1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[Anyone Remember This ?] Late 1980's Toon Stars Warn You Not to Do Drugs

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Chris Sanders MSX, Dec 21, 2002.

1. ZorBrak

ZorBrak I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.

Oh! I have seen this! I remember it simply because the Ninja Turtles were in it :D

2. DJ Raza

DJ Raza Anti-Degenerate

Heh, its been years and years seen I've seen this special. I hardly even remember it. I probably would try to look for it at Blockbuster or something, but I'd feel kind of embarassed renting it.

I mean, what would the people behind the counter think seeing someone come up to them with movies like "The Usual Suspects", "Goodfellas" and then "Cartoon All-Stars To The Rescue!"

I also remember that "Flintstone Kids Say No to Drugs" special too. But that one just didn't seem as entertaining. Of course, I never found the Flintstone Kids really entertaining anyway (but that's just me).

3. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

Do what I do when you rent or buy embarassing kiddie stuff and teh person at the counter looks at you weird, say it's for your little brother or sister.

4. Nick Biped

Nick Biped Letting My Mind Wander

Hey, I remember this show. I think I saw it at least twice, once at home and again when our 3rd grade teacher showed us it at school. I'm not sure how many 3rd graders spent their recesses shooting up or dropping acid, though. :p

Anyways, at the time I thought it was pretty cool seeing all my fave cartoon characters in action. Now, it just seems a bit campy, and unfortunately a bit dated (Alf?). Haven't seen it in years, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

I wonder what characters they'd have if they were to make an update of this show, though.

5. jrh31584

jrh31584 Also an excellent speller.

Sure bets would be the Powerpuff Girls and Spongebob Squarepants. Beyond those, I don't know for sure.

6. ToonamiFanatic

ToonamiFanatic Active Member

I remember this show. I waited all morning for it to come on
    remember seeing the promos made by george and barbara bush reminding us to watch it together at so and so time later on today. I dont remember much just pictures. but the article brought back memories though.

and oh the Barbara bush comment had me rolling all over the floor in tears of laughter :D

7. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

That's why I remember it. Michaelangelo was kinda scary in it though. He wasn't nice to say the least.

This cartoon was great back in the day. I'd love to watch it again.

They'd never make another with such a variety of characters because the animation companies don't get a long very well these days. So you could get a cartoon with all the Disney character, all the Warner Bros. characters, all the Nickelodeon characters, or some other company, but not all of them in the same video er... DVD. It's a shame though...