and you can make a name for yourself!

*suddenly is haunted by the words of Darth Vader... "The last time we met, I was but a learner... Now I am the master!"* :p

17. Kylewayne

Ikwig, I must say rthat is such a lovely drawing! :)
    The guy looks so dishy ...what a cutie! I would be clinging on to him like that woman in your pic.^^

The colors are soft and it's so nice and simple. Keep it up^^

18. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

More awesome pics! Keep 'em coming. :)

19. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Hey, thanks for the nice comments, all - you seriously made my day! (No, seriously, I was having a rather bum day until I read those comments, so thanks muchly for the needed pick-up! :) )

I'll keep practicing!:D

20. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

The beauty of doing fav couples is that it's a sure fire why to draw the audience into the picture - regardless of the method used in making the pic. These are lovely. I've missed too many to comment on them all, and my current lack of mouse makes posting tiresome.. :(

Having seen KW's previously I must say how pleased I am with Outlander's finish which really compliment the drawing. Mitch's Terry and Dana? Best couple? lol. I know what you mean - I love them together, but let's face it, SHE's the good one! Why she hasn't walked out on him yet is beyond me... Beyond... geddit?!

Irwig - I think your soft and gentle colours are beautiful and are a wonderful counterpart to the vivid and unrelanting CG from Bic. Just proof how two different styles can be so different yet equally strong.

I've missed commenting on so many more.. Great shame... have to hurry if you have any more! April is nearly over! :)